TK-69004 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RS armor, ATA helmet][624]

Name: Jack Sauder
Forum Name: SkulShurtugalTCG
Star Garrison
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 185lbs

501st profile - http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=21082&costumeID=124

Armor: RS Prop Masters

Helmet: ATA
Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: RS Prop Masters
Gloves: RS Prop Masters
Neck Seal: Darmen
Holster: Darmen
Electronics: Aker
Blaster: Hyperfirm

Front:

azCIMTS.jpg

Back:

bFL4moz.jpg

Left:

t2thVIN.jpg

Right:

ys0WqSb.jpg

Left detail:

f698jLF.jpg

Right detail:

7KjfBN7.jpg

Action shot:

EkFwIdW.jpg

Abdomen detail:

yqTPVeD.jpg

Cod & Butt attachment:

c3ggXSR.jpg

Interior strapping:

2Jlk2iY.jpg

Helmet front:

C0FEt5T.jpg

Helmet back:

mAlb0VQ.jpg

Helmet left:

U3hOkaD.jpg

Helmet right:

qHQPxrD.jpg

Hovi mic tip detail:

fjhsEQA.jpg

Lens color:

MjJRePE.jpg

Blaster left:

unRE5RV.jpg

Blaster right:

ItP04gA.jpg

Blaster back:

lyjG4Uf.jpg

Neck seal:

t8ir21h.jpg

Thermal detonator front:

NeYHNEW.jpg

Thermal detonator back: (CRL does not specify that screws are needed; held with velcro for now)

ErWJgu8h.jpg

Holster attachment:

ZwLfuQS.jpg

Hey Jack, welcome to your EIB review. Thank you for your patience and application, lets get to it.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry so congratulations Trooper!        :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observation made by us and your fellow troopers. The suggestions are to improve the overall look of your armor. None of these suggestions will effect your EIB status. We have a few areas to cover so let's get to it.

1) Helmet paint lines and Hovi tip interior color. All the paint lines could be softened up a bit. They don't have to be perfect. The interior of the hovi tips should be white also. Following your pictures are some reference photos.

fjhsEQAb.jpgmAlb0VQ-crop.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_13_296927-crop.jpgf316cad4-5241-4f0a-ae1b-9bd96b67b348.jpg

2) Shoulder bell to chest gap excessive. Your shoulder bell to chest plate gap needs to be reduced a bit. Tightening the connecting strips and removing some of the lower return edge should help.

azCIMTS-crop.jpgbFL4moz-crop.jpg

Reference photo

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

3) Back plate to kidney gap excessive. There should be minimal gap here. Again, tightening the connecting straps should do the trick. 

bFL4moz-cropb.jpg

Reference photo

cool%20pic-crop2b.jpg

4) Butt plate popping out. It should reside just below the kidney and should be flush with it also. Another strapping adjustment should work. 

7KjfBN7-cropb.jpgbFL4moz-cropc.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg

5) Forearm gap

azCIMTS-cropb.jpg

Reference photo

a686ccf4-d56c-48e4-9d37-aa752f44bbf6.jpg

6) Ab button paint lines should be a bit cleaner. 

yqTPVeD-crop.jpg

Reference photo

ab%20buttons.jpg

8) Ab button vertical plate has too much edge on it and were recommending you trim it back a bit.

yqTPVeD-cropb.jpg

Reference photo

ab%20crop.jpg

9) Top of thigh has some sharp edges were recommending you round off a bit to help prevent digging into your body.

yqTPVeD-cropc.jpg

10) Sniper knee to thigh spacing. There's nothing wrong with the sniper knee overlapping the thigh but you might want to install some foam in the back of the thigh itself which should increase some space between the two.

t2thVIN-crop.jpg

11) Thigh ammo belt too wide. The areas indicated should be trimmed within 1/8" of the boxes.

azCIMTS-cropd.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. This is also where we try and get you in the best possible position for a successful Centurion application.

Our #1 concern is this armor maybe overlap constructed which cannot be used at Centurion. Outside of this, hear are a few more areas you'll need to address before you apply.

1) Thermal Detonator has no screws

ErWJgu8hb.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

2) Holster placement

ZwLfuQS-crop.jpg

Reference photo

Holster%20alignment.jpg

3) Kidney to ab shall only have one seam. This area will need to be fix for level three.

CRL States

For level three certification (if applicable):

• A single visible seam line is present.

f698jLF-crop.jpg

4) Left thigh cover strip is too long. The cover strip should stop just above the lower return edge.

azCIMTS-crope.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_15_34529b.jpg

4) Calf rear cover strip missing. The calves are to have a cover strip on the back outside half of the armor. The cover strip is what covers the inner half, no the armor itself. 

bFL4moz-cropd.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_18998.jpg

Well that's it, thank you again for a great application, make some adjustments and we hope to see you in the Centurion thread soon.   :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks for the approval! I was expecting lots of suggestions and things required before aiming for Centurion, so no problem there. I agree; the fact that so much of the armor overlaps is a big concern for me as well. I personally like the look but I do understand it's not movie-accurate. I'll fiddle around and see if I can make something work, but if I can't, I'm just happy to be EIB. Thanks so much!