Black top dosent give to much...

Runnriottt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nath,

Ā 

I know you'll read all this with a smile! People really care here .. and with a reason, you're an awesome man and we wish you all a speedy recovery!

Ā 

Now, off to buy myself a bicycle helmet! :D

I know I feel that there are a group of freinds here. Even though most of us will never meet other than typing on a message board, I feel freinds here.

Ā 

Thank you all for your words, It does mean alot. My family has all been helping me, and I wont be taking the small things for granted anylonger. It is a blessing to be here every day you can.

Ā 

I have a goal, to be ready for CJ, Doc says I might be able to do that. I am setting smaller goals, not lofty ones...LOL...

Ā 

I still have my humor... I am typing better as well, so my classes wont suffer. I am really blessed to get to be here, among a great group of guys.

Ā 

Ill get back on the horse, (or Bike in this case...) soon, just more careful.

Ā 

You all will find jobs those who are looking, and positive things happen. Gotta stay positive, even when it hurts.

Ā 

Thank you my freinds here, It does mean alot!

Cripes Nathan, even though it was bad hit, I hate to think what more it could have been had a larger vehicle come along. Rest up brother, take it easy and you'll be back in action before long. Good to hear you're ok.

Ā 

Sounds like you could make a public service message video: Stormtroopers and Bicyclists - Always Wear Their Brain Bucket!

That's quite a list of injuries. I hope you're feeling better.

Speaking from experience, don't let the pain get ahead of you. Don't throttle back on the meds "to see if it still hurts." It will. And it'll be a bear to get ahead of the pain. (That's all the doctorly advice I have).

Ā 

Take care of yourself....

I am getting around better and its easier to sit in one spot as well. All the bandages came off today, and the Doc said I am well on my way to healing up. I still cant open my mouth all the way, so I dont talk much. They might have to rebuild my mouth corner a little with a skin graph. Still dont know.

Ā 

There is a reason I am still here. I am taking every day for what it is worth. Got my bike back to day as well. Only need to replace the top ring on the tripple. No other damage. I am amazed.

Ā 

Thank you everyone for the great thread. It helps to read words of kindness. The world isnt so unfreindly that way.

I am way better today. All the stiches came out, and I have a full good report from the Doc. He even said I am "healing like a mutant"

Ā 

That made my inner geek laugh a little.

Ā 

I am feeling good enough to start in again on the MRCE, I have a good cause to make this bad boy shine for.

Ā 

I am lucky to be here, and I want to be a part of something bigger than me for a change. I have had a pretty good change of heart. I also went back to church to thank the big guy. I need to be on a better level with him.

Ā 

Some of you might have noticed the name change. I am feeling like a new guy, and I do think it is time to move away from runnriottt.

Ā 

The biggest unsung hero in the last week has been my wife. Things are really good for us now.

Ā 

Thanks for all the kind works over the last week. I wish I could get you all a Budwiser.

Great news, glad you are healing with almost Woverine speed:) Did the mouth injury result in the loss of any unwanted pounds??? I always figure if I'm gonna have a bad illness or injury at least I could lose some unwanted weight.

Great news, glad you are healing with almost Woverine speed:) Did the mouth injury result in the loss of any unwanted pounds??? I always figure if I'm gonna have a bad illness or injury at least I could lose some unwanted weight.

Ā 

I lost about 10 pounds this last month from cycling, and about 1 this week from not eating like I had been...

Although most of my "Mouth" weight I lost is in the way I am with people. ;) I can sometimes be to harsh, and judging.

I have had alot of rethink time this week. Its going to stick.

Dude!!!! Well the best car Vs cyclist storys are the one were both are able to get up after the hit..... very happy to hear that u are better...

i supose u got a CATscan or Mir with the 10 min black out......

Ā 

Praying for u!!!!!

I thought I would share a couple of things...

Ā 

First off I wrote about my crash, and submitted it to my Writing class... I got a B... B)

Ā 

Thought you guys could read it if you wish... Here it is.

Ā 

I can still feel

By TK-9135

Ā 

I woke up today. I am breathing. I can feel the cool sheet under me. I still have a house, and my wife is just there next to me. From the time I wake up to the time I sleep, every thing is a blessing now. I know now that every day you need to live and let those that matter to you know how much they matter to you. Never take that for granted. A few days ago I did.

Ā 

I am a very active cyclist. I love the sport and have the desire to be a professional if time allows me. This hobby and past time has changed me physically, loosing weight and staying healthy is a great benefit. Can a Cycle change you spiritually? Mine has done just that.

Ā 

Two weeks ago now I left for my morning ride. There was a slight mist in the air on a crisp Wednesday morning. I strapped on my white half helmet, which matches my bike, as well as my white spandex jersey that makes me look like a biker. I love the look. A man is a man in spandex. There is honesty about it. Got a love handle, itā€™s for all to see. Today I will be working on that love handle problem. The only real decision on my mind was what sandwich to eat. I love a Japanese convenience store pre-made sandwich. The perfect morning wake up about mid ride. I said goodbye to the wife and clipped into the pedals for another great day.

Ā 

I need the ride. I have a soundtrack in my head to pedal to provided by a little wonder of technology called the ā€œShuffleā€. There isnā€™t much that cannot be thought out on a ride, a lot of soul searching and thinking to be done. This is my time. I have needed it lately; stress of a new life has been banging at me. I feel unsure in the decisions I have made as of late. Every frustration and pain can be pounded out of me on steep road here in Sasebo. I can abuse my body and shape it to be what I want. Its time to forget about the frustrations, at least that is the goal, but I always end up back to the same point. The next days ride would allow me to pound out more frustrations. That would change today.

Ā 

I turned right to the lazy hill that is close to the house. Not even into the first full song of the ride, I casually looked in the mirrors and then to the road. Japanese road mirrors are a wonderful thing. Like knowing the future, you can plan your attack on a hill. Although not in a big hurry this morning, Ill clip along like traffic speed. A nice S curve switch back, the hum of the brakes in my ears and a steep curving final turn and the bottom of the hill gets nearer.

Ā 

Then I see a white flash and a quick glimpse of a motorcycle on its side.

Ā 

Black nothing. Total silence.

Ā 

The next moments of my life will last forever in my mind. Like a computer rebooting, so much information to relay back to you in a short time, words will not describe the total confusion, fear, and the pain. Then the hope and relief that like a hammer hit me all at once. These are the moments that will define me for the rest of my days.

Ā 

ā€œOnamai waā€ ā€œGinki Des?ā€ ā€œDijobu?ā€

Everything sounds like a tunnel. I canā€™t make anything out. I am totally lost in time and place. I only see a van, and a man above me speaking at me. I can see red lights and I am sitting on a fence like barrier in the ground. Can I talk? Letā€™s tryā€¦ He doesnā€™t under stand. But I can speak. Wait, what is that he is holding, a black bagā€¦ Itā€™s my black bag.

Ā 

Like a bolt of lightning, I can remember who I am. I still donā€™t know where I am but I know who. I know all my information is in that bag, and my important information is on a bracelet I keep for emergencies. I point to it and show him. He understands and is quickly on the phone to someone. I know thatā€™s a phone. Things are getting clearer now, except there are more red lights and noise. It is so noisy. I am talking to a Lady now. More like a girl. She is sweet and speaking very slow to me. She has a uniform, and a helmet. I feel total trust in her. She understands me! I can make her out very well so I focus on her. ā€œAn accident, motorcycle, bicycle, over there I can follow. She points and I see it, 30 feet from us.

ā€œPlease get inside, it is time to go.ā€ The door on the van shuts and things are coming back to me very fast. As soon as he starts rolling, I know where I am. I am close to home. My wife! I have to call her! The medic tells me itā€™s already done and to calm down. The siren screams. Then everything starts to hurt. I preyed for the first time in years.

Ā 

I sit here now, typing this for my writing 101 class essay. I love every word, every keyboard stroke. I can hear the fan blowing behind me, the keys clicking and the light of the overcast sky reflecting off my screen. I can see my hands, bruised and cut, with the tell tale road scrapes of a crash. My knees are bent, but I can move them. They too have the wounds of a crash, healing as they should. My shoulder hurts a little, a sprain will do that, but feels good today compared to yesterday. My 50 stitches come out of my right cheek next week. I will look forward to eating with a full bite again, but food tastes so good. I am sure my look will not be altered, for the great job the Japanese doctorā€™s did to fix me back to me. My wife and kids off to the store, after they kiss me goodbye and tell me they love me. I tell them the same. I feel it. I want to live it now.

Ā 

I could have died on that hill. I have a purpose now, to live every breath and to love every moment. I will be looking to God more, listening to my heart and not taking the things we are given in life, good or bad, for granted. I am living with the knowledge that we are here to enjoy the things put before us. I am sure there are more things I can add to the physical view of why I am here today. The medics say my helmet saved my Life. It has the marks to show it. My sunglasses might have saved my sight. That moment will be lost to me forever; I have a 10 minute memory loss. I donā€™t remember. I do remember the feelings of love for my wife and kids. That is what I will be taking from this.

I am here to love. I am here to give. I am here to feel.

While a gentle breeze blows through my windowā€¦

Ā 

I made a crude pic of the only memory I have of it. It should give a pretty good example of how small the roads are here.

Memory.jpg

Ā 

The most important peice of gear I own. I might support helmet laws now... LOL... It dosent look all that bad, but the camera dosent pick up all the cracks and blood left on it. Doc says I owe my life to this helmet...

Ā 

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

Ā 

I am back to wearing my full face, even around the block.

Ā 

Ā 

I feel I am blessed to be here. I am almost back to full speed. I ride for the first time next week. I cant wait. I am very happy to have freinds here, Thanks guys.

Wow man. You know I have thought about buying a motorcycle many times. I have considered riding a bike as well to save on gas and get healthy. Seeing your story and your pics , I think I will just stay home :)

Ā 

I liked reading your story. I hope you are doing much better now that you've had time to heal a bit. Be careful on those roads man.

Ā 

Mike