Ravant

Greetings from NC

Hey guys!

New to the forum, hopeful entrant to the 501 as an ANH Stunt TK from an Anovos kit. Am going to be putting up a build thread shortly. Sadly, I did my unboxing/most of the upper-body work without taking pictures along the way 'cause I got overexcited and wanted to get things done. But it's all shaping up nicely! I'm genuinely looking forward to completing this all (likely sometime tomorrow, even.)

Welcome, Eddie, and way to go on your kit!  Good idea about the build thread, and never too late to ask questions.  Looking forward to seeing you as an approved TK soon!

Eddie hello and welcome!  I'm just about to finish my Anovos stunt kit. A word of advice from a first time builder! Use the snapping system that many on this forum use and forget the Velcro system that comes with the kit! Trust me because i put the Velcro in and i'm now changing that system to snaps! Looks better (more film accurate) and will last much longer!  Also be careful not to get over enthusiastic about removing the protective film especially on the shins because they are hard to tell apart! But the biggest thing is to have fun building your armor!!!  

Take it easy,

Eric 

Hey Eddie and welcome to FISD!  You have gotten good advice so far.  It is never too late to start a build thread because you will have some questions along the way.  It is always easier for members to answer those questions when they can see photos.  Anovos is a good set of armor and you will be happy with it when you are finished.  Have fun and good luck!

Cheers Eddie, welcome to the FISD future trooper!

Hello and welcome to the FISD!  :trooper:

Hello and welcome aboard

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hey, thank you all for the very warm welcome and the advice!

Build and the thread for it are well underway. The literal only thing I have left to do other than fitment and take approval photos at this point is wait for the thighs to dry so I can sand/polish the ABS paste that's hiding the seams for the shims back there. Otherwise? I think I'm ready!

• Like 1

Like silver dollars said, you're going to want to switch over to a snap system.

We just had one of our new troopers who was using the velcro system go through 2 troops where at least one piece of his armor was coming off. Trust me, even I switched over to the snap system. If you have the time it should only take you a few days.

In fact, if you get a chance ask one of your fellow Garrison members if you can see the inside of their TK. That's what I did and it was really helpful.

Trooper 31201 | Star Garrison | North Texas Squad

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm debating between the snaps and industrial velcro, if I'm honest. I really do like the snaps, and they look like they'd work wonders, but I'll be losing a lot of weight over the next year or so. I'm afraid I'd be constantly adjusting/mucking with it. The velcro allows for that adjustability with how long I made the loop sections inside the armor. The only place the velcro was a problem for me at DragonCon this year was the backs of the shins/calves. And that was because the glue holding the calves to the velcro itself was letting go. Even E6000 was weaker than the velcro in that area, so I need to investigate stronger options, like maybe a two-part epoxy.

Edited by Ravant
  • Like 1

I used industrial Velcro and so far after 200+ troops they are still strong and haven't come undone once. Losing calf weight won't change the lines unless you shimmed:. You'll just add more padding Inside the shins to keep them looking good.

G'day Eddie and welcome to FISD