Matching armor paint to Anovos helmet

Rookhelm

I've got the regular Anovos helmet (the $250 one, not the fiberglass deluxe one), and a set of KB armor.

I'd like to get away with not having to paint the helmet, so I'd like to be able to paint the armor to match it.

Has anyone done this and can recommend paint?

Rustoleum 2X Gloss White has been the recommended armor paint, and for exactly that reason. Another option is to take the helmet to a paint shop and have them come up with a custom blend that matches the helmet.

• Like 1

So the Anovos FO helmet plastic color is different from the KB armor's plastic color? That's good to know.

I'm really really really trying to avoid needing to paint any armor pieces.

Part of the issue here is that paint won't match raw ABS perfectly. They don't reflect light the same, the plastic has a hint of translucency, etc. I think the injection molded is pretty dang close to the Rustoleum, but it's not perfect.

I used this and it matched great, but not exact:

http://duplicolor.com/product/premium-enamel

In the coming weeks I will be testing with some new automotive paints that have more flex and will report back.  Currently looking into SEM flexible bumper paints.

I dont think 9010 is right. But didnt we have the very same discussion before? Used search but didnt find anything so here goes what i can remember:<br><br><br>

9010: yellowish tint, closer match to on screen armor, will not match the standard helmet (so will need repainting of helmet) <br><br>

9016: blueish tint, matches the anovos abs helmet but less accurate<br><br><br>

So please tell me that this is correct as my armor is currently at the paint shop, going full 9016 :)

Edited by Fedaykin
  • Like 1

Rustoleum 2X Gloss White has been the recommended armor paint, and for exactly that reason. Another option is to take the helmet to a paint shop and have them come up with a custom blend that matches the helmet.

Rustoleum is for the fiberglass helm.

You could use decals from trooperbay for the small black parts

https://trooperbay.com/decals/prop-replica-decals/star-wars-props/troopers-tk/tfa-first-order-stormtrooper-armor-decal-set

This is for Jimmiroquais Kit though

Edited by Fedaykin

I used this and it matched great, but not exact:

http://duplicolor.com/product/premium-enamel

In the coming weeks I will be testing with some new automotive paints that have more flex and will report back.  Currently looking into SEM flexible bumper paints.

There are several paints listed in your link.  Was this the one you're referring to on that page?

Gloss White Acrylic Enamel

12 oz. Aerosol

• 3 weeks later...

I tried 9010....that is NO GO with The standard ABS helmet...make armor yellow ish when you compared them.

Dont think we have 9016 here in Denmark but will look.

Is the Rustoleum also 9010 or 9016?

Sendt fra min SM-G850F med Tapatalk

Rustoleum 2x gloss white over the 2x white primer. Matches the fiberglass helm. It may be easier just to paint the helm and armour and make it all the same.

Or just take the helmet into a Paint store and tell them you need a paint match. Won't be spray at that point. Or have a paint shop match and paint for you. Depends on your budget.

BJ Browne in California is taking orders on the Anovos Stormtrooper Kit build Facebook page for a spray paint that is supposed to match the Anovos color perfectly. He needs an order of 16-20 cans to make the run work. Check it out if you're interested.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk