Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark PWF

17 hours ago, Morgul702 said:

Do we know whats up with the weird hook on the bicep piece just under the shoulder bell. Its even on the Hot Toy TKs

costumes_of_rogue_one____stormtrooper_23

Costumes of Rogue One: - Stormtrooper 04

costumes_of_rogue_one____stormtrooper_18

On that last pic it looks more like the "hook" is actually a slot cut into the bicep.  

Also is the the hole just below the right shoulder attachment point found on all RO troopers? 

6 minutes ago, Dragon_a said:

On that last pic it looks more like the "hook" is actually a slot cut into the bicep.  

Also is the the hole just below the right shoulder attachment point found on all RO troopers? 

It's to hold the bell down

17 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

It's to hold the bell down

So there's something attached to the underside of the bell that hooks into that slot?

If you look at the first pic you can also see a slot in the top of the bicep with some strapping coming out, over the top of the bicep and under the bell.

Just now, Dragon_a said:

So there's something attached to the underside of the bell that hooks into that slot?

If you look at the first pic you can also see a slot in the top of the bicep with some strapping coming out, over the top of the bicep and under the bell.

Yes with the FOTK it was a clear spaghetti strap connected to the bell

On 10/8/2017 at 11:27 PM, ukswrath said:

With a tactical light and shoulder strap. Never noticed that before

On 10/8/2017 at 11:28 PM, Daetrin said:

Thanks.  We'll have to update the CRL when we add L2/L3.

On 10/8/2017 at 11:36 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

I updated my DLT-19 a while back from that image ;) 

31527156552_6ab0de4deb_c.jpg

Yes the Rogue One DLT-19 Optional Accessory Should be updated to include the sling as well as the flashlight. It's there 100%, here's another image from the visual guide.WxFomuc.jpg

1 hour ago, Dragon_a said:

Yes, the hole on the backarmor is on all troopers. Even the Hot Toys version has the hole featured. 

2 hours ago, SlyFox740 said:

L1

-Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster. Does Hasbro even make a R1 blaster? I haven't seen one. If not it doesn't need mentioning

-A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster over the T-Tracks.

L2

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun. (Folding Stock does not need to function)

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 version with wide front foot is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Small eagle logo is preferred

-Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.

-6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug. 

-Scope Rail is mounted approximately 3/4" above the top of the blaster. Doesn't need mentioning at any level

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or a replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

-No ROTJ Greeblies allowed are on the blaster. Doesn't need mentioning

L3

-Hasbro/Disney toy blasters are not allowed, not even conversions. Same as above

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun. (Folding Stock does not need to function). Already a L2 requirement

-D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap. L2

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope with wide front foot.Already a L2 requirement

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with small eagle logo. Already a L2 requirement

-Power Cylinders shall be R1 style, ANH style is not allowed. Already a L2 requirement

-A correct flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light. Already a L2 requirement

My 2 cents above in red

34 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

My 2 cents above in red

Okay I updated the list to reflect the changes. Although some of the listings you mentioned are actually worded differently from level 2 to 3, namely the difference between "Is Preferred" and "Shall Be" but I have elaborated further on these points now. I've left the modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster because if someone can add a resin flashlight to a DoopyDo's for basic approval, then it's no different than someone adding a dollar store flashlight to a toy blaster for basic approval. But as you can see the requirements for Level 2 and Level 3 become more and more stringent. I don't think any level should require any actual real parts as many of the props on screen were resin or rubber cast, but there were also props made with real parts if someone wishes to go all the way and use real found parts.

L1

-Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

-A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster over the T-Tracks.

L2

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun. (Folding Stock does not need to function)

-D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap.

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 version with wide front foot is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Small eagle logo is preferred.

-Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.

-6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug.

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Preferred flashlight is a real or a replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

L3

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope with Wide front foot. Narrow front foot is not allowed.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo. Medium or Large eagle logo is not allowed.

-Power Cylinders shall be R1 style, ANH style is not allowed.

-A correct flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Flashlight shall be a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

Edited by SlyFox740

9 minutes ago, SlyFox740 said:

Okay I updated the list to reflect the changes. Although some of the listings you mentioned are actually worded differently from level 2 to 3, namely the difference between "Is Preferred" and "Shall Be" but I have elaborated further on these points now. I've left the modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster because if someone can add a resin flashlight to a DoopyDo's for basic approval, then it's no different than someone adding a dollar store flashlight to a toy blaster for basic approval. But as you can see the requirements for Level 2 and Level 3 become more and more stringent. I don't think any level should require any actual real parts as many of the props on screen were resin or rubber cast, but there were also props made with real parts if someone wishes to go all the way and use real found parts.

L1

-Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

L2

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Small eagle logo is preferred.

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Preferred flashlight is a real or a replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

-No ROTJ Greeblies allowed are on the blaster.

L3

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope with Wide front foot. Narrow front foot is not allowed.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo. Medium/Large eagle logo is not allowed.

-A correct flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Flashlight shall be a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

Does the 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope come with a narrow front foot? If not, I'd say let's remove the option in the wordage. Anyone else have an opinion on the matter? 

Same with the Counter, does it even come with a large eagle logo if not remove "Small eagle logo is preferred" from L2

Remove "correct" from the L3 flash light sentence, it's redundant.    

No you're right it doesn't I was just trying to be thorough. 1943 has a wide front foot, 1942 has narrow front foot.

L1

-A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster centered over the T-Tracks.

L2

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 model is preferred.

-Flashlight shall be a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

L3

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope, 1942 is not allowed.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo. Medium or Large eagle logo is not allowed.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, slave1pilot said:

Sly fox nailed it
I hope we made our rubber blaster good enough for him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have one so I hope so also lol :laugh1:. Actually I think yours is pretty spot on

Thank you

There are several variations of Hengstler Counters but the only version seen in Rogue One is the Small eagle logo. So It should be specific for Level 3 approval.

Gu4KMJW.jpg

Please don't hesitate to let me know if anyone has any other ideas to contribute.

Edited by SlyFox740

3 minutes ago, SlyFox740 said:

Thank you

There are several variations Hengstler Counters but the only version seen in Rogue One is the Small eagle logo. So It should be specific for Level 3 approval.

Gu4KMJW.jpg

For the flashlight, The screen accurate flashlight is preferred for Level 2 approval but the correct flashlight is a requirement for Level 3. Does anyone else have any suggestions or objections?

Well I'll tell you neither Andrew or myself will make any applicant pull out a ruler for the eagle ;). Large and small is obvious. So maybe mention "Eagle" is required. L2 forget mentioning the size. 

No objections on the flashlight wordage. 

L1

-A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster centered over the T-Tracks.

L2

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 model is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Eagle logo is preferred.

L3

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope, 1942 is not allowed.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo. Large eagle logo is not allowed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slave1pilot said:

Whew emoji28.png
d9d2f60b3c5020debb44be4087b9b0a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's definitely Level 3 worthy Nathan!, it even has the correct plastic socket cover. You can clearly tell because of the mold injection points. I didn't bother mentioning the plastic socket cover in the CRL. They don't even come with a window for the eagle logo, it has to be modified to have the window cut out. This is all explained in my Blaster Reference Thread

RApagVH.jpg

Edited by SlyFox740

5 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Hey Henry question back to you before I update the CRL.

How many of these details do you think should be in L2/L3 vs. L1?  for instance if I broke it down:

L1

L2

L3

What do you think would make sense?

Okay Paul I think we're getting close to being ready to update the E-11 optional accessory requirement listing, appropriate photographs will follow soon.

L1

L2

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Eagle logo is preferred.

L3

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope, 1942 model is not allowed.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo. Large eagle logo is not allowed.

Edited by SlyFox740

4 minutes ago, slave1pilot said:

Sly fox nailed it
I hope we made our rubber blaster good enough for him lol

Oh you definitely did, I believe your Preatorian Blasters R1 E-11 should be Level 3 Approved right out of the box. That's why I want to use it for the CRL Photos if possible, it's basically the exact same thing most of the suit actors held in their hands during production. Only a few of the props meant for close ups were based on an actual airsoft gun. I am building an R1 E-11 blaster with all real parts, it will be VERY HEAVY!

Daetrin, would it be possible we could make the beveled edges on tge coverstrips Lvl 2? The Deathtrooper CRL has flat edge coverstrips on the model and it's approvable. Plus making beveled edges is dificult and tedious to make perfect.

Henry - thanks for breaking this down and shepherding the changes.  CRL is updated based on the latest iteration. :salute:

https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one

• Like 1