HWT Ammo Pouch attachments

CrookKnight

Looking for ways to attach the black ammo pouches to the pauldron and belt.  Anyone have any pics showing the best way to do this? 

If I feed the belt through the loops in the back of the pouches it will be angled on the belt.

Thank you in advance.

Looking for ways to attach the black ammo pouches to the pauldron and belt.  Anyone have any pics showing the best way to do this? 

If I feed the belt through the loops in the back of the pouches it will be angled on the belt.

Thank you in advance.

I riveted two nylon straps to each waist pouch. The straps are long enough for the waist belt and then some, not to mention the pouches are now vertical. 

The pauldron is positioned on the right shoulder. The chest pouch is positioned on the left side of the chest near the shoulder. For that I use a nylon strap riveted near the top of the pouch. It's fashioned in such a way it creates a 1" loop. The upper shoulder bell elastic then feeds through the nylon loop back up to the chest to back strap. The pouch hangs neatly on front. I know some put a snap on their backpack strap and mount the pouch to that.

HWT Centurion app http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30095-tk-10116-requesting-hwt-centurion-status-ata2/

• Like 1

You are correct in thinking that the pouches would be angled, Shawn.  These are the ways I attached mine, and it had held up really well.

Belt ammo pack-   (Photo 1) I took a piece (about 10 inches long) of a 1 inch wide strip of aluminum, (the same one used to make the E-11 scope rail) and bent it in half.  I then used epoxy to secure it directly to the ammo pack itself.  You simply slide it onto the belt after getting suited up.  Be sure to add some self adhesive Velcro (the fuzzy side) onto the inside to keep it from scratching your armor.  The photo shows duct tape, but that has been replaced with the Velcro.

Shoulder ammo pack-  (Photo 2) I took a piece of the same 1 inch black webbing I used for the shoulder straps and made a loop, which I secured to the left strap.  I then added two snaps to hold it in place.  Goes on and off easily.  If you choose this method, be SURE to use 2 snaps.  Trust me.

Hope this helps, and if I can be of any further help, just PM me.

20151102_070303_resized_zpsx0mkepeg.thumb.jpg.60aec0b9fb17f1b0fc4499b8237dd14b.jpg

20151102_070445_resized_zpshlgdhsbr.thumb.jpg.5b3e07bc03897e5da6d31f29bf38d587.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

I riveted two nylon straps to each waist pouch. The straps are long enough for the waist belt and then some, not to mention the pouches are now vertical. 

The pauldron is positioned on the right shoulder. The chest pouch is positioned on the left side of the chest near the shoulder. For that I use a nylon strap riveted near the top of the pouch. It's fashioned in such a way it creates a 1" loop. The upper shoulder bell elastic then feeds through the nylon loop back up to the chest to back strap. The pouch hangs neatly on front. I know some put a snap on their backpack strap and mount the pouch to that.

HWT Centurion app http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30095-tk-10116-requesting-hwt-centurion-status-ata2/

You beat me by 4 minutes, Tony, LOL.

• Like 1

Yes, but I'm in a 12 step program for it, though... PWGEEA... "People Who Give Extended Explanations Anonymous".  I can't seem to get past step one, though. :D

Yes, but I'm in a 12 step program for it, though... PWGEEA... "People Who Give Extended Explanations Anonymous".  I can't seem to get past step one, though. :D

ahhahahahaha  :laugh1:

If that's the case then judging by my build threads I'm the founder of that club  ;)

• Like 1

For my shoulder pouch I attached it to the pauldron. I tried it on the strap without any luck. It didn't sit right and would interfere with bell when lifting my arm. A plus is that I still have it on when I take a break from the pack on those long troops. My approach for the waist pouches wouldn't work for you as I used metal and magnets with clips. Either suggestion you read would work great. Good Luck your almost there!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For my shoulder ammo pouch, I run the left strap pf my backpack through the strap on the ammo pouch and to hold it up in position, I put the shoulder bell-shoulder strap nylon through it. that keeps it from sliding down the backpack strap and works great for me.