MR CE Hero Style

I picked up a MRCE Helmet and I've started tweaking it. I'm still deciding on how far I want to go with it. The others on here have set the bar very high.

I'm thinking I might want to try a Hero style on it. Anyone know of good supplier for the bubble lenses to fit?

FX Bubble lenses fit but you have to cut down the posts

I picked up a MRCE Helmet and I've started tweaking it. I'm still deciding on how far I want to go with it. The others on here have set the bar very high.

I'm thinking I might want to try a Hero style on it. Anyone know of good supplier for the bubble lenses to fit?

FX Bubble lenses fit but you have to cut down the posts

I don't think the FX bubble lenses are "bubbled" enough...I've never thought they looked accurate.

If anyone knows where to get some nice bubble lenses, please let us know! (thanks!)

I am turning my MRCE into a Hero as well.

Anyone know of good supplier for the bubble lenses to fit?

Kevin is the guy to get them from. He will drill holes so you don't have to file down the posts too!

I'm planning on going all out on my MR CE.

The bar is high... but I think I can make it. B)

Kevin is the guy to get them from. He will drill holes so you don't have to file down the posts too!

I'm planning on going all out on my MR CE.

The bar is high... but I think I can make it. B)

I went to that site, and the forums don't show up for me after registering.

Do you know his email address or can you contact Kevin for us so we may

discuss how to order some from him?

Thanks!!

Well, I signed up to the forums and got cleared and everything. Turns out the producer is on these boards as well.--------------

I bought a set of the flat green ones for my FX and they are great. Can't see in, but I can see out just fine. I'll contact him to see about MRCE lenses.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You shouldnt state things that are still being debated as actual fact. Matter of fact if you look at all of the 'prototype' helmets that Ainsworth made the flat lenses are green but the bubbled lenses are all grey...so youre statement is misleading stating something as fact that is still up in the air. Thats the reason MR made BOTH because there IS no clear cut answer as far as ANH

Just remember he hero bubble eyes are green too.

I thought the argument, ahem, i mean discusion over the colour of hero bubble lenses was concluded a while ago and the concenses of opinion was that indeed they were infact green in colour?

Where? Ive seen teh argument on a lot of boards with a lot of folks saying they have definitive photographic proof one way or the other but nothing concrete either way. I guarantee you if it WAS a known fact MR would have gone that way. Ive seen compelling evidence for both so until Hamill says 'come over to my house and look at my helmet' im going with 'they are either 'grey or green'

I see green on the stunts when I watch the movie but I see grey on the heroes. Ive seen the 'glint' photos people use for the green argument but those simply arent enough. Ainsworth, regardless of his other BS, says he used grey just as he does on his current HEROES. On all of his *ahem* proto helmets he also used grey not green so, unless someone has a hero in hand with pics then the case is not closed.

Don is correct. I've never seen it close. I've seen both side pretty much agree to disagree and move on. No one can produce anything to say one way or the other without some type of manipulation to the picture (i.e. up the contrast to produce a green tint, remove the red to produce a gray tint, remove the blue on one and red on the other to create orange... remove them all together and add those funny eyes....)

This is why MR made both.

make one green and one grey, that should please everyone.

i'm not helping am i? :D

Gary

It might not help,...but it would be great for watching films in 3D!! :blink::D

Mark, tried to PM but your inbox is full. Checking on status of my decals for my CE. PLMK status.

Don

Thanks!!

I've ordered a set of Stomper's Hovis that I am going to mount on my CE. What is the best way for removing the old aerators? It seems like they are just glued in, but I'm hestitant to just pop them off because I don't want to damage the bucket.

Any hints, tips, tricks?

I've ordered a set of Stomper's Hovis that I am going to mount on my CE. What is the best way for removing the old aerators? It seems like they are just glued in, but I'm hestitant to just pop them off because I don't want to damage the bucket.

Any hints, tips, tricks?

Enlarge the cresent hole that is currently there using a dremel (or dremel like tool). There is a small lip which protrudes into the hovis on the one side. You basically want to dremel that down, once that is gone (do all the sides) you can wiggle it off pretty easy.

Good luck.

DD.

Thanks!!

Sorry I just now saw this... looks like you got it worked out though.

(Sometimes I don't get alerts on things I've replied to.)

Where? Ive seen teh argument on a lot of boards with a lot of folks saying they have definitive photographic proof one way or the other but nothing concrete either way. I guarantee you if it WAS a known fact MR would have gone that way. Ive seen compelling evidence for both so until Hamill says 'come over to my house and look at my helmet' im going with 'they are either 'grey or green'

I see green on the stunts when I watch the movie but I see grey on the heroes. Ive seen the 'glint' photos people use for the green argument but those simply arent enough. Ainsworth, regardless of his other BS, says he used grey just as he does on his current HEROES. On all of his *ahem* proto helmets he also used grey not green so, unless someone has a hero in hand with pics then the case is not closed.

Hey Onigiri,

Here's a photo I've had for a while now. Its of a helmet that was auctioned off in 1995. This helmet was used to promote the film during 1977-1980 and is one of the very first promotion/tour helmets. Long before AAs. Its clearly done up as a hero, and has bubbled lenses that are green. IMO there is no doubt the original lenses were green.

Any more info on that helmet? Its very interesting but I would need more info on the helmet.

Hey Onigiri,

Here's a photo I've had for a while now. Its of a helmet that was auctioned off in 1995. This helmet was used to promote the film during 1977-1980 and is one of the very first promotion/tour helmets. Long before AAs. Its clearly done up as a hero, and has bubbled lenses that are green. IMO there is no doubt the original lenses were green.

The helmet was auctioned off @ Christies in 95. It was listed as a promotional helmet used for the Empire Strikes Back. As we know the ESB helmets were restored ANH. This one looks to be done up rather badly, and has had new ears (or very damaged/warped?) botched together then added. The faceplate and back/cap look original to me. Replicas of this kind were not around back then. There was the Joiner (fibreglass) and the AA "proto" helmets. And this is neither.

There is no doubt in my mind that the lenses were green.