Attaching D-Ring to Hyperfirm?

TheLoneRanger

I haven't done this before, Steve, but it looks pretty straightforward.  You will definitely need to drill a hole in the ring mount first, which needs to be about the same diameter as the ring itself.  Then you could cut a small slit in the bottom, push the ring up into place, and then hit it with a bit of CA (super) glue to seal it back.  I would recommend sanding down the ring lightly and hitting it with a coat or two of satin or flat black enamel spray paint before installing it, though.

• Like 1

For my HyperFirm D-ring installation, I drilled the hole as Joseph indicated above, then cut a small section of the D-Ring out. Use 2 pairs of pliers to bend the d-ring open (offset the two sides), which allows you to slide it into the new hole. Twist it back closed, and done. :)

For my HyperFirm D-ring installation, I drilled the hole as Joseph indicated above, then cut a small section of the D-Ring out. Use 2 pairs of pliers to bend the d-ring open (offset the two sides), which allows you to slide it into the new hole. Twist it back closed, and done. :)

I did this with mine. Mine was scratch built from a coat hanger though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this with mine. Mine was scratch built from a coat hanger though

Mine used $0.50 worth of lamp chain from Lowe's. :)  (actually, that $0.50 bought me a foot of chain, so I have enough left to do at least 8 more E11s, LOL)

• Like 1

Mine's actually a scrap that I picked up in the chain section of Home Depot! It was already cut open but it was perfect being cut a little off center. This allowed me to slide the longer end into the drilled out hole on my Hyperfirm, bend it back into shape then slide it back to center it, covering the cut, and paint it.

c17476089aef8f5275a2d174906fd57a.jpg

4168a10fbdafb888f87d570de35c0f08.jpg

684a0e8430278b91cc08ba2623c11fb9.jpg

Jim - TK50899

Edited by MoSc0ut
  • Like 2