Black Series Stormtrooper Helmet for Rogue One

TK-16845

So these helmets were just announced and are the Rogue One version as the blue and black vent strips have been cut in. Releases Sept 30th and has a voice changer. Im sure it will retail for around $80 as this is what the Kylo Ren helmet went for. http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/08/report-first-look-at-black-series.html

EMEp8ye.jpg

• Like 5

Any idea where these will retail from online?

Sounds like it maybe a Force Friday release perhaps?

I would probably assume same as last year at Target and Toys R Us.

• Like 1

Sounds like it maybe a Force Friday release perhaps?

I would probably assume same as last year at Target and Toys R Us.

Yes, Arc is correct, it will be a Force Friday item. If its gonna be anything like last year it was an absolute madhouse at Toys R Us at midnight trying to get the Episode VII Black Series Figures...they were all sold out by the 5th person in line. Hopefully these dont go as quick so I can check them out.

I'm not sure about elsewhere around the globe, but I find here in AU that Toyrs R Us are the best at keeping up with the Black Series items.

Even now they keep up with the Kylo helmets still keep the 6inch figures in a steady rotation.

Little video of these buckets in action. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-stormtrooper-helmet-sale-924818

Takeaways- 

- ABS plastic. NICE! 

- Polished

- Tube stripes and vents properly indented and painted 

- Eyebrow trim and other black areas are cast in rubber soft touch material with the ABS mould, not two pieces

- Ala EFX, lenses are cheap and see through

- Voice changer button seems to be hidden in right ear stripe or maybe one of the screws is a button? 

- $79 w/ preorders Friday. 

I'm not sure about elsewhere around the globe, but I find here in AU that Toyrs R Us are the best at keeping up with the Black Series items.

Even now they keep up with the Kylo helmets still keep the 6inch figures in a steady rotation.

Check the area Walmarts a few days before force Friday. Here they put all the stuff out early.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how these can compare to molds and kits like ATA. Our kits have a lot of detail and are 501 approved already as long as we stay true to the build. I know the kylo helmet has been liked and some have modified it some what. The common knocks have been the voice changer and inside harness.

I wonder how these can compare to molds and kits like ATA. Our kits have a lot of detail and are 501 approved already as long as we stay true to the build. I know the kylo helmet has been liked and some have modified it some what. The common knocks have been the voice changer and inside harness.

If you mean OT kits, those will not work for R1. This is a different design and will eventually have it's own CRL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

From what I'veheard from adam savage's experience with the black series hasbro helmets is that they're extremely accurate, he said around 98%. i believe... which is good, since he compared it to his " Prop Shop kylo ren helmet.... If it's that accurate, i trust them with this rogue one tk..

Adam said that about the BS Kylo helmet. It remains to be seen how accurate the BS stormtrooper is. I suspect it will need more mods to be 501st acceptable. Patching unwanted seems for one thing. Some feel the stormtrooper helmet may be a little too small. I wonder about the accuracy of the vocoder as well.

They may have needed to make more compromises with this helmet to stay at the price they wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I canceled my preorder. As mentioned, I already have the ATA kit so I'm just going to stay with that. I wasn't really concerned about matching rouge oNE props, but matching anh. Besides, therpf has uncovered some shots on the back of the helmet that turned alot of collectors off.

These BS series buckets are expensive here in Australia $149.00 Aus plus $30 shipping, even so, I still preordered one (A sucker and his money are easily parted lol)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk