Spotting for UKG Stormtrooper and FISD member "Firebladejedi"

One of the highlights of Star Wars Celebration Europe III for me was what I called "Meet the Mentor Day".

After six years of trooping it was an honour to finally meet Mark "Fireblade Jedi" Gage of the UK and not only that, but get to spot for him whilst he was suited up.

Back in 2010, when I first started looking to get into the hobby, it was Mark who - as UKG armourer - intercepted my first posts on the UKG forum and guided me through the minefield of recast crap and rip-off gear and pointed me in the right direction. 

He sent me a list of approved suppliers (the template for what would later become a pinned post on these boards) and told me straight: "With your physique, I'd get a TM". I never looked back.

I finally got to say thank you in person.

Here's a few seconds of video of Mark with Dennis (Obi-Hahn, German Garrison) - and me behind the camera - on our way from the changing room and through the security checks.

20160717_134742_zpsrbn6o3ag.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 9

Now that's a trooper who troops! Hats off to you Mr FireBlade, we don't see enough people who put their armor to the test like that.

I have few mentors I hope to meet one of those day too. I'm happy to hear you've been able to do that Rich!

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 2

It was so good to be able to spend time with you guys. I'm just sorry we didn't have longer together. Here's to the next time

Edited by firebladejedi
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...