Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack part found

Roughly measured my pack, 15 mm for the side pouches, 20mm for the middle.50 across. That is with all the foam stuffed inside. But I think if you can see the pack you might buy, compare the pouches, easiest detail to spot.

The guy came back to me with the following :

under the yoke it is described as a FIeld Pack Combat Nylon LG, which I can only assume is large. It then has a series of numbers, then what looks like MEDINA

can anyone confirm if this is a large by the markings? 

also

Pockets measure 23cm high, 15cm wide and 8.5 cm deep

but didn't say if they are all same?

Edited by Marv

Sorry John, I dyed my pack so I can't see the writing anymore. Its a shame the guy can't send a pic. Have you considered getting one from Colemnas in the US? They are the large ones for sure. The straps are the only thing you will have to source separately.

The guy came back to me with the following :

under the yoke it is described as a FIeld Pack Combat Nylon LG, which I can only assume is large. It then has a series of numbers, then what looks like MEDINA

can anyone confirm if this is a large by the markings? 

also

Pockets measure 23cm high, 15cm wide and 8.5 cm deep

but didn't say if they are all same?

Field Pack, LC-2 large (NSN 8465-01-019-9103) are these the numbers?

Marv,

check the R1 back pack build thread in the R1 part of this site. There is an entire section in there about the correct A.L.I.C.E. pack to use and way of distinguishing between medium and large pack - incl. pics for comparison.

Aside from the size difference between the centre pocket and the two outer pockets - as per Bulldog's comment above - the easiest way is to look at the number of webbing details on the side of the pack. The medium pack does not have a bottom single webbing patch

wr3_img61016659_zpst7e3n2my.jpg

Whereas the large pack - the one used on the prop seen at Celebration Europe 2016 - does have the extra bottom single webbing patch

wr3_img57809159_zpsp0e4fdxv.jpg

Hope this helps.

ireachy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine is dark green heavy nylon 

Tony,

Where did you get most of your components?

I have found the frame and grenade holder on Coleman....

I am building one of these for someone now.  Big surprise.

Tony,

Where did you get most of your components?

I have found the frame and grenade holder on Coleman....

I am building one of these for someone now.  Big surprise.

I'll have to go back and look, send me a PM

• 11 months later...
On 7/28/2016 at 3:12 PM, Troopscoop said:

So...for us US folk, how would one obtain this reasonably priced ammo plastic box (as shipping looks to only be for Europe :mellow: ). Anyone see a US alternative? Or any plans to do a group buy for US people through some third party?

Hey all, FYI I got my full box from Coleman's Military Surplus LLC in the US. (www.colemans.com) Total cost $43.78.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

N/M... found the post in the other build thread.  :blush:

Ordered the pack dingy hook from mr paul (Transaction ID  3MJ523333H4679643).  

Got the pack dyed, didn't take great so hit it with some Duplicolor car vinyl spray.  Just waiting on the cam-locks and the hook, but have everything else, so I'll be assembling mine tomorrow.  B)

On 6/6/2018 at 11:32 PM, TrooperPX said:

What are members using to fill and shape the main pouch area, and the three pockets?  Anyone have pic of what they used?

I used seat cushion foam. Lightweight and easy to cut and stuff to form. I had the same problem with the dye not taking well. I need to do a second try at it, this time I will use a fixer that should help the color to lock in better. 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Bulldog44 said:

... :unsure:I still need R1 armor, a helmet, blaster & pauldron to complete it all.  

:lol: So not much more then...

Same here.  But the pack was too cool not to make.  I'll use it as a table-draw for now.  B)

On 6/28/2018 at 4:22 AM, TrooperPX said:

:lol: So not much more then...

Same here.  But the pack was too cool not to make.  I'll use it as a table-draw for now.  B)

LOL. Yeah, more armor might put a strain on the marriage so I ma treading carefully about going full R1.

• 3 weeks later...