Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark CMF

52 minutes ago, DarthBiscuit said:

Sorry about that, Tapatalk kept giving errors.

It's the forum at the moment, been glitchy the last few days around this time, deleted extra posts ;) 

• Like 1

What happened to the Rogue One E-11 images I was asked to work on and contribute to the CRL? I see the requirements I wrote up are still there but what happened to the the pictures?

E17A4B07-A77D-499B-AFF7-672F9D691601.jpeg

Also here’s a link to the image I made;  https://imgur.com/WvQ0NQ4

Edited by SlyFox740

Hi Henry,  your above are already the current images in use in the CRL, was there anything extra??

3 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Hi Henry, are these on invisible background? If so  i can easily add them in.

They are on a blank white background, but I can easily put them on a transparent background if that’s required? But it will have to be a .PNG or .TIFF file format for that.

Just now, SlyFox740 said:

They are on a blank white background, but I can easily put them on a transparent background if that’s required? But it will have to be a .PNG or .TIFF file format for that.

Sorry edited my above after I checked the CRL and we are already using your images.

30 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Hi Henry,  your above are already the current images in use in the CRL, was there anything extra??

Hmm, that’s very strange. The image is not showing up with Safari on the iPhone. I will try to update my phone and see if that fixes it.

D0E204D0-6469-4AF6-A0D9-2F29002A0206.png

Dan thanks for pointing out the left/right discrepancy for the TD. When I wrote it I don’t know if I was wording it as you would look at the TD or as worn (because as worn, the “D” is on the left and the greeble is on the right). In any case, once someone looks at the picture of the TD they should be able to figure it out.

As for the abdomen detail being a different shade of blue or black. I disagree and I believe the image you posted looks darker due to the lighting and the painted area is recessed. In this image (previously posted in the OT vs ROTK comparison thread), it does appear to be darker but again, I believe its due to the painted part being recessed and the lighting. It still looks very blue to me.

OaxlmXr.jpg

Further, if it is blue why would they use a different blue than the two blue button greebles? I think we came to an accord on the abdomen colors being Admiral Grey and French Blue. I cannot see LFL using a different blue for the rectangle blue but I do not have any definitive proof. I would prefer the CRL to stand as it was with the rectangle being blue. Just my feeling on this.

On a different note

****This does not require any type of CRL change or rewording***

I just wanted to add this to the discussion so that it did not “later” become an issue. The strapping for the thigh armor, we specified:

Thigh armor is suspended by a black strap approximately 1” 25mm in width with a plastic side release buckle that is covered by black webbing or elastic that runs down the side seam of the leg.

In these image you can see the strapping and the elastic cover over the side release buckle.

vI8aUHT.jpg

yICU4C9.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Not showing on Google mobile but showing on Google desktop so must be a mobile issue 

Agreed, definitely weird how that image alone is not displaying on mobile? It’s definitely something wrong with the Rogue One Stromtrooper CRL html code because the image displays fine for all the other CRLs that it’s used for?; https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_R1_Jedha_Sandtrooper

So something went wrong with this CRL In particular somewhere along the line?..  

Edited by SlyFox740

18 hours ago, Sly11 said:

I did check from a desk top using Firefox and can see them.

image.png

Try it on a mobile device, and look at all the other CRLs that use my image; https://databank.501st.com/databank/File:TK_rogue_one_e11.jpg 
You’ll notice this CRL is the only one that doesn’t work?...

D0E204D0-6469-4AF6-A0D9-2F29002A0206.thumb.png.a4893b43efeeda1061ed1a1577710ac6.png

Edited by SlyFox740

None of the other CRL's have that weird font "Note, the E-11 holster etc etc" I'm wondering if that font code has anything to do with it

I added the additional font for the holster explanation but changing it I cant see how it would effect anything as it is an option in the wiki doc itself. Font, colour, bold, underscore etc.

The images reside in a different section which you dont access from the text section. In fact the image section is easy to access. I already checked it out and it has been there for quite some time. Whoever added it did it back when it was created. I only added the additional accessories. It is visible on the old copy of the CRL as well.

I thought it may have been a format issue and the text may have pushed the image out. Perhaps LMO's or LWM's need to have a look at it.

The description part of the E11 and it's image are a shared template, one which cant be access via wiki due to it being part of a template not an edit field of the CRL across other costumes.

We can do some research or fact finding with this to see if the Blaster image is visible or not, on those other CRL's it is shared with (On a phone) as that looks to be the only issue.

These are the other costumes that section is shared with.

Note. the additional text I added is in the wiki edit section and not in the template I have mentioned above.

I have looked at the Wiki doc to examine spaces in case something was missing causing the E11 Blaster text to sit further left than the other items in the accessories list but it all looks identical from the doc stand point. I am at a loss as i have also removed the Holster info and re checked but nothing moved.

19 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I have looked at the Wiki doc to examine spaces in case something was missing causing the E11 Blaster text to sit further left than the other items in the accessories list but it all looks identical from the doc stand point. I am at a loss as i have also removed the Holster info and re checked but nothing moved.

Yea even the text formatting is all messed up for the E-11 section on this CRL, I’m guessing that definitely has something to do with it too.

None of the others CRLs are like that, just this one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SlyFox740 said:

Yea even the text formatting is all messed up for the E-11 section on this CRL, I’m guessing that definitely has something to do with it too.

None of the others CRLs are like that, just this one.

Thanks Henry, could you please take a screenshot of what you see on the phone ( if anything changes)and add it in here so I can see what you are seeing.

What I am currently attempting.

I'm replacing the entire E-11 section. Ive just docked it from the CRL and am re typing it all to see what changes.

I'm going to also take Glens suggestion of removing the Holster info and making it part of the CRL rather than separate text as I can not see anything else that would change how the CRL looks. It was an addition so it does make sense to manipulate that part. Should have the adjustment complete shortly so stand by. I'll save it so it updates immediately.

Update one. Font type didn't change anything. Changing the code around the words made a minor change but moved other lines .

Wow, I’ve completely re done it to be identical, removed the statement about the holster and integrated it into the CRL as a bullet point so perhaps it will take time to update live.
I viewed a copy as a preview before I saved it and it was looking all in alignment and with the blaster image larger and the same as one of the other CRL’s.
We lol go back in and check again.

Checked from the wiki end and my changes are still there. The CRL looks as it should from there so perhaps it's waiting for an approval  to be released as an updated document.

Ive messaged the LMO's and asked when that might happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk