Bought the armor. Now to wait.

So this will be my first set of armor that I'll be constructing.  I just purchased the Stormtrooper kit from Anovos for $650.  It isn't slated to ship until January.  But it's cool.  I've got time.  Just curious on people's experiences with Anovos.  Yes? No?  Should have gone with a different vendor?  Anyways.  Until then, I'll be browsing through the forums to get myself ready for when the big box arrives.

• Like 1

So this will be my first set of armor that I'll be constructing. I just purchased the Stormtrooper kit from Anovos for $650. It isn't slated to ship until January. But it's cool. I've got time. Just curious on people's experiences with Anovos. Yes? No? Should have gone with a different vendor? Anyways. Until then, I'll be browsing through the forums to get myself ready for when the big box arrives.

it's really slated for January? I'm ordering mine on Tuesday but for $450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's 2 option with Anovos armor<br><br>

*Optional Soft Goods<br>

Soft goods add-on option includes neck seal, undersuit, and gloves in sized sets of Medium through 2XL.<br>

Neck seal features ribbing and bib.<br>

Undersuit is two-piece with mock turtleneck collar and stirrups.<br>

Gloves are black rubber similar to the original screen-used items.<br>

Pricing<br>

$450.00 USD for do-it-yourself kit.<br>

$650.00 USD for do-it-yourself kit with soft goods.

It seems to me that it would be much less expensive to purchase the soft goods separately...   A set of compression pants on Amazon runs about 8 to 12 dollars, and the same for the shirt.  Darman's neck seal (WAY better quality) is less than $$40.00.  Rubber gloves... $5.00 at Lowe's, Home Depot, or online.

• Like 2

I see from your profile that you are in Lorton, VA. Have you signed on with Garrison Tyranus yet and signed up for a forum account?

www.garrisontyranus.com

We have a very active garrison with a number of Anovos stormtrooopers. By signing up and coming out to our events (and helping out as a handler), you'll be able to see the kit up close and ask plenty of questions.

• Like 1

Just to let you know that I ordered my armor from Anovos they said January and my armor came in about 3 weeks. I'm not trying to get your hopes up but that's the facts! Hope it comes early for you to!

• Like 1

I see from your profile that you are in Lorton, VA. Have you signed on with Garrison Tyranus yet and signed up for a forum account?

www.garrisontyranus.com

We have a very active garrison with a number of Anovos stormtrooopers. By signing up and coming out to our events (and helping out as a handler), you'll be able to see the kit up close and ask plenty of questions.

I appreciate that.  I'll definitely look into it and see if that's possible as I work full time. 

James, definitely get in touch w/ Garrison Tyranus.

To know what you're getting into, they're having an armor party August 27 in Woodbridge. it would be a great hands-on to see other people's builds and get tips/tricks for when yours arrives.

I have the Anovos and it's one of the more user-friendly kits for a first-time builder, mainly due to the pre-assembled helmet and cut-lines molded into the abs to give a guide.

Only tricky part was assembling the thigh armor, after trimming and adjustment the rear seam isn't flat and requires some work to get the cover strip to hold.

Hope to see you at some for the joint events w/ Old Line Garrison in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that I ordered my armor from Anovos they said January and my armor came in about 3 weeks. I'm not trying to get your hopes up but that's the facts! Hope it comes early for you to!

Hi there

Did you order with or without soft goods? I saw on their site they mentioned they were shipping some kits without soft bits already. I've send them an email enquiring about it but no reply yet.

Hi there

Did you order with or without soft goods? I saw on their site they mentioned they were shipping some kits without soft bits already. I've send them an email enquiring about it but no reply yet.

Maybe they'll send more info through their newsletter?  That might be a possibility.

• Like 1

Maybe they'll send more info through their newsletter? That might be a possibility.

Maybe. I think I'll just go ahead without soft parts though. Heard the neck piece isn't too flash.