Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark PWF

Like I said, it's super subtle. I don't have a drawing program, but look at the left eye (your view) on the bottom. See how it curves down, instead of swoops down like the right? That's a recreation of the bump seen on the OTTTK's. You can see how it's fatter than the right eye if you look at the shaded portion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Par_ said:

Like I said, it's super subtle. I don't have a drawing program, but look at the left eye (your view) on the bottom. See how it curves down, instead of swoops down like the right? That's a recreation of the bump seen on the OTTTK's. You can see how it's fatter than the right eye if you look at the shaded portion.

I do see it on the OTTKs, but still not seeing on the R1's. It would not make much sense if the made everything symmetrical again, and didn't adjust that. However it depends on how they sculpted the buckets if that is still there.

57 minutes ago, Morgul702 said:

I keep on seeing this thing about a bump under the right eye, but I have yet to actually see this bump. I've gone through as many image as I can and all I see is the natural shape of the bucket coming from the tears, and that's on classic TK's

61a996c39a9b0f0e2b313f07025161e1

Here look at the trooper on the left. Look at his eye in comparison to the trooper closest to the camera. One closest to the camera has a swoop eye shape, while the one at the left has a curve shape on the bottom. That one's a mirror of a regular trooper.

Edited by Par_

Am I Invisible? I spent much of my time and put effort towards this CRL but nobody seems to acknowledge that I exist? I wrote up this list for the CRL E-11 Optional Accessory and put it forward a while back, and I even spent much time making the Official FISD Rogue One E-11 Blaster Reference Guide thread here:https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

But nobody seems to care about what I've tried to contribute at all. Could somebody please acknowledge my existence?...

On 9/23/2017 at 1:50 PM, SlyFox740 said:

Rogue One E-11 Blaster Rifle

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG airsoft gun.

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 version with the wide front foot is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series Counter. Small eagle logo is preferred.

-Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.

-6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug. 

-Scope Rail is mounted approximately 3/4" above the top of the blaster.

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

18 hours ago, Daetrin said:

What was it based off of then?  I can update it easily. I think we just copied/pasted from the ANH Stunt on this.

17 hours ago, slave1pilot said:

The R1 E-11 was based off of an airsoft version of the Sterling. So I guess technically, yes it's based off of a real Sterling.

But...

The propmakers actually used an S&T airsoft Sterling as the base.

S-amp-T-Sterling-L2A1-Submachine-Gun-Ful

they added all of the parts that make it an E-11 and came up with this:

it's discussed somewhat here:

I've been trying to help make a contribution to this CRL but it seems like nobody wants my help at all apparently. I was going to try and get royalty free photos of a proper Rogue One E-11 with all the correct greeblies too. Oh well I guess our detachment wants to go with a generic ANH photo and description, which is completely and utterly inaccurate. Especially compared to the rest of the CRL. I've put all this effort towards this particular CRL Optional Accessory and it's sad to see none of it put forward, just a simple copy and paste from the ANH CRL,.. no effort whatsoever, and it shows too.

Anyways here's the list I wrote again, perhaps for level 3:

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 version with the wide front foot is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series Counter. Small eagle logo is preferred.

-Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.

-6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug. 

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

And here's the official FISD Rogue One E-11 Blaster Reference guide thread that I was requested to make and put in charge of writing: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

That's NOT my concern! I am working to try and contribute something and it's just not being used. Seems like a huge waste of effort, that's my concern. I don't care about any form of credit on the CRL.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I absolutely agree. Not sure why no one is even looking at that thread. I for one am very thankful for all your reference images because they helped greatly in the modification of my Doopydoos blaster for Rogue One.

It's not even about the Reference Thread, that was just something I did to help other builders make their blasters more accurate.

I'm more concerned about my requirement listing for the E-11 Option Accessory, as the current listing is copied from the ANH CRL. That's completely incorrect and utterly inaccurate in every way possible! Here's what it should say, at least for level 3!

If you need any more information on the Rogue One E-11 or any of it's individual components read this:https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Edited by SlyFox740

18 hours ago, Daetrin said:

What was it based off of then?  I can update it easily. I think we just copied/pasted from the ANH Stunt on this.

Paul, below you will see the listing I had wrote up a while back. Please read and acknowledge. As I have been saying for months since the film was released; the Rogue One E-11 is not based off a real Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, it's based off an S&T airsoft gun among many other differences listed in the Official FISD Rogue One E-11 Blaster Reference thread that I was put in charge of:https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Please use the requirement listing that I worked on writing below for the R1 Stormtrooper E-11 Optional Accessory.

On 9/23/2017 at 1:50 PM, SlyFox740 said:

Edited by SlyFox740

We spoke with slyfox when we were developing our blaster . He was of great assistance .
I just couldn't find your thread when I was posting yesterday , that's why I was asking .

Also, we've been asked to provide pics of our rubber blaster for the CRL , but haven't been able to because John cracked a couple ribs so we aren't working ,
Here's the blaster we make ( you can use it until we take better pics )
7e4fddeb957dc7bad53639f91c4cde13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Doh! Never noticed that - good find

It's on the First order TKs as well. I'll have to find the photo but I'm pretty certain its used to hold the shoulder bells down to keep them from flopping around while running. 

Hey Henry,

That's a hit on my part.  The CRL was started ages ago (15 months actually) and as you note it's been 6 months since your reference thread was posted.

The truth is that the CRL just languished and been neglected since we couldn't move it forward without pictures of the armor proper.  It's only in the past week since getting photos from the PI garrison that we were able to dust it off and push it over the finish line.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the recognition for all the research you did and will update the CRL based on the text you wrote, just like we'll update the CRL photo once we get a clean shot of one against a pure white background I can post.

Usually as staff we do a good job of handing off and coordinating work, especially given the amount of staff tur-over that occurs each year and transitions post-elections.  Unfortunately
this is one of those times where due to how long this CRL has taken to go from start to finish and changes in who is doing what, these older posts just got missed.

In addition to updating the CRL today, I'll also update the relevant announcements to ensure that you are given the proper credit for all the work you did.

14 hours ago, Par_ said:

Here look at the trooper on the left. Look at his eye in comparison to the trooper closest to the camera. One closest to the camera has a swoop eye shape, while the one at the left has a curve shape on the bottom. That one's a mirror of a regular trooper.

|                                                                                        |

Mirror: V                                                          Regular non mirror:  V

14 hours ago, Par_ said:

61a996c39a9b0f0e2b313f07025161e1

Oh Daetrin, here's the proof of the bump on the eye. Do you see it?

Edited by Par_

It appears to be there but it's very very subtle, I've just been through the R1 visual dictionary and it is slightly noticeable on some images but not others, really depends on what angle the helmet is on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SlyFox740 said:

Paul, below you will see the listing I had wrote up a while back. Please read and acknowledge. As I have been saying for months since the film was released; the Rogue One E-11 is not based off a real Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, it's based off an S&T airsoft gun among many other differences listed in the Official FISD Rogue One E-11 Blaster Reference thread that I was put in charge of:https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Please use the requirement listing that I worked on writing below for the R1 Stormtrooper E-11 Optional Accessory.

Hey Henry question back to you before I update the CRL.

How many of these details do you think should be in L2/L3 vs. L1?  for instance if I broke it down:

L1

item 1

Item 2

L2

Item 3

Item 4

L3

Item 5

Item 6

What do you think would make sense?

13 minutes ago, Par_ said:

Gmrmodes, do you have a drawing program where you can trace the shape of the eyes, so that others can see it better?

I do but the problem is with that image you can't really do that, or mirror it, the helmet is on an angle so it's really how you view it from each persons own perspective. If I get time later I'll have another look through the visual dictionary again and see if I can find a more definitive photo.

I will just say the eye bump is one of those things that really sticks out on a OT Stormtrooper yet it's not a requirement to have it ;) 

Regarding the eye swoop. I brought this up before but the OTTK has wonky written all over it yet none of it is in any CRL. Why are we discussing this let alone considering it at any level? 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Hey Henry question back to you before I update the CRL.

How many of these details do you think should be in L2/L3 vs. L1?  for instance if I broke it down:

L1

item 1

Item 2

L2

Item 3

Item 4

L3

Item 5

Item 6

What do you think would make sense?

L1

-Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

-A small flashlight shall be mounted on the right side of the blaster over the T-Tracks.

L2

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun. (Folding Stock does not need to function)

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 version with wide front foot is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter. Small eagle logo is preferred.

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or a replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

-No ROTJ Greeblies allowed are on the blaster.

L3

-Hasbro/Disney toy blasters are not allowed, not even conversions.

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun. (Folding Stock does not need to function)

-D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap.

-Scope shall be a real or replica 1943 M.H.R. Co. M38 Telescope with wide front foot.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with small eagle logo.

-Power Cylinders shall be R1 style, ANH style is not allowed.

-A correct flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster centered over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

Edited by SlyFox740