Modifying or not the exterior of the Anovos helmet

I recently purchased the Anovos ANH stormtrooper helmet.I have seen that many people modify it.I plan on modifying the interior, ading Plasti-dip and cheesecloth, fixing the lenses in a better position, cleaning the edges of the "eyes", and cleaning a little bit the frown paint.

Does this helmet need any modifications to be centurion aproovable ?I have read the CRL and it seems not, but other people are modifying the exterior also, like changing the screws and adjusting the ear parts.

At Centurion were requesting the correct ear screws be installed, some of the excess eye return edge be removed, the hovi tip mesh be changed out for the correct type, tube stripes be approximately a pencil width away from the face, no over spray on the frown teeth, and as mentioned the frown be extended.  

• Like 1

I used this paint. It matches the Anovos paint, so all you need to paint is the ends of the frown. :)

Edit: Haha, might need to post the link..

https://www.amazon.com/Testors-11TT-1163-Enamel-0-25-Ounce-Battle/dp/B0069FYOAW/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1469647167&sr=8-13&keywords=testors+gray

Edited by T K

I used this paint. It matches the Anovos paint, so all you need to paint is the ends of the frown. :)

Edit: Haha, might need to post the link..

https://www.amazon.com/Testors-11TT-1163-Enamel-0-25-Ounce-Battle/dp/B0069FYOAW/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1469647167&sr=8-13&keywords=testors+gray

IMO, if you're going to go through the trouble, may as well just repaint the whole frown with the correct shade of gray (Testors 1138... yes, really! LOL (or Humbrol #5)) and add the corners at that point. It's really easy to wipe it off and repaint it, and I suck at painting.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

IMO, if you're going to go through the trouble, may as well just repaint the whole frown with the correct shade of gray (Testors 1138... yes, really! LOL (or Humbrol #5)) and add the corners at that point. It's really easy to wipe it off and repaint it, and I suck at painting.

Good point, except for the painting skills which I have no opinion   :D   

• Like 1

How can I change the mesh?

There's another tutorial (a bit more detailed) replacing the screens, somewhere in the ANH stunt section I believe, if your interested.

I believe this is the tutorial Tony is referring to:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36456-anovos-hovi-mic-tip-mod/

I recommend a Chapstick tube for forming/shaping the replacement mesh. Perfect size. No need to tape up a battery like Chris did. Apparently they don't have Chapstick in Wales? LOL

Edited by kman

I believe this is the tutorial Tony is referring to:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36456-anovos-hovi-mic-tip-mod/

I recommend a Chapstick tube for forming/shaping the replacement mesh. Perfect size. No need to tape up a battery like Chris did. Apparently they don't have Chapstick in Wales? LOL

Yes, thank you Kalani. THT  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

with the correct shade of gray (Testors 1138... yes, really! LOL)

You're kidding me... who's the wise guy over at the Testors factory?  :lol:

• Like 1