[Help] Painting interior of the bucket; rookie mistakes were had

So, I decided to go for a sleek flat black look on the inside of MTK bucket, right? No prob, Bob! Just tape her on up and get to work, right?!

Well, everything was going smoothly and it looks slick.

UNTIL I realized some paint managed to sneak past the tape somehow and landed right on the face. Being that this is my first build, I'm trying my damnedest to be super careful, but of course when accidents arise I have a tendency to panic. So this guy over here panics, quickly recalls that nail polish is good remover for paints and other various stains, runs inside like a maniac, and proceeds to rub the infected area quickly and promptly.

Crisis averted, right? RIGHT?!

Well, if I had looked up on here prior to discover that acetone and ABS don't quite chemically bond well with each other, I wouldn't be posting now would I?

The area once splattered with paint has been cleaned effectively with nail polish remover but now the plastic feels worn and as though it was sanded. I'm afraid the gloss is likely to have been stripped as well. I suspect it won't be all that noticeable at the end of the day but I would certainly like to fix it, if possible. I was planning on using NOVUS polish to beautify my bucket once it was all assembled and I'm wondering if there is any chance that it will gloss up the now-acetone-worn spot? If not, is there anything that can be done?

Everyone has a story like this from their first build, amirite?