Looking for a kids size TFA bucket kit

lemonhead

The 501st made my son a set of armor and presented it to him this weekend (photo below). He has Stage 4 Ewings Sarcoma. Ken Jones did a fantastic job with the armor and worked tirelessly for weeks on it. He made the helmet from a piggy bank and we hoped it would fit. My sone LOVES the armor and called the 501st "My People!". Gotta love it! The helmet, however is too small, so I'm looking for a kids sized bucket kit for him to complete his gear.

Please let me know if you know of a reputable resource to get him an accurate helmet.

Thanks, everyone.

post-29410-0-50921900-1470055946_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The Rubies child's 2-piece helmet is bigger than the piggy bank head.  The Rubies lid will need a little work to make it more 'accurate', but it is definitely larger.  I found mine on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-Stormtrooper-2-Piece/dp/B00TU53GO8/

The Rubies kid's lid is on the left, the bank on the right.

28619279371_f93a21e532_b.jpg

Your son looks amazing!  Sending positive energy to him.  What a brave trooper!  He rocks!

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 1

Was reading the reviews on Amazon and it's very mixed, especially about the quality and the connection between the two halves. Can you post some more pics of the joint between the halves. I see that the lines aren't very crisp and will need work, along with replacing the mesh and the lenses - that's not a problem.

Some people were saying it's thin and fragile. Is it thinner than other vacuum-formed pieces in your experience? I'll be plastidipping the inside to shore it up, just getting an idea for what to expect.

At $25 and free shipping with Prime, I don't see any real downside.

The plastic is definitely thicker than my ATA and RS helmets.  Here is a cutaway view.  The RS is on the left, the kid's lid is on the right.

28699041135_3a289eb0fd_b.jpg

And it's very flexible, not brittle or prone to cracking.  I'm squeezing it pretty good here:

28699053915_c749047c20.jpg

28592972832_7ba0d3c1a9.jpg28414565650_ffab156d00.jpg

28081886664_8d7ef71b84.jpg28699181325_4fbaedf4c4.jpg

28666867596_f24b92bdcb.jpg28621290601_4e251e809f.jpg28082018154_10c4de78f5.jpg

If you remove the velcro (using mesh and some sort of bondo to attach the halves permanently), the halves should sit together better.  Hope these pics help!  

I also used the Rubies 2-pc kids TFA helmet and just modded it to my liking.  Like Cricket, I removed the velcro so the two pieces could fit together better.  I then used small screws/nuts to attach the two pieces together.  I used an extra piece of dark green visor lenses/sheet from my TK build for the eyes.  And, I repainted all the black areas on the mask.  I sprayed white primer on the interior of the mask to make it less translucent and more opaque.

Edited by hon143