What vendors currently sell TFA armor?

CrookKnight

I know Kevin does.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/user/23993-tk9948/

You also have Jim's kit.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=245993

And then of course Anovos.

I most likely missed some, but these are the ones I know of. :)

Have you ordered from any of these?  RFP looks pretty good.

• Like 1

I wish I could order all three! :laugh1:

But I eventually plan on getting Kevin's kit.

How do you order from Kevin? I could not figure it out from the link you sent me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Can you send me his info? I do not know who Kevin is. Thanks.

The link above it so his profile page here on FISD. There is a button on that page to send him a message.

The link above it so his profile page here on FISD. There is a button on that page to send him a message.

My bad. I was clicking on the link when i was on Tapatalk. Found it on FISD. Thanks.

I'm just finishing a KB kit. I had my ANOVOS to go off of for where to trim and how the pieces needed to be shaped and put together.<br>

If you check out the build thread that shows some of the differences you should be okay. <br>

There are some mods to be done when building so that it coms out right.<br>

Other than that it is a very good kit. And he has riot shields also.

Holding out for the Anovos standard kit, but if they don't offer soon may be looking at other options.

Is the KB ABS and does it match the Anovos plastic? love the look and sharpness of Jim's but don't want to deal w/ sanding, prep and paint.

Holding out for the Anovos standard kit, but if they don't offer soon may be looking at other options.

Is the KB ABS and does it match the Anovos plastic? love the look and sharpness of Jim's but don't want to deal w/ sanding, prep and paint.

KB is ABS.  But no, I don't believe it matches Anovos plastic.  Not exactly, at least.

KB is ABS. But no, I don't believe it matches Anovos plastic. Not exactly, at least.

That is correct. From what I am experiencing , and as you can see stated on the build thread comparisons, the ANOVOS has sharper details and more even thickness of the abs throughout the armor. It also fits together with less mod to the pieces.

Also either way you Will have to do sanding prep and paint and bondo with the abs kits also. Much more than on the ANH armor kits.

Supposedly on the ANOVOS kits there will be an upgrade to avoid having to bondo. But that seems hard to achieve as some parts are seamless. So the seams where the pieces go together must be sealed . See the build threads for this also.

Edited by Surfintrooper
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know how those three (anovos, jim, kevin) armors compare size wise? Any difference between them? I'm a small guy (5'7" / 155 lbs) so I was wondering which one would suit me best.

KB and Jim's kits are both larger than Anovos.  Anovos is your best bet, if you're smaller.

KB and Jim's kits are both larger than Anovos.  Anovos is your best bet, if you're smaller.

Thanks. I saw some pictures of Kevin's armor and it already looked a bit bigger (wider?) too me. Also I think the Anovos will have sharper pulls like their TK compared to others. Now I just have to decide if I'm gonna wait for Black Friday again, maybe we get a nice discount on the kit.

Is this confirmed?  Only reason I ask is because Daetrin kind of said the opposite about Jim's in this thread (at the bottom of the first post):

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11377-where-to-buy-armor/?p=141730

I'm not questioning your information--just trying to clarify as I'm also a bit smaller and am in the market for a FOTK kit.  If Jim's is indeed larger, that's probably troublesome for me.  Although I don't have much interest in waiting a year for the Anovos kits.

Is this confirmed?  Only reason I ask is because Daetrin kind of said the opposite about Jim's in this thread (at the bottom of the first post):

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11377-where-to-buy-armor/?p=141730

I'm not questioning your information--just trying to clarify as I'm also a bit smaller and am in the market for a FOTK kit.  If Jim's is indeed larger, that's probably troublesome for me.  Although I don't have much interest in waiting a year for the Anovos kits.

Interesting.  Daetrin wrote: "Jim (Philippines) - makes helmet/armor that are a bit smaller than ANOVOS. Fan sculpt."

I'm not 100% clear on whether he's referring to the helmet, the armor, or both, with that comment.  I can't speak to the helmet.

Jim's armor is definitely built to accomodate a larger body.  Anovos is definitely on the small side, by comparison.  I've also personally been in touch with KB, who confirmed his armor has a larger size capacity than Anovos.   (I'm too big for Anovos, so I've been looking at options for larger troopers)

I'll contact Daetrin about clarifying his text.

Bear in mind: Jim's kit may still fit you.  It's a lot easier to cut armor down than it is to add to it to make it larger.  My personal focus is on armor that will fit larger troopers, like myself, so I've focused less on smaller armor that won't work for me.

Here's the actual sales thread where Jim's armor comes from:

Note the following in the first post:

In this pic i am 5'8.5" 185 lbs with a 38" waistline. The armor will probably fit someone 5'7"- 6'1” with a wide range of girths without modification. It may fit taller folk but, due to the shortage of 6' and up people over here, i can't test fit. But if you are handy with fiberglass or know anyone who can help you, then with modifications this armor can fit anyone.

Also note:

FAQ

1) Will this armor fit me?

A > Without mods, this armor will fit someone 5'6" to around 6'1". Waistline 32" - 45" (guestimate). Thighs are 25" circumference at the widest part. Biceps are 17". If you are familiar with working with fiberglass, or know someone who is, you can modify the armor to fit outside the range. FOTK armor is actually more of a “one size fits almost all” kind of design with gaps being covered by the gaskets.

(In the more recent pages of that thread, Jim has been telling people who are 6'2" that the armor should fit them)

See also steamboatphan's build thread, one of the first builds for this type of armor:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36799-jimmiraquois-first-order-stormtrooper-build/?p=486096

In it, he writes:

After i had everything sanded down and washed off with light dish soap, I tried the armor on.... again.  I gotta say, this armor fits me like a glove.  I am a bigger guy at 6'1" size 38 waist, roughly 210 lbs.  However, this armor can be modified for anyone between 5'6" to 6'1" and waistline 32" to 45" according to jims project run thread.

And another quote from TheRPF thread:

Received my set today and although I've only given it a brief once over it looks incredible. I'm 6'1 and around 220lbs and it looks as though it's going to be a good fit for me.

What I can assure you is that no one who is 210-220 lbs is going to stuff themselves into Anovos armor.  So again, I'm comfortable with my statement that Jim's kit is bigger than Anovos. 

BUT, perhaps due to the different material, it may be possible to cut it down smaller than with the Anovos plastic.  So I wouldn't necessarily rule it out.  If I were you, I'd contact Jim with more information about your specific size stats, and see what he thinks.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

I love your thoroughness and I appreciate you taking the time.  I had seen the RPF thread and that Jim mentions people as "small" as 5'6".  I know his stuff is more flexible so maybe that includes it's ability to be sized for a wider range.  I imagine with the relative rigidity of ABS, KB and Anovos don't have as much ability to accommodate that range--KB's on the larger side and Anovos more up the middle.  I've already looked into KB on mitcheg1's recommendation (to go with my new helmet--yay!).  Might need to take a closer look at Jim's stuff, too.

Thanks for your info.

Jim's is fiberglass. Needs surface prep, paint, etc.

kB is abs. Based on alpha suits, will need seams filled and paint.

New anovos is supposedly a paint free build unless modified. Time on target 12-14 months buy might be worth the wait.

• Like 1

I had jims kit and sold it for KB props kit. The fiberglass kit is an easier build but it weighs a ton and the flexibility is nice sometimes but it's hard to find paint that won't crack. I had to repaint my kit after 2 months. So far in my KB props build its a lot more trimming and gluing which is a pain but with the abs it's still flexible but weighs hardly anything.

• 1 month later...

Interesting. Daetrin wrote: "Jim (Philippines) - makes helmet/armor that are a bit smaller than ANOVOS. Fan sculpt."

I'm not 100% clear on whether he's referring to the helmet, the armor, or both, with that comment. I can't speak to the helmet.

Jim's armor is definitely built to accomodate a larger body. Anovos is definitely on the small side, by comparison. I've also personally been in touch with KB, who confirmed his armor has a larger size capacity than Anovos. (I'm too big for Anovos, so I've been looking at options for larger troopers)

I'll contact Daetrin about clarifying his text.

Bear in mind: Jim's kit may still fit you. It's a lot easier to cut armor down than it is to add to it to make it larger. My personal focus is on armor that will fit larger troopers, like myself, so I've focused less on smaller armor that won't work for me.

Here's the actual sales thread where Jim's armor comes from:

Note the following in the first post:

Also note:

(In the more recent pages of that thread, Jim has been telling people who are 6'2" that the armor should fit them)

See also steamboatphan's build thread, one of the first builds for this type of armor:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36799-jimmiraquois-first-order-stormtrooper-build/?p=486096

In it, he writes:

And another quote from TheRPF thread:

What I can assure you is that no one who is 210-220 lbs is going to stuff themselves into Anovos armor. So again, I'm comfortable with my statement that Jim's kit is bigger than Anovos.

BUT, perhaps due to the different material, it may be possible to cut it down smaller than with the Anovos plastic. So I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. If I were you, I'd contact Jim with more information about your specific size stats, and see what he thinks.

hey, that's me! Jim has an amazing kit. it's very easy to modify for different trooper sizes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk