Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark CMF

Just now, Daetrin said:

Yeah, we can put it in L3 first.  Feel free to put this in the March CRL update thread and put in some photo support and we'll go from there!

For both armors?

8 hours ago, zeddy said:

Sort of. There are a couple of photos ive see  that it looks like there is a black belt that goes under the cod and belt boxes, some shoulder bells that are connected to snaps on a dark material. There also appears to be some sort of connection between the thighs and the belt. I was just wondering if this would be included in the crl or if this is up to us when we are putting our armour together. There are so many tutorials on how to put together the OT ABS armour, but not much has been done on instructions on how to strap this new armour up as its so different.

Zoe do you have some photos of the areas you're referring to?

As for the strapping have a look at this. It was quite funny when I first debuted it to the community. I wasn't aware if armor outside the FOTK used it also until you mentioned the R1TK buckles.

Torso: suspension system
Torso: suspension system details
Torso: suspension system details pt 2
Torso: suspension system details pt 3
Torso: suspension system details part 4 

Does anyone have pics of the buckles on the R1TK's that would be even similar to the FOTK's? Specifically the thigh areas. From what I've seen, I haven't seen a buckle stick out of the R1TK thigh/pelvis area. 

Also in regards to the "hump" on the eye I noticed, that is very reminesent of the OTTK's, below is a diagram I drew of outlines of the eye shapes themselves.

Here's the original pic.

costumes_of_rogue_one____stormtrooper_21_by_topgunsga-dabuv3u.jpg

Below is the edited pic outlining the eye shape.  Notice I flipped the image backwards to create a mirror effect, because in my experience asymmetry is better viewed in a backwards reflection.

No automatic alt text available.

Below is the correct diagram. The true eye with the slight hump at the bottom is the left one in the pic.

Here are some other examples, showing the "convexed" shape of the eye to prove there's a hump. Not only does it rise, it also protudes.

Compared to the OTTK's.

See the source image

I'm more incline to say that it's similar to the ROTJ below. Very subtle, but existent none the less.

See the source image

See the source image

Notice the ROTJ has a similar level of curvature to the shape of the eye, though it doesn't really protrude into a convex shape. 

My stance is that the hump on the eye should be for Level 3. While it is super subtle, I've learned that it's what gives the helmet it's character. The Black Series just looks...... wrong. Granted the Hot Toys looks great without it, but something is lacking. Even at certain angles it looks like the Black Series eye when looking upward at it. 

Edited by Parquette
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ukswrath said:

As for the strapping have a look at this. It was quite funny when I first debuted it to the community. I wasn't aware if armor outside the FOTK used it also until you mentioned the R1TK buckles.

I have added some images taken from promo shots and from the maninthesuitcase flickr stream.

Rogue One Stormtrooper Reference CE 2016

https://imgur.com/a/3OLRI

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukswrath said:

The suspension system looks great. Fun enough i was actually already going through that build thread. 

8 hours ago, zeddy said:

If you zoom in on the one on the front its very noticeable

01-1-1024x683.jpg

7 hours ago, zeddy said:

The suspension system looks great. Fun enough i was actually already going through that build thread. 

I'll get a close up

I'm trying to keep track of updates here:

For best results when requesting a CRL text update, it's best to state it as:

Part

Current Text

Proposed Text

Then it's trivial for me to simply approve & copy/paste

Also, we'll need cropped photos to support some of these details as well, as they can go in a pinned HOWTO thread.

Sorry Paul I think we were just trying to establish the the fact the armor indeed uses this type of system. I'll be posting photos to the CRL update thread

If the clips holding the thigh armour up is approved is that likely to be basic or level 2/3?

On the “eye bump” personally I’m still not clear what I’m looking at, even with all those images above, maybe it’s just me.  However, even if it is, the OT TKs (on whom the bump is clearly visible) don’t have that detail in the crl, even for Centurion so why would we add it for this costume when it’s even harder to see?

Apologies. The part of the eye you're supposed to be looking at is the bottom. Specifically on the left eye that is outlined in the photos above. The biggest indication for this is the outline on the Black Series pic, it's only on the left eye. 

I would say wait for the helmets to get out there first before making it a L2/3 requirement.

6 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

If the clips holding the thigh armour up is approved is that likely to be basic or level 2/3?

I’d guess L3, we’ll see soon enough. Shouldn’t be basic.

• Like 2

Yup, it would *maybe* start out at L3 only when we see it being avail on helmets.  FWIW, we don't require the swoop on OT helmets, when it is clearly there, or say the OT helmet has to be symmetrical.  Honestly, the best way to get the change is to ask Jimmi - the only maker for this bucket really - to add it in.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tk-436888 said:

Am I the only one out there that thinks R1 tk armor is 100% better than OT armor?

Probably lol. Looking at screen shoots it the sloppiest looking armor to date IMO . I like the details of the armor but it's just a mess :laugh1: