Cricket's RS Stunt Build (for the Vertically Challenged)

Cricket

Awesomeness. So glad to see you get to this point. I know there's always something else to tweak but it looks great as is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You'll be there soon, too!  You're doing an amazing job.

Whoop whoop! Christine, this was such an awesome fun ride, thanks for taking us with you. You did it lady (not that anyone didn't think you wouldn't)!!! Sending many congratulatory hugs your way!

kindle

• Like 3

Well congratulations girl! Its been a long battle for sure! From maker issues to errors trying to fit this to you. But its all done now and you can get out and enjoy it finally! 

The big question is what are you building next? 

Christina 

• Like 1

So, I received the news last night, and this morning it is finally sinking in that I've finally reached a milestone on my TK build.  It's a bit overwhelming, actually!  At any rate, today is my birthday, and beginning my first full day as TK-10401 is one of the greatest gifts I could have ever received.

That being said, I would have never accomplished any of this without help the troopers in the FISD.  Super duper special thanks go out to Pandatrooper (Terry), AsBlondeAsLuke (Diana), and UKSWRATH (Tony).  Their build threads and tutorials helped guide me immensely on the path of my build.  Diana and Terry are really the trailblazers of bringing a kit down to size!

Oh, I also can't forget to thank all the people at the two armor parties I attended last year for their assistance!  Those parties are fun and motivating to say the least.  #GGIBG  That's me on the floor, trying to figure out what to cut.  I felt so overwhelmed!

33168282526_c94b1a248d_n.jpg

Trying to figure out how the shins should line up...

33168282516_401982b632.jpg

Making my first marks on the forearms... and my BBB full of white plastic is on my right.  

33168282446_d70433306b.jpg

I'm singling out zv288bot (Jorge) for a massive THANK YOU for all of his help, not only on the board, but also behind the scenes and in the real world with advice, encouragement, guidance, and creative inspiration.  Jorge, as always, you rock man!

Also I want to thank lucnak (Luc), illusionz_09 (David), Alay (Sarah), Addertime (Michael), CTID (Marc), 68Brick (Brad), The5thHorseman (Germain), sylverbard (Mark), TKZombie (Christina), MoSc0ut (Jim), and Daetrin (Paul).  You all took your time to not only follow my build, but also to offer many tips, suggestions, and some tough love along the way.  You guys are the best!

And I can't forget to thank all the troopers who chimed in with words of encouragement during my journey.  You might have only said, "Looks good!", but it didn't go unnoticed.  It was those kinds of comments that helped to keep me motivated to continue, even when I was ready to jump off a bridge.  So to Dark CMF (Tim), Rob .T . (Rob), fragarock (Frank), Racermouse (Rasmus), Rich330 (Rich), KaiserW (Eric), Pretzel (Preston), Alexx_G (Alexander), Tolo (Eric), Sandmann66 (Olli), bowski477 (Jill), JAYJAYN (Jay Jay), Kacrut (Louis), storm shadow (Steve), douglasthecook (Doug), Jaltrooper (Jon), Gwithian (Stephan), Sgt. Bilko (Scott), Eynonz (Thomas), A.J. Hamler (A.J.), jedha-trooper (Daniel), and Sly11 (Andrew)... I appreciate all of you more than you'll ever know!

So now, although this milestone has been reached, my journey will still continue.  Onward for EIB and Centurion, then going to dirty this kit up over with the MEPD.  My next TK kit will be here in a few weeks, which will be a Hero build.  And when those are complete, I'll be assembling a Jawa with the Krayt Clan (that build is currently patiently waiting for me in a box here in my office- I even have a C-3PO head to assemble).  Because everyone loves a Jawa, right? Oh, and there's the whole troop thing I need to do as well!  haha...   :D

Now onward... I hope to meet some of you at Celebration this year!

Glory to the FISD and Long Live the Empire!  

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 7

Congratulations on both the build and your certification!  I'm don't have height issues, but being able to see some of the trimming steps you did on your build will tremendously help me on mine.

A.J.

• Like 1

It's been my privilege to land you few advices, even though, let's be honest, you did all the work yourself. You asked many questions, but figured out your own answers most of the time.

Congratulations on your approval, and Godspeed!

• Like 3

Very cool toaster :duim:  and good luck with your application....even though it looks like a no-brainer and again...awesome build :salute:

Edited by jedha-trooper
  • Like 1

Wow, hey, I'm EIB #700!  Woo hoo!

In case anyone is still following along, here are the things that I need to improve on.  They shouldn't affect my Centurion application, but I am going to fix them anyhow because, well... why not?

helmet.jpg

I didn't document my helmet build really, so I haven't really had any feedback on it.  Above you can see where I need to paint further out in the tears and traps.  Easy fix.

Next, we have an ear.

ear.jpg

I never noticed the placement on it before.  While this isn't a major thing, you can see how it looks in a screen-accurate helmet.  

Ear%20L2.jpg

So I'll fix that, too.

My sniper knee is recommended to be trimmed a little to line up with the armor (along green line).   I'll take care of that one with a quick trim.

sn.jpg

Aaand the belt.  From my EIB review:  "Waist belt ammo belt corners should be aligned with the cloth belt edge. In your case we're not sure what can be done without damaging the ammo belt itself. If you can safely remove the mounting covers, move them back a little then re cut the belt this might help with the alignment. The accuracy of your armor is ultimately up to you the builder."

32883799940_728053fbca.jpg33110826262_863768b42e.jpg

Here's the reference photo:

gallery_12157_59_162657-crop.jpg

Sigh.  How did I miss this?!  I had read that I should cut in 10-12mm on the 45 degree angle.  The only thing that's correct about that is the 45 degree angle thing.  Dang it.  So while this won't prevent me from achieving Centurion, it will be a little thing that will bug me if I don't fix it.  I'll need to pop off the rivet covers and trim the belt in from the edges so that the angle ends at the belt edge.  Shouldn't be too difficult, actually.  I'm just annoyed that I missed this detail!!!  

Anyhow, I've now accomplished EIB, so I will celebrate before tackling the recommended improvements!  Onward to Centurion!

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 2

Wow, hey, I'm EIB #700!  Woo hoo!

In case anyone is still following along, here are the things that I need to improve on.  They shouldn't affect my Centurion application, but I am going to fix them anyhow because, well... why not?

helmet.jpg

I didn't document my helmet build really, so I haven't really had any feedback on it.  Above you can see where I need to paint further out in the tears and traps.  Easy fix.

Next, we have an ear.

ear.jpg

I never noticed the placement on it before.  While this isn't a major thing, you can see how it looks in a screen-accurate helmet.  

Ear%20L2.jpg

So I'll fix that, too.

My sniper knee is recommended to be trimmed a little to line up with the armor (along green line).   I'll take care of that one with a quick trim.

sn.jpg

Aaand the belt.  From my EIB review:  "Waist belt ammo belt corners should be aligned with the cloth belt edge. In your case we're not sure what can be done without damaging the ammo belt itself. If you can safely remove the mounting covers, move them back a little then re cut the belt this might help with the alignment. The accuracy of your armor is ultimately up to you the builder."

32883799940_728053fbca.jpg33110826262_863768b42e.jpg

Here's the reference photo:

gallery_12157_59_162657-crop.jpg

Sigh.  How did I miss this?!  I had read that I should cut in 10-12mm on the 45 degree angle.  The only thing that's correct about that is the 45 degree angle thing.  Dang it.  So while this won't prevent me from achieving Centurion, it will be a little thing that will bug me if I don't fix it.  I'll need to pop off the rivet covers and trim the belt in from the edges so that the angle ends at the belt edge.  Shouldn't be too difficult, actually.  I'm just annoyed that I missed this detail!!!  

Anyhow, I've now accomplished EIB, so I will celebrate before tackling the recommended improvements!  Onward to Centurion!

Wow - awesome news!  It's fitting that the 7th century is capped by someone who had to work so hard on their suit.  PM me your address, some special swag headed your way.  For sure we should put this in the next newsletter.

• Like 1

Wow - awesome news!  It's fitting that the 7th century is capped by someone who had to work so hard on their suit.  PM me your address, some special swag headed your way.  For sure we should put this in the next newsletter.

Oh, wow!  Thank you!!!!  :D  Sending PM right now.  

:cantinabandf:  :dancing-trooper:   :ewok:  :dancing-trooper::dance:  :cantinabandf:

In case anyone is still following along, here are the things that I need to improve on.  

sn.jpg

I sent some more pics over to ukswrath of my sniper knee, because I didn't understand how it needed to be trimmed.  Turns out that the knee is fine, no changes needed on that.  All other suggestions for corrections have been finished.  Just need to get pics of the fixed items, and Centurion here I come!

• Like 3

Thanks for all the congrats, troopers!  This is so awesome to be able to share it with y'all, because without YOU, my armor would still be in its uncut state in a box on the floor.

Oh, and speaking of the state of my armor, my submission for Centurion is here.  ;)

Congratulations Christine, or should I say TK10401 , your buil dthreda is an inspiration to all us smaller troopers an dlooking at the finished results, well it's perfect, look s like you have just walked off the set <br><br>

Awsome :)

• Like 1