Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark CMF

On 03/03/2018 at 12:17 AM, SlyFox740 said:

I don’t see why fabric or something thin like blue painters tape(which we believe may have been used on screen) couldn’t be used? At least for basic approval until we can find more information.

I agree that fabric would work great for fans and it would be really nice to utilize the tube stripes for what they were initially intended to look like; vents.
And blue painters tape would work great for sound system speakers.

Actually I’m wondering if the same thing can’t be done for the Tears and Traps with black fabric, allowing actual vents in the dome and face. Imagine heat and condensation actually escaping a stormtrooper bucket, that’s now a potential possibility with the new Rogue One design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anything come of this for the Tears and Traps? Because this would be amazing. 

Rogue One Stormtrooper Reference CE 2016

When zoomed in it looks like there might be a piece underneath the verticle stripes but i might just be seeing things.

The screen used vertical black lines in the Tears and Traps are very clearly recessed. So as long as the bottom of those recesses are black in color I don't see why fabric wouldn't be allowed, at least for basic approval if not higher.

• Like 4

Hey guys - I think I got most of the updates in.  Please check out the CRL here https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one and let me know.  For changes you desire, the fastest way to get action is to post your request like this:

Item

Current Text: 

Should be Text: 

If you just want to ask questions & discuss, that's fine too. :)

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Hey guys - I think I got most of the updates in.  Please check out the CRL here https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one and let me know.  For changes you desire, the fastest way to get action is to post your request like this:

Item

Current Text: 

Should be Text: 

If you just want to ask questions & discuss, that's fine too. :)

I though we already did this :blink:

Edit: I don't see and Ab/Kidney wordage changes, AM references should be removed, etc.

You did, but it's early morning and as you know there has been some...distractions of late. It's *highly likely* I missed something trying to go through it all in the wee hours of the morning on my first cup of joe.  So, my ask is that if there is something I missed, a kindly reminder is appreciated :)

34 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

You did, but it's early morning and as you know there has been some...distractions of late. It's *highly likely* I missed something trying to go through it all in the wee hours of the morning on my first cup of joe.  So, my ask is that if there is something I missed, a kindly reminder is appreciated :)

No worries, completely understand wasn't sure if I was missing something. I post up a bit later, working on honey do lists lol

9 hours ago, Parquette said:

Yes, but outside of R1 all TK's have them generically (outside of Rebels), so it's a canon thing. 

But this is the crl for a *Rogue One TK*  not a generic TK.

If you don't see it on screen it shouldn't be in the crl that is the "canon thing"

• Like 3

So in regards to the strapping conversation, I just stumbled across this pic on the internet. Look at the backarmor behind the shoulder bell.

Yup, there's a strap and buckle sticking out from the abdomen. Fascinating. Ukswrath, what are your thoughts? It looks to me like in the back they did the criss-cross pattern with the overalls, and that it starts at the top of the sides. 

See the source image

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Parquette said:

So in regards to the strapping conversation, I just stumbled across this pic on the internet. Look at the backarmor behind the shoulder bell.

Yup, there's a strap and buckle sticking out from the abdomen. Fascinating. Ukswrath, what are your thoughts? It looks to me like in the back they did the criss-cross pattern with the overalls, and that it starts at the top of the sides. 

Are you referring to the thigh supports? I don't see what you're referring to in your photo sorry.

A few pages back on this thread the option of weathering was bought up since every TK on screen is weathered to some degree, even those not wearing packs.

Is this an option that needs to be formalised in the crl  (as is the case with shoretroopers or tankers) or something more unofficial and at your GML's discretion? 

There was talk somewhere. I think the exact wording is the concern. I guess weathering can be pretty literal and the text has to be able to limit what is acceptable.

I do like the little bit of "weathering" on the Rogue One TK. It almost looked like they had walked through soot and then gotten rained on. It was just a little streaky charcoalish smudging that helped highlight some of the armours details.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 5:32 PM, SlyFox740 said:

I've been looking for a good image to line up the belt boxes and I saw this:1_P4pGOBCLSvUnfR3c9SUzIA.0.jpeg

It sort of looks like a buckle or overlay on the black strapping between the chest and back.

It's hard to tell if it's in the pick below - could just be shadows or wrinkles.

On 2/27/2017 at 5:32 PM, SlyFox740 said:

1UIkIVS.jpg

And I don't see it below. Maybe it was a "Pre-Movie" thing just for some promotional shots?

On 7/14/2017 at 5:18 PM, cjkirk11 said:

chirrut-jedha-stormtroopers.jpg

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Dragon_a said:

The holster (under optional) should be removed, no Rogue One TKs had them.

Removed.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, Parquette said:

The baton is still the wrong image and still the wrong description :( There's no rectangular area, and is very likely a regular riot baton. 

Hey Reese - I'm tight for time and need your help.  Can you please write it up and post the *exact* text you think should be on the CRL?

Will do! Sorry, I've been incredibly lazy xD

For Basic approval: 

-Is made up of 3 sections that extend outward when in use. When not in use, it appears as 1 cylinder.

-Is black.

-Hangs off of the left rear belt of the TK, on a black piece that acts as a holster. It will be attached at 2 points on the holster: one at the top, and one at the bottom. This avoids the baton swinging.

-The holster can be made from any of the following: Leather, rubber, or leather-like material. 

Unfortunately there just isn't much to base the info off of. Only 2 shots in the film, and the batons in Battlefront 2 that we can assume comes from the same thing. Below is the pic I feel best represents the Battlefront 2 model, that can be used as the CRL pic unless better reference comes out in the future. 

See the source image

Oddly enough, in Battlefront 2 on Gamers Little Playground Cutscenes video (updated), in the intro Iden Versio knocks out a rebel with one she pulls out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Parquette said:

Will do! Sorry, I've been incredibly lazy xD

For Basic approval: 

-Is made up of 3 sections that extend outward when in use. When not in use, it appears as 1 cylinder.

-Is black.

-Hangs off of the left rear belt of the TK, on a black piece that acts as a holster. It will be attached at 2 points on the holster: one at the top, and one at the bottom. This avoids the baton swinging.

-The holster can be made from any of the following: Leather, rubber, or leather-like material. 

Unfortunately there just isn't much to base the info off of. Only 2 shots in the film, and the batons in Battlefront 2 that we can assume comes from the same thing. Below is the pic I feel best represents the Battlefront 2 model, that can be used as the CRL pic unless better reference comes out in the future. 

See the source image

Oddly enough, in Battlefront 2 on Gamers Little Playground Cutscenes video (updated), in the intro Iden Versio knocks out a rebel with one she pulls out of nowhere. 

Updated.  We really need something of the holster though.  FWIW, I had to tweak the wording a bit.

• Like 2