TK Armour

I am also looking to buy my first suit.

Head to the Getting Started section, lots of info there for armor

Head to the Getting Started section, lots of info there for armor

I've already been there, which is where I found Anovos. The only prob with them is, their wait time, for their DIY kit for $650. The other suggestions on that info page had only one other vendor that had a website and their site hasn't been working properly and their pages aren't loading, where I can see the full description.

Any other suggestions?

I've already been there, which is where I found Anovos. The only prob with them is, their wait time, for their DIY kit for $650. The other suggestions on that info page had only one other vendor that had a website and their site hasn't been working properly and their pages aren't loading, where I can see the full description.

Any other suggestions?

Just FYI the wait time isn't always accurate. I bought the anovos kit for $650 and it gave a date almost a year away. I got mine delivered within a month.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew owns the site, he is the orginal creator of the stormtrooper. Just paid off all his fines from the Fed's from Lucus Films, has a agreement to not sell or ship to the US.

Andrew did not create anything.  He vac formed the sculpts by Liz Moore (Helemet) and Brian Muir (armour).

General advice is to look elsewhere from SDS (Sheperton Design Studios is the general name people use for this armour).

Andrew did not create anything. He vac formed the sculpts by Liz Moore (Helemet) and Brian Muir (armour).

General advice is to look elsewhere from SDS (Sheperton Design Studios is the general name people use for this armour).

If you click the link above. It takes your to SDS website. Btw which is Andrew Ainsworth site aka Shepperton Studios in the About us page it states the following.

"In 1976 prop maker Andrew Ainsworth of Shepperton Design Studios created the original Stormtrooper helmets and armour for the first Star Wars movie, A New Hope. All these years later, Andrew produces genuine, authentic replicas using the original moulds, as close as it is possible to get to the original film props."

Andrew is SDS

SDS is Andrew

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

If you click the link above. It takes your to SDS website. Btw which is Andrew Ainsworth site aka Shepperton Studios in the About us page it states the following.

"In 1976 prop maker Andrew Ainsworth of Shepperton Design Studios created the original Stormtrooper helmets and armour for the first Star Wars movie, A New Hope. All these years later, Andrew produces genuine, authentic replicas using the original moulds, as close as it is possible to get to the original film props."

Andrew is SDS

SDS is Andrew

I'm fully aware who Andrew Answorth is, and I stand by my original statement.

Also worth stating SDS is not the same as TK Armour as was being discussed on this thread previously.

If you want to learn about Andrew there are many topics here and a lengthy court battle that disputes his claims greatly. You will have to make your own decisions. I would never buy from him personally.

Btw I love my Anovos kit approved at 6'3" 200 lbs with no modification and going for Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have been researching to buy my first armour. I am 5'6" tall and about 200 lbs. I am leaning towards buying from tkarmour.com<br>

Price isn't to bad and he claims it will fit someone down to 5'4". <br>

I figured that would save me from needing to modify it to fit my short stature. <br>

His price is comparable to Anovos if you factor in shipping. <br>

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would stay away from TKARMOUR, they are a rip-off. I've been waiting over a month for my amour, and nothing. Everytime I contact the seller, he has a new excuse for why I haven't received it, and he gave me a bogus tracking number.

Is this the tracking number I gave you?

CP050121341TH USPS.com

post-30138-0-48034500-1490280896_thumb.png

Edited by TK ARMOUR UK

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2017 at 11:24 PM, TK ARMOUR UK said:

Not a Bogus tracking number.

Delivered just like the other 74 boxes I sent out

Unfortunately your armor is sub par and definitely not fit for Basic Approval. For anyone interested in details please see this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40067-tkuk-armor-is-it-a-rippoff/

You pop up just long enough to encourage sales but give no information about lineage or source of your molds. I personally have seen your armor and documented with pictures exactly why it is sub-par and unfit. When my applicant asked for a refund, he was given one but he was then told to send that armor off to another customer in the US "to save on customs costs". How could any reputable manufacturer take a sub par product and then with no Quality Control Checking ask one customer to send their return product to a new paying customer?

In short, you are evasive, your business practices are shady, and the product that I have seen personally is not of sufficient quality for application to the 501st.

Any prospective 501st member should surely look elsewhere. A list of vetted armor makers can be found here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

• Like 1

In my travels and interactions with people I meet some nice guys and I meet some bad guys. Sometimes I meet and interact with some truly inspirational guys.

I hear lots of political talk and lots of talk that has a clear agenda or alternate motive.

One guy in the Canadian Garrison told me about his friend Keith Allan Sloggett who was quite sick but very determined and his dream, like many of us, was to be a stormtrooper. I listened to the guy and he told me that he had asked for assistance from others but they were not able to help him at this stage. I was quite happy to help him to realise his friends dream as I could see he was in it for the right reasons. I donated a kit to him to assemble it and put a smile on Keith's face. The kit was assembled and fitted to Keith and then submitted for 501st clearance which cleared.

My satisfaction in this was the letter of thanks I had from Keith's Mother and later one from him personally and the picture of him in the armour knowing that under that helmet there is a huge smile.  We have to thank Mike for that as it was his idea, Job well done Mike!

Sometimes, as I ship my armour kits to all countries there is a very slight chance I will get a return. In 12 years I think I can remember 4 or 5 returns. If the buyer requests a return I will refund them there purchase price plus the shipping costs they have paid. Now I have a problem of sending a 10 KGS very large box back to England. That can be exceedingly expensive. So I try to find and alternative. I have had customers send the box to another person in the same state but generally I will get them to send it to a person in the same country. And quite often I will donate that kit to the person it has been sent to. I have donated lots in England, USA and South east Asia. If a customer pays for shipping to another person then they are always reimbursed directly by me.

Some returns are due to the wife no approving of the purchase when it arrives, some are due to the customer not understanding the nature of the product, as in I can't just wear it out of the box and some are due to me sending out a defective product. I have sometimes had issues with the couriers damaging boxes and I have sometimes just not notices when Im packing the box that the parts are defective. I hold my hand up on that one!

I like to hear of stories like this and any one is free to contact me directly. There is a messaging system in this forum but no one has used it yet to contact me. I am here all the time to respond to a personal message to me. I dont sit looking at forums all the time as I just dont have the time. I have a website where you can all message me and a facebook page. I am always available to respond to you, depending on the time zone!

• Like 1

I joined this forum as I was told there are lots of experts here and they will help and assist the community.

I have always asked for assistance from you guys as you are far more experienced than I. I have always asked for feedback on my armour and have been welcoming any help the more experienced ones can offer me to improve.

I have to thank Dave (TK 72569) for personally looking at the armour I have sent to a recruit and offering me some feedback on areas I can improve the armour.

Firstly the inner Bicep part. Now we all know there is a intentional defect in one side. So when I made the mould I added the defect that was nothing like any other armour makers defect. I did not want to be accused of copying another. So I added my own stlye to it to make is unique to me. That was a mistake that the community was not overly impressed with and Dave pointed it out to me. So in the pictures below you can see the inner bicep part as it started and then a few stages when I have added liquid metal to the mould then tested the mould then trimmed out more to get the final moulded part which looks pretty close to the ANH used parts.

Secondly the knee belt. Now I could see how others have moulded them and that is very difficult on a bigger vac machine. So when I made the mould i added in fault lines where the plastic would bend easy. Again Dave pointed out to me that it looks rippled and that it is not satisfactory so as per the pictures below you can see that I have filed away the lines and now there is only tiny defects that allow the belt to be bent around without breaking.

Thirdly the calves. I have been having some issues with these as I has tried to make aluminium moulds bigger by adding filler to it but it slowly breaks away and shows in the moulded parts. So I have scrapped those moulds and much bigger moulds are being made that will fit huge calfs into. Will have clear pictures when they are ready.

Last the hand guards are very big as Dave mentioned. I dont like dealing in latex as they are supposed to be latex but I do like making parts much bigger as you can always them them smaller.

When I have some more time I will gather some more information and share with you. Just busy these days and experimenting with robots trimming armour!

Thanks again Dave for the help. Please keep it coming.

Any one who wants to see the progress of the 148 armour kits being assembled then please go to the Facebook page where they all all helping each other. TKUK TK Armour Support and Advice. I have asked all the new guys to join in this group and I have added many expert armour builders who have built many of the TKUK armour kits and they are far better qualified than me to answer questions and help others.

JosLIrO.jpgYCA9cq8.jpgyuaXqu7.jpgs7ff54H.jpgKscjsl7.jpgxyTuHuK.jpg2ApaLWB.jpg

• Like 1

Can we just drop the bashing of this armor already..... Its a decent affordable kit, Its been approved in the Canadian garrison so anyone who has this kit and has hope of becoming 501st don't worry just build it to the CRL and you'll be fine.

• Like 1