Is this any good?

jacgren

It says " Able to be 501st submitted..".   Many ebay (and other online sellers) use this or similar lines but 99.9% of the time it is simply not true.  Of course it's able to be submitted, but it won't be approved, so I would steer clear of this, Jac, unless you are looking for an expensive Halloween costume.  Your best bet to be sure of not only quality, but a kit that can be 501st approved is to check out the "vetted" sellers list here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/.  Hope this helps!

Yes buyer beware. Cheap prices on eBay seem like a good deal until you get it home and find that there may well be an incredible amount of work required to get it to an approvable level, and that is on top of having to build it right aswell.

It is very rare that you will see anyone here refer you to eBay to buy something unless it's cheap tools etc to actually construct your kit.

The vetted sellers list is a good start to get an idea of pricing, that's not to say you have to buy armour from one of them as there are a few more not on that list that make good quality armour.

Good luck on your journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So...are you a normal sized person? If so, save for anovos. If not, you need to read the getting started thread for kits better suited to various body types.

Get in contact with your garrison, there might be someone in the group I was looking to sell their kids. That's how I acquired mind, I fell of Garrison member was selling and a kit.

Really, be date and buy from a member, or from the vetted list of vendors.

Trooper 31201 | Star Garrison | North Texas Squad

• Like 1

Get in contact with your garrison, there might be someone in the group I was looking to sell their kids

I think that's against 501st rules!

OP; I'd avoid this sale personally.  For not too much more you can get a guaranteed kit from a vetted seller.  I'm not a fan of 3-piece helmets either.

It's not against the 501st rules for members to sell things to each other.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying. I bought my kit, which is from of vetted vendor, from a fellow member of my Garrison. I'm suggesting purchasing one from a member, if it's for sale, as to be able to get it in hand quicker.

Otherwise yes, I agree they should definitely look at the vendor list.

I think that's against 501st rules!

OP; I'd avoid this sale personally. For not too much more you can get a guaranteed kit from a vetted seller. I'm not a fan of 3-piece helmets either.

It's not against the 501st rules for members to sell things to each other.

Go back.and read what autocorrect did to you...kids not kit. He was making a funny. Selling kids is definitely against 501st rules...well not actually forbidden in the charter :-)

• Like 2

I was really hoping that was what I was missing.

Go back.and read what autocorrect did to you...kids not kit. He was making a funny. Selling kids is definitely against 501st rules...well not actually forbidden in the charter :-)

• Like 1