Yoshix's T-21 w/ spOOL68's Kit

First off, let me start out by saying how great spOOL68's kit is, its great! I was about to go out and spend bank on a completed T-21 (that I cant even troop with because I'm not a sandy) before I stumbled on his kit. It saved me a lot of time and moneys.

Second, my build is not at all to be the most accurate (as you will see), I build things the way I like and some ppl have a problem with that, but this is for me. Maybe my thread will help someone down the road, who knows.

Third, Roger, please don't take my changes as a criticism on your kit. As I mentioned above, I love your kit and I'm a nut kase that dose things my own way.

My build is 99% done, so please hold your criticisms to the end. I took a lot of photos so, lets get started!

k4Rdm6e.jpg

For the most part, this is the kit as it came in

ncgZmqZ.jpg

I sanded these down to give them a little bit of a sharper look.

eukLZZP.jpg

I cut this apart because its just a little bit to large an heavy for me, I ended up replacing the barrel later.

lsChh0U.jpg

I cut down the top part with a ban saw to make it thinner and litter.

NbtNFLh.jpg

Looks a like this

More to come shortly

I bought a 3.5 inch diameter PVC pipe from Home Depot but it was just too heavy and I kinda wanted to go smaller

VqlPSZ3.jpg

I found this among my old things

uCXvzNo.jpg

I found that if I wrap it with signs it gives me just under 3.5" I think around 3 and quarter.

TqVE4Cx.jpg

I used E-6000 to attach

PK1Z1JB.jpg

Luckily I have a wood shop at my disposal, I drew out a ruff image of what I wanted on a piece of black walnut.

acGBn2z.jpg

I routed out a channel for my 1/2" plywood base to fit in.

2lB7yRd.jpg

I wanted this thing to be able to break down into three pieces so I glue only the hardwood, not to the ply

qrPgaDl.jpg

I cut the end piece to fit in the barrel.

9yTfeat.jpg

I found these PVC connectors at Home Depot, I think its said something like 2.5" but I don't remember. I honestly had a hard time tracking something down to use for the end of the barrel. It was cool because they have this small lip on the inside for the tip to sit on. It was bad because they are the heaviest  part of the prop.

GEsVIBo.jpg

I did the same a before and covered it with a sign

K7VogkP.jpg

Starting to cut down the barrel adapter

More soon!

AYdBa5X.jpg

Its finally starting to look like  a rifle. The rib section in the photo is industrial vac hose that I cut down. No worries, I ended up getting the D shaped rubber from ebay later.

hY271Cf.jpg

starting to shape the wood

9SODvfF.jpg

Spacers to center the front of the barrel.

hqbl7UI.jpg

Hard to tell what this is but I cut along the line to make the sight a little smaller.

goSzAmu.jpg

cut the top a little so that if fits together better.

uipDTU6.jpg

I cut the trigger down a little too, just because I can.

xQ7a5hf.jpg

I put the trigger and decided not to mess around with any springs. For the trigger guard I just used a heat gun to bend a hard strip of plastic then cut groves for it to sit in and glued.

yHSwcT7.jpg

I glued and clamped everything down, just to rip it all back up later. So, some things get repeated.

cQZAiJs.jpg

front on

mCKzed0.jpg

I got some cool comparison shots of a fellow squad members T-21 just to make sure I was on the right track.

oUwYRvn.jpg

nExt6g3.jpg

Rei1o0b.jpg

I trimmed these down a little and pre-drilled for screws, I don't what them to fall off if I hit them too hard.

iK4J3B2.png

Found this on ebay, I bought 15 feet and ended up using about 14'

vGMo37y.jpg

I drilled holes to feed into. This is me transferring it over.

More later!

• Like 1

Looking awesome! I love it that you're making it your own. Great job so far and keep up the good work!

Thanks man! I was a little worried you would hate me.

I'll say it again, your kit is awesome! You don't need to make any changes to it to have it look great. You can see how much time and effort and detail spOOL68 put into it. I most certainly recommend this kit to anyone who likes to make stuff.

• Like 1

dO95ITF.jpg

I hollowed out the stock the best I could to try to bring the weight down, I should have actually done this before I glued the two half's together. Then cut a piece of sign to cover the holes that I will paint black and glue on soon.

NyxzA8j.png

I bought this for the sling. Right now I have just a 1" strip of nylon for the sling but I think it looks a little cheep, I may end up getting the replica one I found on ebay. Whats putting me off is that I will need to buy two of then to cover the distance and I cant decide if I want tan like in ANH or OD green for $6 less a piece.6gVuINO.png

Thanks man! I was a little worried you would hate me.

I'll say it again, your kit is awesome! You don't need to make any changes to it to have it look great. You can see how much time and effort and detail spOOL68 put into it. I most certainly recommend this kit to anyone who likes to make stuff.

Thx man!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...