Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack part found

Paul, did you get these buckles and straps from an additional source, or are they from the Swedish Backpack? If not what kind of buckles are these?

Bare with me on this. We are posting a build thread very soon and more accurate buckles have been sourced since that post. We will post all the info we can and where to get them.

Man even though my armor is ESB, I want to make one of these!!!  And this one looks like it may be easier to do than a standard HWT or TD pack.  At least in my inexperienced eyes.

We have started a build thread on here so feel free to have a look and follow us. PM me if you want any specific parts for your build :)

Also looking to know what anyone has concluded as to what they used for the rolled up blanket thingy on the backpack. About to do an order from the States to ship over the grenade tray/box and a frame but would like to try and consolidate more items for cheaper shipping if that part is somewhat known. what straps used as well. 

• Like 1

Also looking to know what anyone has concluded as to what they used for the rolled up blanket thingy on the backpack. About to do an order from the States to ship over the grenade tray/box and a frame but would like to try and consolidate more items for cheaper shipping if that part is somewhat known. what straps used as well.

Hi, the "bedroll" has not been identified yet. There is very little to go on from what is seen in reference picture. It nay be best to improvise until the actual part is correctly identified.

Brass snaps.. colored? definitely a black bag.    Dont let the location on the left bottom snap throw you off.  The top button on the strap its snapped to the lower button on the bag.  The bottom snap on the strap is not buttoned.  I think that's whats throwing folks off about the seam line.  So do we knoe for sure which size bag to use.. they made a small..Medium and large with the very same configuration...

From the exhibit pics it looks like the Alice pack was black not OD but I haven't found a matching pack in black yet.
876bc3563563bc4e25efd3e39a3f035f.png
The clean (unweathered) under strap on the Alice pouch is black with a silver snap.

Upper straps are obviously green.
Sleeping bag looks pretty good but I wish there was a way to confirm exactly what they used.

Edited by swpropmaker

...what straps used as well. 

What type of strap/buckle  were used to secure the sleeping bag to the back pack?  Are they buckles used from the M-75?

No the straps and buckles are not taken from the M75 Swedish Hiking Pack, they're sourced separately.

The Buckles used to hold the sleeping bag to the Norwegian Grenade Case are known as "25mm Cam Buckles" used for cargo strapping.

CamBuckle_zpsqnzz4hd2.jpgCamBuckle2_zpsem5c9uja.jpg

These are the 230 pound rated cam buckles, NOT the 550Lbs. Notice the thickness of the metal.

I found these right here in Canada but they are available elsewhere just be sure to buy the correct size/rating if you want it to be accurate: http://www.hudson4supplies.com/metal-hardware/metal-cam-buckle/cam-buckle-1-in-230-lbs.html

The Buckles holding the main flap down on the ALICE pack are known as 25mm "Strap Adjusters" or "Slide Buckles" or "Webbing Gliders" or "Ladder Lock Buckles" . These same buckles were also used to mount the ALICE pack to the M75 frame.

WebbingGlider_zpsyk544vre.jpgWebbingGlider2_zpszvthqjec.jpg

These are the 25mm Antique Brass finish: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181396564350?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=480379766443&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And Here in the UK: http://www.greengrizzly.co.uk/en/roller-buckles-belt-loops-/1740-molded-solid-cast-adjuster-slide-buckles-strap-suspender-webbing-glide-ladder.html?ps_mobile_site=1

The Strapping used to hold the Sleeping Bag to the Norwegian Grenade Case is "25mm Olive Drab Cotton Webbing"

Straps_zps2l6cu1cy.jpg

Notice the strapping is dark in photographs, so I ordered Dark Olive Drab as opposed to light olive drab. What I received appears to be 100% accurate in terms of color and weave pattern of this webbing. The thickness and fraying characteristics are definitely those of cotton and not polypropylene or nylon.

Here's where I purchased my strapping: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-yards-Color-Choice-25mm-1-Cotton-Webbing-Belting-Belt-Fabric-Strap-2mm-Thick-/112001206744?var=410943130054&hash=item1a13cac9d8:m:ml_wrqXZsuUDtHo83RUkCSA

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 2

Thanks Henry for the useful info on the strapping and buckles. Already the antique brass gliders say out of stock- just my luck! I might be able to get the same cotton straps at a local shop but I will have to order the cam buckles.  

Now I hope we can nail down what the sleeping bag thing really is. Do you think it is a sleeping bag? Or tent slip cover? 

• Like 1

Thanks Henry for the useful info on the strapping and buckles. Already the antique brass gliders say out of stock- just my luck! I might be able to get the same cotton straps at a local shop but I will have to order the cam buckles.

Now I hope we can nail down what the sleeping bag thing really is. Do you think it is a sleeping bag? Or tent slip cover?

You're very welcome ;)

Yes the stock on all these items started to dwindle the moment I posted that, Lol. I identified and sourced all these found parts by myself but I am 100% positive of their accuracy after hours of research. I ordered all my stuff before posting that so there was still plenty of stock in all these items at the time. But I know there are other sources for these items available out there, they just have to be found ;)

The Sleeping Bag/Gun Case/Canvas Roll/Tent Case has yet to be identified and confirmed.

Edited by SlyFox740

Yes the stock on all these items started to dwindle the moment I posted that, Lol. I identified and sourced all these found parts by myself but I am 100% positive of their accuracy after hours of research. I ordered all stuff before posting that so there was still plenty of stock in all these items at the time. But I know there are other sources for these items available out there, they just have to be found ;)

The Sleeping Bag/Gun Case/Canvas Roll/Tent Case has yet to be identified and confirmed.

Working on the roll ID at the moment - but it is a bugger to pin down!