Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark CMF

Yup, just wondering if around 1/8th inch is absolutely necesary to get approved. I mean I don't think people are going to walk up to it and measure it. 

In regards to how much you can see the detail in trim below 1/8th inch thick, (it may appear too little detail because of how thin it is), one can easily remedy this by weathering their trooper like the Imperial Labor camp troopers, or Jedia troopers, seeing as weathering is an option (yes!!!!!!!!!!!).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

According to the August Newsletter, they have the draft ready, they're just waiting for someone to assemble the armor and get pics of it. However, don't let no pics stop you from doing it. Just get as many pics as you can from the internet, and use that as visual reference. And go to the first page of this thread to view the CRL draft.

Edited by Par_

On 05/08/2017 at 4:17 AM, Par_ said:

The indent on the handguard is very similar to how the FOTK's have an indent on the index part of their handguards. However, the indent is in the middle front of the ROTK handguard.  

Speaking of hand guards is anybody making them?

I have one of Jimmi's RO kits on order, however like the rest of his kit the hand guards are presumably fibreglass, not plastic as is required for Level 2.

And...crap, been a long week.  Karate, curriculum night for 2 kids on two nights, working late, cub scouts - all my free time is out the window. :(  But, it's still in my queue.  Patience, please.

• Like 1

Meh, why not.  I think everyone is in consensus:

1. Jimmy Graham looked *awful*

2. The O-line was highly inconsistent

3. Run blocking was dreadful.

4. Eddie Lacy also was over-hyped.

On the plus

1. Defense was outstanding

2. Receiving corp best we ever had

Looking forward
1. Dump Lacy & Graham, use salary cap $$ to get better O-linemen.

7 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Meh, why not.  I think everyone is in consensus:

1. Jimmy Graham looked *awful*

2. The O-line was highly inconsistent

3. Run blocking was dreadful.

4. Eddie Lacy also was over-hyped.

On the plus

1. Defense was outstanding

2. Receiving corp best we ever had

Looking forward
1. Dump Lacy & Graham, use salary cap $$ to get better O-linemen.

Ah hahaha caught this last post in my email. Thought to myself wow this thread has really gone off topic, then I read the previous comments lol. Keep in mind I don't follow football 

• 2 weeks later...

So, the situation is that I still don't have photos for the CRL yet, which is the biggest block.  Maybe the PI garrison can come through again like they did with the TLJ?

I can get photos of the Rogue One E-11 Blaster (both sides). I'm building using with all original found parts as seen in the FISD Blaster Reference that I wrote: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

In addition to the E-11 Blaster I can supply photos of my Crystal Patrol Duty Backpack (front & back) built using all Original Found Parts as seen in the reference thread found here on this forum which I also helped contribute to.

I will submit the requirement listings that I have been working on for the Rogue One E-11 Blaster and the Crystal Patrol Duty Backpack in the following posts. Please let me know where I need to send the photos of the blaster and the blackpack.

Rogue One E-11 Blaster Rifle

-Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG airsoft gun.

-Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. (Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co.) M38 Telescope. 1943 version with the wide front foot is preferred.

-Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series Counter. Small eagle logo is preferred.

-Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.

-6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug. 

-Scope Rail is mounted approximately 3/4" above the top of the blaster.

-A flashlight shall be mounted to the right side of the blaster over the T-tracks. Flashlight is a real or replica Element M300A Mini Scout Light.

Edited by SlyFox740

Crystal Patrol Duty Backpack 

•Frame shall be a M75 or LK35 Swedish Military Hiking Backpack frame. M75 is preferred.

•Soft pack shall be a Large A.L.I.C.E. type military pack (original U.S.G.I. Issue or modern reproduction) black in colour or dyed black.

•"Crystal Cargo Carrier" shall be made from a real or replica divider tray insert plus one outer half of a Norwegian military grenade case. model M4704-101113.

•Shoulder straps shall be A.L.I.C.E. Enhanced type military shoulder straps.

•Two additional "Slider Buckles" or "Ladder-Lock Buckles shall be fastened to the main straps holding down the main flap of the A.L.I.C.E. pack

•Hook Greeblie shall be a real or replica quick release from WWII U.S. pilot's K-RAF dinghy.

•"Weather Shroud" shall be made of canvas. Cotton is preferred

•Strapping for weather shroud shall be dark green 25mm cotton webbing.

•Buckles for weather shroud shall be correct CAM type buckles for cargo strapping.

•Antenna shall be made of a flexible black rod approximately 45-50" long with a black cylindrical cap

•Antenna cable shall be made of black  1/4" Surgical Latex Tubing or black rubber-like tubing and is wrapped around a lower portion of the antenna rod.

FYI all the pictures have been posted and the CRL as it is is being reviewed by the LMO.

https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one

Henry - I saw you posting while I was doing this.  I'll read through your changes and see what may make it in.  The one picture we really need is a good one for the E-11, or two.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Daetrin said:

FYI all the pictures have been posted and the CRL as it is is being reviewed by the LMO.

https://origin-wiki.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one

Henry - I saw you posting while I was doing this.  I'll read through your changes and see what may make it in.  The one picture we really need is a good one for the E-11, or two.

Paul let me know if anything needs to be changed/updated in the Optional Accessory Requirement Listing for the E-11 Blaster or Crystal Patrol Duty Pack.

Also the E-11 & Backpack photographs are being taken at the studio this weekend so I should have those soon, where do I email them? to you?

I only need the E-11.  As long as it is against a white background where I can trim it down, I should be fine.  The Crystal Patrol Duty Pack will be on MEPD, as they are doing the deployed versions of this costume.  There is a thread on MEPD about it, and you can post it there.  For the image, you can email it to me directly or simply provide an imgur or dropbox link.

What? That doesn't make any sense? I thought It had already been decided that the "Crystal Patrol Duty Pack" belongs to FISD while the "Sandtrooper Type 4 Fieldpack" belongs to MEPD. Each detachment was supposed to get a new pack for Rogue One I thought?

On 2/28/2017 at 8:16 AM, Dark CMF said:

I'm not sure where the conversation between MEPD and FISD, that MEPD says was happening actually took place, because it wasn't with me, and it wasn't with any member of the FISD Staff that took the time to share the information with me.

So, yes, as a result of the discussion between the LMO and I, FISD has the Kyber Crystal pack and MEPD gets the other one.

On 2/28/2017 at 2:54 PM, Dark CMF said:

It is already worked out, by way of the conversation I referenced above, that I had with the LMO. FISD will own the crystal pack, MEPD will own the Type 4 or whatever it is called. You know, the MEPD one. :)

Also according to the official Rogue One Visual Guide the Crystal Patrol Duty Pack is issued to "Standard Stormtroopers" as you can see in the paragraph below.

UBdiif7.jpg

And here is the "Sandtrooper Type 4 Fieldpack" that MEPD is getting.

5fUjcDN.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the thread you're talking about?: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/14846-rogue-one-jehda-patrols-are-sandtroopers/&do=findComment&comment=195638

Edited by SlyFox740

Most of the history of FISD taking on what should have been MEPD's costumes for deployed troopers stemmed from the staunch old guard at MEPD to keep it focused on ANH sandtroopers ONLY, e.g. 1 costume.  So we (FISD) stepped up and took them on. 

However as ever in the Legion things evolved. Can you believe back in 2006 there were many in the Legion who were against the very concept of having a TK detachment as the Legion already "had it covered" in the garrisons?

The guidance that should have been in place years ago is now being resurrected.  MEPD's leadership is changed, and the membership there has changed, and they are embracing their true roots as the place for "dirty TKs".  They are now doing:

1. Special Edition (ROTJ based) OT standtroopers

2. Battlefront II Heavy Weapons Trooper

3. Battlefront II Sullest/Magma Trooper 

4. Jeddha Trooper from Rogue one (dirty boy!)

What is referred to the Crystal Patrol that is only ever seen in the book.  It's not even clear if this costume will ever have its own CRL, as it is essentially the same costume as the deployed R1 TK (aka Jeddha Trooper) with a different pack, so they will probably just have both costumes in one CRL with two pack options.

There was a discussion that Phasma would go over to SpecOps as she is not a "clean white TK", but the feedback was that the Phasmas prefer to stay here on FISD, so that is where they will remain until such time as the costume holders decide otherwise. 

Such is not the case with new costumes entering the Legion where we'll hold the line more closely to stick to clean TK's here on FISD, have "deployed" TK's over to MEPD, and anything other than a clean TK go to SpecOps.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

4. Jeddha Trooper from Rogue one (dirty boy!)

What is referred to the Crystal Patrol that is only ever seen in the book.  It's not even clear if this costume will ever have its own CRL, as it is essentially the same costume as the deployed R1 TK (aka Jeddha Trooper) with a different pack, so they will probably just have both costumes in one CRL with two pack options.

What is referred to as the "Jedha Trooper" is only ever seen on an action figure package. Only one specific action figure to be exact. A toy figurine is hardly a better reference than a fully illustrated officially published visual guide in my opinion.

What I mean is Lucasfilm calls it a "Visual Guide" for a reason, If anything I would follow that as reference over a toy.

I understand the reasoning behind it, and yes some of the troopers wearing the pack & pauldron happen to be somewhat dusty being deployed on Jedha but on the other hand we also see plenty of clean white TKs on Jedha too, some of them wearing the pack & pauldron. This pack is also seen on Stormtroopers on other planets as well, it's first seen in the movie very early on at the "Kafrene Trading Outpost", but more heavily featured on Jedha.

But even so these troopers appear to be clean just like all the other stormtroopers they're seen standing with.

0k4IX7D.jpg

oQvKpVi.jpg

Edited by SlyFox740