TK Armour

I have been researching to buy my first armour. I am 5'6" tall and about 200 lbs. I am leaning towards buying from tkarmour.com<br>

Price isn't to bad and he claims it will fit someone down to 5'4". <br>

I figured that would save me from needing to modify it to fit my short stature. <br>

His price is comparable to Anovos if you factor in shipping. <br>

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Keep in mind that tkarmour sells the abdomen with the buttons integrated into the armor and traditionally they are a separate piece that you attach.

Also, the butt plate is oddly shaped.

before purchasing anything outside of the recommended armories, make sure this one is approval based on 501st standards.

at quick glance some of the parts looks a bit "off"

Depends your purpose as well (i.e. EIB, centurion, etc...)

• Like 1

Personally i would stay away from tkarmour.com, for your size you have a lot of great vetted (approved) makers available to you.. 

TM, AM2.0, AP, WTF just to name a few..  see the thread below..  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/ 

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

Hi Ron. I would stay clear of that site. You are buying a set of an older style armor. You are much better off buying from a vendor that has good reviews and is listed as a trusted and reputable vendor. Take a look at the getting started thread and you will find a ton of info there.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys,

By way of introduction, I am the person behind TK Armour UK and my name is David.

There seems to be alot said about me and I thought I would give the opportunity for you to ask me any questions directly as there seems to be a few Chinese Whispers happening.

I have been making armour since about 2004 when I started in Australia. I have studied materials engineering and am fairly familiar with plastic and rubber processing.

I initially started with armour of the FX variety which I made for many years and sent out many units at a very affordable price. I guess my entry into the market at my price range was compared with Aldi supermarkets, the big supermarkets didn't like it!

I later evolved the helmet to a more desirable design as the FX was considered big and not accurate enough.

As I supplied larger companies directly with armour i needed to become a Limited company as many corporate buyers will not deal with some guy making armour in his shed. TK Armour UK Ltd was created with an office in central London and a Barclays company account to deal with transactions with individuals and larger companies.

I spent some time in 2015 changing my molds to be closer to the ANH style of armour with all the faults.

I have exhibited at a few comiccons around the world to just show that I am here and this is my armour. I was at a Comiccon in Belfast in 2015 when I met a member of the Irish 501st legion. He commented that the armour was a good effort and not far off. I asked him if he could guide me as i was open to constructive criticism. He brought across to me kits from 3 of the more significant makers and advised me to make changes to mine that would reflect similarities with the other makers making mine more accurate without being too close to the others. I followed his advice and have kept mine individual and different to the others.

Whilst I was changing my molds I supplied the Britains Got Talent golden Buzzer act Boogiestorm with my first version armour. They came in 3rd and had 80 million hits on youtube. Since my changing of the armour I have also changed their armour to my new version. These guys are doing a great job with sick children etc.

I have made mistakes on the way and sometimes I have disappointing some people. But I have never ripped anyone off. I have had many people rip me off. I have been all around the world to places where armour makers would never bother to go. I have gone to visit costume groups all over the world and many people know my name and many have many thanks for me.

I will be at the MCM London Comiccon as an exhibitor this weekend if anyone wants to see what I am about or just to see my armour parts. You can also catch an autograph and photo of Boogiestorm at my table on Saturday as they are performing there if you are lucky.

Maybe its just me, but I don't like when people spam the site with the same post over and over. There was no need to put this on so many threads.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Keep in mind that tkarmour sells the abdomen with the buttons integrated into the armor and traditionally they are a separate piece that you attach.

Also, the butt plate is oddly shaped.

before purchasing anything outside of the recommended armories, make sure this one is approval based on 501st standards.

at quick glance some of the parts looks a bit "off"

Depends your purpose as well (i.e. EIB, centurion, etc...)

For ESB Troopers the buttons should be integrated to the abdomen plate. The armor is definitely 501st approvable, if it's assembled in the right way. But you're right, there are more accurate kits on the market. If you want to get to higher ranks as Expert Infantry or Centurion (what I highly recommend :D) you should consider to buy a more accurate kit of armor.

If your only goal is to get into the legion (maybe as cheap as possible), you can get approved with this armor. But be aware, that it's not a high end kit! The choice is yours...

• Like 2

Maybe its just me, but I don't like when people spam the site with the same post over and over. There was no need to put this on so many threads.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Agreed.  This is in bad taste, and certainly does not make a good impression.

Sorry guys did not mean to spam, just wanted to make a comment on relevant posts about me

I didn't take it as spam personally. I assumed you were just trying to explain yourself and for me, I don't have a problem with it. But that's just me and I can not speak for others.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm curious myself. TK Armour or TKUK has been called out as a recaster here before so I wanna make sure before I take the plunge. Here's a pic of his latest armor he posted on FB:

--------

For a detailed look at his components, refer here: http://tkarmour.com/gallery.php?id=3

Would appreciate the views of the TK experts here on whether or not these are recast parts which would prevent 501st approval.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

YhDtoKO.png2xogjLu.jpgDulKhNA.jpgUdxjiD7.jpgiw3xnEb.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the Pictures.

The butt piece will look odd to some as I have tried to make it as large as possible. Now fits my butt!

All the parts I have tried to make them over size and easy to trim down without noticing.

The legs and thighs are really big with a good size overlap at the back

I first publically displayed my new armour parts at the Belfast comiccon last year.

I was approached by a member of the Irish garrison who told me Its not bad, almost there. Do you want some feedback and would you like to compare yours with others?

So I was given the opportunity to look at armour kits from the main big 5 makers and see the simularities in them all. So I followed his advice on changing my parts, AB plate needed to be a little different, the belt was too wide and not long enough, the inner bicep needed a bigger dent, the forearms were too small, a little shape change on the shoulder bells, the chest triangle was too tall and the 011 on the back was too deep.

After making the advised changes I sent a set to the same guy and he assembled it and said he was satisfied with it.

I changed my armour moulds by looking at 5 of the other makers armour that they had there at the same time. I didnt want to look like one more than another one and I certainly didnt want to copy one. I wanted to be individual and people see it as individual.

I accept that my armour is not the best or most accurate armour there is but I tried to be economical with the armour and make it fit a bigger range of people and to get it to people that before that could not get access to it.

I have attended many comiccons in the UK and showed my armour for everyone to see and will contiue to do so.

I also donate lots of my helmets to sick children through Boogiestorm.

What is the thickness of this armor?

I have the Anovos and love the sharpness of the pulls but after a year of trooping am starting to deal w/ cracks and splits on the return edges. It is rather thin compared to some of the other makers.

With the set you posted the detail looks softer, I'm assuming it's a thicker plastic.

My Armour is 2mm thick ABS. 

It maybe thin but it is very flexible and long lasting.

I have guys doing back flips, dancing and all sorts of things in this armour.

Ask anyone who has bought from me in 10 years the quality and flexibility of the materials used

Did you tweak your older armor to make them more accurate? Because based on the findings here on WA, your older set were recasts of the old FX armor and with a recast SDS helmet. Can you assure me your newer armor set is not recast? My local 501st is very strict on recasting so I want to make sure before I make the purchase.

• Like 1

He hasn't been online. I do not believe he is recasting. I believe his molds are his own creation. Nobody has proved him to be a recaster. Innocent until proven guilty in my book, not guilty until proven innocent. My next armor kit I get, I am planning to get it from him.

You've seen the Boogie Storm at Britains Got Talent? It's his armour they got. I believe the helmet is a 3-part construction (like FX), which is not clearable.

I personally would stay away and look other makers as there are more accurate kits available for around the same price.