Painting inside bucket which is easier?

Looking to just spray paint the inside of my bucket and wondering which is easier - spraying it put together or in separate pieces?

One of the advantages I can see with painting it all put together is the bolts would all be painted, but other than that, not sure.

Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks!

I painted mine intact.  Just removed the lens and the S tube, and masked the heck out of everything.  Pics in my build thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35552-kmans-anovos-tk-adventure-build/?p=480425

Seemed pretty simple and straightforward.  It was a little tricky getting good coverage in the very front (by the Hovi tips), but it all worked out.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

I painted mine intact.  Just removed the lens and the S tube, and masked the heck out of everything.  Pics in my build thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35552-kmans-anovos-tk-adventure-build/?p=480425

Seemed pretty simple and straightforward.  It was a little tricky getting good coverage in the very front (by the Hovi tips), but it all worked out.

Ah thanks so much for sharing your build with the pics...definitely a big help!

Dig the way you did your fans as well...I need to figure out how to do that!

• Like 1

Also, High, don't forget to sand, clean thoroughly, and prime it before painting or using Plasti-Dip on the interior.  Otherwise, anything you stick inside with Velcro will eventually peel off.

• Like 1

Also, High, don't forget to sand, clean thoroughly, and prime it before painting or using Plasti-Dip on the interior.  Otherwise, anything you stick inside with Velcro will eventually peel off.

For sure..thanks Joseph for the reminder!

Do you really feel primer is needed for PlastiDip? PlastiDip is a lot more flexible than regular paint, which can flake, and which is one reason why I went that route instead of paint. I feel PlastiDip bonded quite well with the plastic... which isn't to say it can't be peeled up, but not under normal circumstances. All of my Velcro is on there nice and firm.

I 100% concur that the surface should be lightly sanded (high grit! no need to score the plastic with rough stuff!) and carefully cleaned (simply wiping down with rubbing alcohol does this well) before starting the paint/dip application.

I didn't take any chances, Kalani.  I sanded the surface with 120 grit paper to ensure a really rough surface, cleaned the bejeezus out of it, then hit it with a quick coat of Krylon primer for plastic.  I have added/removed Velcro more times than I can count, and no problems yet!  (Knock wood).

• Like 2