KaiserW AM 2.0 build (ANH Stunt)

Trimmed up the helmet top a bit for a better fit and E6000'd it to the back (the glue got tacky fast??? Humidity?)

Cut the teeth on the frown and placed the hovi tip holes.

Left forearm trimmed to size, ready to make cover strips and glue up. Hopefully get that done after I get the kids to bed :)

897A2518-E312-4315-9022-A07F76F7A52E_zps

Back part of the helmet is a bit skewed, gonna try a hot water bath and even it out so it sit's better against the face plate.

Cut my four 15mm cover strips and glued up the left forearm.

Gonna try and get a piece done and glued each night, here's hoping.

4CF1FE93-5644-4383-9039-338F4664BA13_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got the right forearm trimmed and glued! Going to get the biceps fitted tonight.

If I am going to get this done as well as my kids TB's and TFA I need to get rolling. Also, going to need more magnets!!!

It's moving much faster now with each cut and each cover strip, I like it. This is sooo much fun.

23EC0B34-5FEC-466C-B4B2-B5DC51BA809B_zps

• Like 1

2 steps forward, 1 step back

Biceps trimmed, hot water bathed to fit and ready for covers strips.

Decided to open up the left top forearm a bit with the bath as well. Ended up popping part of both cover strips. So 3 sets of covers strips to do tomorrow :)

Great, long, weekend with the family at Cedar Point. Rode some awesome coasters!

Got home early enough today, re-did the right forearm after the hot-bath ungluing. Trimmed and cleaned the left forearm, also gave it a bit more opening on the upper inside.

Got the cover strips finished for the biceps and installed bell hooks per Ukw's instructions.

Trimmed the bells as well and installed the elastic.

B4694A05-98AD-4444-A56C-09DAF26E898F_zps

BBD1C2C1-98EE-4426-AF6A-86B262AB3C84_zps

Realized I left little to no return edge on the outside upper forearm's.

This should still be ok for basic approval, right?

Hi Eric,

a small return edge at the forearms is no issue for any level of approval as far as I know. :)

Good work so fare. Enjoy your build! :)

Cheers

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon

Thanks Christian!

Progress so far, bells, biceps and forearms are all done. Attached snap plates this evening. Just need to remove a bit of excess glue and they are all set.

Going to try to get the shins trimmed and assembled this weekend, if not the thighs too.

Then it's just the ab sections and the helmet. Speaking of the helmet. I test fit some fiberglass mesh tape (like used for drywall) as a spacer between the back and top of the bucket, and everything fell in place nicely.

Will fiberglass meshed between ABS with E6000 cause any problems? I'll probably test it on some scrap this weekend too, just to be safe.

• Like 1

Thighs trimmed and test fit. definitely gonna need to take a bit off the top, but I will wait till I have the midsection fitted to ensure minimal gap between the thighs and the cod.

810CA078-366E-46AA-A413-BE1680A209AB_zps

Shins were a bit of pain to figure out R & L. I am 99% sure I have it now. Hope so because the inner cover strips are curing.

AAE3773F-76AB-41C3-BFEF-1CD6DD5A8AB1_zps

I also got in these magnets (https://www.apexmagnets.com/3-4-x-1-8-disc-magnets-adhesive-backed) they are great. I doubled up a 4"x4" old t-shirt square and wrapped these magnets in them with a zip tie. The nice part was they have their own adhesive, so no glue like my last set, and they seem to stay better too.

A7546FBE-1E13-4F94-AA08-34F41AB07BA6_zps

Edited by KaiserW

Speaking of the helmet. I test fit some fiberglass mesh tape (like used for drywall) as a spacer between the back and top of the bucket, and everything fell in place nicely.

Will fiberglass meshed between ABS with E6000 cause any problems? I'll probably test it on some scrap this weekend too, just to be safe.

No, there shouldn't be any issues there, since the E6000 will attach to almost anything with a rough surface (and some smooth ones), so you are good.

Thanks Sentry. Tested this Sunday night, it looked good for adhesion Monday, so I put the helmet back together, looks much better.

Got the sniper knee attached, may need a bit more reinforcement, we'll see when I pull the clamps/mags tonight.

Got my snap plates for all the AB stuff made as well.

I can just use a solid button with a webbed snap in place of split rivets on the right side ab, correct? I know it won't be centurion, but right now I'm just going for basic.

Sorry no pics, my phone was playing music, and subsequently died :(

Btw, the faceplate attachment on the helmet is going to be a pain.

Got the chest and back plate all trimmed up as well as the shoulder straps.

I am trying to figure out the best placement for the shoulder straps. The tops of the chest flare a bit and I kept a bit of return edge, so the strap doesn't hide the top of the armor. I have the straps covered in tape holding them onto the chest/back pieces to test fit. So no pics tonight of my quandary.

Going to go through a few AM threads and see what others did.

Here are the trimmed pieces though:

414A956A-A0FF-4AB9-9ECB-D37216BB5752_zps

Got the chest and back plate all trimmed up as well as the shoulder straps.

I am trying to figure out the best placement for the shoulder straps. The tops of the chest flare a bit and I kept a bit of return edge, so the strap doesn't hide the top of the armor. I have the straps covered in tape holding them onto the chest/back pieces to test fit. So no pics tonight of my quandary.

Going to go through a few AM threads and see what others did.

Here are the trimmed pieces though:

414A956A-A0FF-4AB9-9ECB-D37216BB5752_zps

I got to this stage before I took a break, looking forward to seeing how you approach it, the excess width on the armor pieces looks larger than other armors I have seen.

Wanted to get the ab/cod/kidney trimmed up, but ended up taking over a poke gym with the kids after work and getting a quick bite at wendy's :)

So instead I repositioning the sniper knee plate, I didn't like how it was laying. Trimmed a bit off one side so it laid flatter in the edge, and centered the diamond more. Very happy with how it turned out.

Then I decided to go ahead and at least get the front cover strip on the thighs, that took a bit longer just due to the size and curvature. Also tried to minimize the gap at the bottom of the left one where there is no cover strip.

So now I'm ready for the body stuff. I test fit yesterday, and I'm pretty much at max height for this suit. Gonna try to trim up the above mentioned pieces and get snap plates installed as well as the suspenders system so I can make sure I trim the thighs accordingly, if at all.

• 1 month later...

I trimmed a little off the shoulders on the chest and back then fitted the elastic straps. I think as long as you center the elastic straps you could get away with trimming after they're fitted. This'll help figure out exactly what needs trimming. I left enough on that I still need to narrow the chest and back plastic a little. A lot of it is covered by the external strap, which was easier to figure out once the chest and back were together. I think I agonize too much, so am going really slowly.

Thanks for the reassurance Storm, that is what I did. The elastic is on the front piece and ready to fit on the back, and I will trim if needed once I see how it fits.

I had to step back from my building and work on the kids TB's and FN for Halloween. Almost done, but boy is it going to be a mad dash for the school Halloween dance Friday :)

I will at least be able to wear my cog flight-suit and beanie for Halloween .

Edited by KaiserW

Slight delay in building:

A2DABC41-BF4A-46A0-BD83-19726712D3FE_zps

Had to get these done for the boys for Halloween.

Unfortunately that means my TK isn't finished for trick or treating. I'm going as an imperial mechanic, I have a tie flight suit and cog beanie :)

Next deadline for my TK is for Rouge One!

Luckily I learned a lot rushing through the kids builds.

• Like 1