Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack part found

I believe this is what you're referring to Andrew http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=264616

US buyers you can pick up all the same components from Colemans Military surplus for under $100, and save on the shipping  

Frame Scotty mentioned -  https://colemans.com/shop/pouches-bags/swedish-military-backpack-with-frame/

Long time lurker first time poster. I'm also a frequent Coleman's shopper. I wanted to point out a few things. For one, you can save 15% on Coleman's right now using the code CA15. That offer expires August 19th so I would suggest ordering before then. Also like ukswarth points out I'm pretty sure you can find everything you need for this on Colemans.com...  They are even listing this as a Star Wars related product in their description on the page, so someone must have tipped them off! https://colemans.com/shop/containers/norwegian-military-waterproof-airtight-storage-box/

• Like 1

From the exhibit pics it looks like the Alice pack was black not OD but I haven't found a matching pack in black yet.

876bc3563563bc4e25efd3e39a3f035f.png

The clean (unweathered) under strap on the Alice pouch is black with a silver snap.

Upper straps are obviously green.

Sleeping bag looks pretty good but I wish there was a way to confirm exactly what they used.

Hi there I don't come here very often, but as I'm looking to make the pack also, I was wondering if anyone of you guys has identified the artifact on the strapping yet.

-----------

Could it be some sort of Parashute hook ?

Great progress on your work Derek, it's fascinating :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 8/8/2016 at 11:01 AM, lonepigeon said:

I didn't see it mentioned but the straps used on the pack are the Enhanced Extra Padded ALICE Pack Shoulder Straps.

As far as I've seen they only come in woodland camp so they were dyed or painted.

I bought mine here:

---------

I'm still researching the large ALICE pack that was used. There are many variations from manufacturers and I haven't seen an exact match yet.

One of the main details I noticed is that the bottom snaps for the pouches are located below the seam line of the reinforced bottom third of the pouch. Most packs are not like that.

We'll be covering the whole pack on The Parts of Star Wars Facebook page soon...

https://www.facebook.com/PartsofSW/

Are these simmilar straps?

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I think the cable running up the fishing rod is not cable. it is flexible soft black rubber tubing. That would make it thread through the metal eyes easier and also it would flatten out when coiled around the pole like in the reference pic. it should not be too hard to work out the width of the tubing from the picture and source it correctly.

Materials used:

- Norwegian army grenade case

- Swedish army M75 backpack frame

- ALICE LC1 bag, size Large

- ALICE LC1 straps

- Austrian army soft cover for the upper rolled part (to be replaced if I'll find better one)

- Some straps

- Car flexible antenna 78cm, with some cable

Whole pack weights around 4-5 kilos.

I'm not planning to make new stormtrooper armor for now, but who knows... ;)

Will use this pack for my sandtrooper and my Red Rain set.

What did you use to paint it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2016 at 11:14 PM, Locitus said:

Meanwhile in Sweden:

-----------

Ah hahaha nice!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here's themaninthesuitcase's (Chris's) picture:

28089833540_b101555496_k.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the inside of the ammo box appears to have a cloth insert laid over the inside of the box, below the grenade 'cups'? The grenade 'cup' section can be pulled out. Looking at Chris' hi res image the wrinkled / crumpled texture to the inside is very noticeable, and clearly different to the actual inside of the box.

7c1cd2e1e958ca9af6a4e0f3352427d1.jpg

Mine so far. Applied a flat black base coat. Looks to me like the prop is brown, with a splattering of dirt and mud. I'll try weathering it up once the frame gets here. I'm thinking of dusting it with camo tan, then using acrylic paint to splatter it up a bit.

7c1cd2e1e958ca9af6a4e0f3352427d1.jpg

Mine so far. Applied a flat black base coat. Looks to me like the prop is brown, with a splattering of dirt and mud. I'll try weathering it up once the frame gets here. I'm thinking of dusting it with camo tan, then using acrylic paint to splatter it up a bit.

Hi Darthikari,

It was definitely black at Celebration Europe. With some weathering splashes in an earth-tone. 

Has anyone noticed that the inside of the ammo box appears to have a cloth insert laid over the inside of the box, below the grenade 'cups'? The grenade 'cup' section can be pulled out. Looking at Chris' hi res image the wrinkled / crumpled texture to the inside is very noticeable, and clearly different to the actual inside of the box.

I did! I thought for a while that was the bag and they just added the insert to the bag, but if you look properly you see its the whole bottom.

FWIW i think the bag is black + dirt not brown or green.  The ALICE bag does come in black just not as common.

• Like 2

@ Gibbon... Do you have a tutorial on how you assembled your pack? Did you cut the top lid/flap of the Alice pack or is that all tucked in there some place? <br>

How does the bed roll stay on and how did you mount the grenade box? <br>

So many questions! Lol

• Like 2