Sniper Knee Attachment Question

So, I meticulously fitted the fronts of my shins so the cover strip was sat right on the edge of the ridge the whole length of the shin. Then, when I went to affix the sniper knee it became clear as to why the top part of the front ridge had been so wide.. so I pulled it apart and reglued with a slight flare at the top to better match the knee plate which seems entirely screen accurate as I see that some of the reference photos in the FISD galleries look like the costumers did that exact same thing. ;) 

So, moving on, the knee does not sit perfectly against the shin and there is an air gap along the bottom center even though the top is touching. Is this normal? I'd like it to sit perfectly against the shin but it doesn't really look like that's possible. Do I need to keep working with it?

NkKB5lb.jpg
1gNMu2J.jpg

Do you not work from the middle out? I mean, get the bottom lined up and flush in the middle, then line up the sides?

Don't take this for gospel, I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in

Do you not work from the middle out? I mean, get the bottom lined up and flush in the middle, then line up the sides?

Don't take this for gospel, I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in

Well, I guess that's part of the question. If I make the bottom middle touch, there are still air gaps on the side of the cover strip. 

The photos show the way the knee wants to naturally sit against the shin.

At the bottom of the sniper plate? They're only going to be slight gaps either side though, no? Can you post a pic of it married up from the bottom, or have you glued it already?

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the second photo by the OP it looks like the sniper plate is angled up? My understanding is that it should be mounted level with the ground, so the "wings" to the sides are straight across when the leg is vertical. It meets up with the shin armor top ridges only at the edges, where it continues the line, visually, at a steeper angle.

Like this:

20160303173530-32e30b01-me.jpg

On 7/22/2016 at 5:31 AM, kman said:

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the second photo by the OP it looks like the sniper plate is angled up? My understanding is that it should be mounted level with the ground, so the "wings" to the sides are straight across when the leg is vertical. It meets up with the shin armor top ridges only at the edges, where it continues the line, visually, at a steeper angle.

Like this:

That's very helpful also. I was thinking the profiles on the upper edge needed to closely match but I see what you're saying here.

• Like 2

They are supposed to match. The angle of the sniper knee must match angle of shin. Those screen shots are from one beat up shin. I imagine it shifted from excessive use.

They are supposed to match. The angle of the sniper knee must match angle of shin. Those screen shots are from one beat up shin. I imagine it shifted from excessive use.

Please reference Ukswrath's build thread. Here is his photo which I believe you will note looks just like mine:

IMG_6460b.jpg

See: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-31#entry470387

On 7/22/2016 at 3:04 PM, troopermaster said:

You want to focus on the yellow lines only.

Noted. After fitting it again, I see how it will work. There're still small gaps to either side of the cover strip but I guess that it how it is.

• Like 1