RS props vs TM armour with Anovos helmet HELP!

Romania is in the EU, if I understand correctly, the goods will be taxed at source for other EU countries. That means TM and RS will be taxed in the UK and no further tax due in Romania. All until Brexit but that's a different issues entirely.

Anovos will come from the US, and be charged tax upon receipt. In the UK this is 20% VAT + 6% ish duty + fees based on the sales + shipping value. You say Romania is 20% sales tax plus customs charges, so close enough.

All the above said, Anovos is probably cheaper than TM or RS, even after the taxes are accounted for as those are premium products and whilst I don't know exactly I have heard rough numbers. There are also other manufacturers of course that may or may not affect the maths here.

AV, TM and RS are all good armours. Each has their own pros and cons but the reality is line a 3 of you up in a row and you'll struggle to tell which is which in a photo.

The shiping is 150usd and the custom fee in Romania is 30% from the price of the product, and that brings the anovos armour at about the same price as the others, which are more screen acurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then sell the above helmet and buy a more accurate kit?

You all had different points but it si not that simple

1. I would like to sell the helmet, but in Romania it is pretty hard to sell it because, not many people know about the 501st and the stormtrooper armour, and think it is a silly costume for kids.As you can see there is only one person in the 501st from Romania.

2.Every product that arrives from the UK or the USA is submitted to VAT tax, wich is exactly 19% from the original price

3. Then there is the shipping:150USD

4. The there is the custom tax, wich aplies only if the product is above 150euro

5.The custom tax is different on different types of products, and the "custom man" decides how much you pay, based on the product, he can charge from 5% to 35%.IT IS A MAJOR RISK!!!If it is 5% it is ok, but if it is 30% then it's a problem, because the "custom man" decides how much you pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AV, TM and RS are all good armours. Each has their own pros and cons but the reality is line a 3 of you up in a row and you'll struggle to tell which is which in a photo.

Hmmmmm, now I'd be up for that "Taste-Test-Challenge" matey B)

Please tell you have a Caribbean holiday with Salma Hayek up for grabs as first prize 'coz I'll start packing my bags right now.

:)

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, now I'd be up for that "Taste-Test-Challenge" matey B)

Please tell you have a Caribbean holiday with Salma Hayek up for grabs as first prize 'coz I'll start packing my bags right now.

:)

You don't count. You could spot a TM form an RS at a mile on a foggy day. I mean normal people!
  • Like 2

Quote - "2.Every product that arrives from the UK or the USA is submitted to VAT tax, wich is exactly 19% from the original price"

Maninthesuitcase is correct, Romania is part of the EU for free trade of goods [ie no import duty and you pay the vat of the Country selling the goods].

You shouldn't pay anymore VAT, you pay what the UK price is with our UK rate of 20% included in the price they have on their website.

Edited by bells0

This is an expensive hobby, and you are only buying one suit, not obsessively collecting all 9, so yes it will cost you, but buy what you want and you will never regret it ..... nickel diming for a few hundred bucks only factors in if you want to resell at a profit....

Edited by trooper18938

• 1 month later...

Hello,

After much research my options of stormtrooper armor are TM and RS props, because I live in Europe and I have to pay custom fees etc.Since I have already purchased the Anovos helmet I don't want another helmet.I was told that the RS armour in PVC is very similar to the colour of the Anovos helmet, but I don't know how is the TM armour in comparission to the Anovos helmet, because he has 2 options 1,5 and 2,5 wich is acrylic caped.I don't know what to choose.PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hi friend!  I have both an RS and an Anovos TK. I have worn the Anovos helmet with the RS armor and it matches fine. I have the ABS version of both. My RS helmet is my precious, so I use the Anovos helmet on troops that expose it to more harsh conditions. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the TM 1.5mm abs armour and have seen Anvos armour up close to compare. The TM is more off white. If you go TM get the 2mm white capped acrylic version it will match. Its thickness is bullet proof too!