Am 2.0 bucket questions.

I need to pick someone's brain that has experience with the AM 2.0 bucket building.

First did you glue the cap on first ?

Second are the three holes on each side good reference for the inner screws ? Or did you find you needed to screw in different areas ?

Hello! I first attached the back and front together following the screw dimples. It came out very lop-sided, so Iwent back and disassembled it. I attached the cap to the back, and put the front in. This time, I measured where the ears should be and drilled where the holes lined up. However, the ears didn't exactly sit well with the tubes. But, when done this way, the helmet came out assembled much better.

012e63a8c9.jpg

9d14735340.jpg

The gap is rather large, so I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. That's about the only problem.

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

Do the top to back first!

There are a couple of recent threads of AM builds with these question and answers.

I matched up the dimples on one side and the other was really lopsided so I had to line it up then drill. Don't be like me as seen below!

The cheeks are the big part since they cause the gap. They are fixable if you follow the advice I gave. Sorry but it was last month and I'm on my phone right now and don't have a link. It was someone else's AM build.

75620B64-1DB2-45FF-AA8B-7F8E94C1900A.jpg

7358D33B-0995-4486-ACE1-9CC81B41C3DF.jpg

I found this one, but still can't find the thread which talked about pulling the cheeks in to reduce the ear gap. That was the key!

Inkedfritos686 ANH AM 2.0 build and journey

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/37994-Inkedfritos686-ANH-AM-2%2E0-build-and-journey&share_tid=37994&share_fid=44557&share_type=t

I had the same problem. I used the dimples as a guide only. The ears just need to be trimmed slightly to fix. Some of it will take you just pushing them into place and then putting the bottom screws in.

so as a guide only you didn't screw into the three holes you made your own spots to put the screws under the ears ?

RLH2515

Forget about the 2 top ear holes. You only need to worry about the center top. The other two will be done after the ear is fit.

Fit the center one so the face lines up right. I started with the side where the smiles lined up. The other side was distorted or something so the dimples wouldn't work.

Then squeeze the cheeks together and make a new screw hole to hold them. This is to reduce the gap to the ears.

Then trim the ears but not to a final trim. Just so it's close.

The key is to then drill the very bottom ear hole and INSTALL THE SCREW EACH TIME you fit and trim the ear. Just laying it on there is a lot different than actually installing the screw. Tightening the screw moves the ear slightly. It's a pain and you'll do it many times but the effort is worth it. Mine have no gap.

Once you're happy, insall the last two (upper) ear screws with the ear secured at the bottom. These screws will not distort the position since the bottom one is holding everything.

AD5B5C50-BB1A-4DB2-B6F5-07EC55A509B9.jpg