Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark CMF

Hard to spot/build items should always start at L3.  We have so few R1s as it is, so don't want to discourage any new troopers with overly stringent requirements at L1.

On 3/30/2018 at 3:51 PM, Parquette said:

Do we want to add the 2 tabs on the kidney plate bottom that's supposed to go underneath the belt as level 2 or 3?

Are we talking about these?

Capture10.JPG.01cd92ccdda70ee561912af5e240b2192.JPG.5fbf69dff8e19c82ec65b6664ef5eb2c.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Capture10.JPG.01cd92ccdda70ee561912af5e240b2192.JPG.5fbf69dff8e19c82ec65b6664ef5eb2c.JPG

No... I think Parquette is talking about the 2 tabs under the back plate? behind the thermal detonator in the picture.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukswrath said:

I had interpreted it as the black parts you've called out are gaps, the 'tab' would be the white part inbetween (and another on the right side)?

The black could just as easily be a piece of strapping that's either loose or supposed to be there.

As far as the back plate, if the bottom is supposed to be covered by the belt and those tabs never seen, I guess they could be an option, but I don't know how relevant they are.

Edited by Big Deal

4 minutes ago, Big Deal said:

The black could just as easily be a piece of strapping that's either loose or supposed to be there.

As far as the back plate, if the bottom is supposed to be covered by the belt and those tabs never seen, I guess they could be an option, but I don't know how relevant they are.

If it's typically unseen we usually wouldn't mention it. If we did then everyone would be required to show it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have been doing my research for building my ROTK and I have a few questions regarding L3 CRLs.

First, for the undersuit

The armpit area shall have the correct hexogonal mesh detail. Can someone point me to the source of this? A picture or whatever. I have ordered Jim’s undersuit and I need to understand what I will need to do to modify it for L3.

Next, the Belt

The ammo boxes across the front are all made separately from the main belt and are secured to it.

The ammo boxes on the very left and right of the belt are more square instead of rectangular like the center ammo boxes, and the 2nd to last ammo box is a more fat rectangular shape versus the regular rectangular shape of the center boxes.

Again, can someone point me towards the source for these? I have ordered Jim’s armor and I need to understand what I will need to modify. All the pictures I have found seem to show that the ammo boxes are all one piece with the belt.

I have also ordered Jim’s helmet and the only issue I think I may have is the number of ear bumps. It looks like his has 5 and the CRL says “Ear bars have four bumps only”.

I assume everything else (as long as constructed correctly) will pass L3? If there are other known mods that I will need to do please let me know. Obviously, I will be seeking L1 approval but if I can achieve L3, I want to pursue it.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

•  

So after all the Mimban troopers and Mud troopers we finally have an image of a TK from the Solo movie.

Looks like it is exactly the same as Rogue One, which makes sense.

If that does prove to be the case should the Rogue One TK crl be renamed to something not specific to one movie?

FB_IMG_1524199239377.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Tried adjusting brightness, still hard to make out full details

cTAdbh3.jpg

Is that like the baton tonfa used by jyn erso? the baton shown in the picture has a silver lining like jyn's baton?

Looks like the ASP baton in the nylon holster like previously mentioned to me.

45615b841cc793549858ef1a67c0d930.jpg
Like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hard to tell, most references are very dark and on some angles the shaft look square, others it looks round.

You could presume it would look like Jyn's but of course we have seen a lot of different weapons in the Star Wars universe so who knows, would not be unbelievable for them to be different too.

IMHO its an ASP baton or a knock-off. As for the baton being round or square, I would think that engineering a telescoping square baton would be difficult and why bother when there is already a reliable and effective telescoping round baton (The ASP) available in a variety of sizes and colors. As with so many other props for Rogue One, the prop masters have opted for already existing items rather than making most stuff from scratch. I am confident that the TK's in Rogue One used the ASP baton or a knock off of it. Jyn's telescoping tonfa is a different matter entirely, possibly based on this:

https://www.karatemart.com/collapsible-nightstick

Just my 2cents

•  
  • Like 1

OK, so for the CRL, is the wording still what you want, or if you want something else, just post what it should be.  What I'd like to see is just something "good enough" at L1, and we can put in more exact details at L2/L3.

Daetrin, the wording looks fine to me. I think anyone should easily be able to locate and add the baton to their kit if they choose to do so. I was only attempting to shed some light on the actual type and make of the baton or its origin and not question the CRLs. BTW, the baton when collapsed has a a thin black foam on the grip. ASP friction lock batons come in three sizes when extended 16", 21" and 26" and the collapsed lengths are 6.20", 7.70", and 9.50" respectively. Here is a link for more information https://www.asp-usa.com/collections/friction-loc. I should also note that I can only assume that the "actual used prop" is an ASP or knock off of it. There is no evidence to the actual manufacturer. Regardless, the CRLs look good to me.

One other thing, are you planning on adding the T-21 to the approved CRL list of weapons?

Edited by 11b30b4

Like any CRL there needs to be evidence/proof of a particular item not just assumption, in the case of the RO baton there are only very dark images so it does make it difficult to give exact information in the CRL, general info on it's appearance for L1 and when/if more references become available they could be added to L2 and L3.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Darthcue, I have not seen a good picture of the holster so I am unsure what exactly the holster looks like; however, a simple google search for ASP baton holster should provide quite a large selection to choose from. Unless they made the holsters for Rogue One exclusively for the movie, I would think that the holster was an off the shelf purchase just like the ASP baton. and the M300 flashlights on all the guns.

• Like 1