My F-11D "Heavy" build

Just wanted to share some photos of my F-11D "heavy" rifle build. It's of course the version carried by the Heavy Gunner FO stormtroopers, and a customized (mostly chromed-out) version is carried by Captain Phasma. Once again, many thanks go to Germain (T5H) for providing us with 3D-print files. :salute:

I based my build on the photo in the Visual Guide:
29260626466_cd91cc80a9_c.jpg

Here's how it turned out - I plan on adding actual torx screws when they come in next month (I have them on order but I needed this done in time for DragonCon):
29186256932_c20ee18788_c.jpg

Size comparison to the standard F-11D blaster:
28671674434_b4eb38ed4e_c.jpg

Here's how I did my lights:

On the left is red film gel that I used to cover the holes in the mag and counter. In the center is an LED panel powered by 2AA batteries. The power source fits neatly inside of the rear barrel, can power up to five LED panels and is accessible (on/off switch and battery changeout) simply by removing the butt stock / end cap, and the LED panels themselves fit inside the counter (one panel facing the holes) and magazine (two panels glued back-to-back and facing the top/bottom holes). The tac light at the muzzle is a small maglight that fits inside a hole I drilled in the front. It can be turned on/off by twisting the bezel at the front, and although it's firmly in place it can be pulled out with a set of pliers in order to change the AAA battery.
28671690544_5578ffdedd_c.jpg

Per my usual practice, a couple of practice poses:

29186269982_84d11c5db7_c.jpg

29215799171_d02d39d437_c.jpg

My collection of First Order weaponry - I think I'm finally set for DragonCon :duim: :

28671678154_275c0cf42a_c.jpg

What's missing? A set of quadnoculars and a Jakku trooper backpack - both of which I have sources lined up for.

Oh, and I still need a dropship. Anybody doing a run of First Order troop transporters? ;)

• Like 1