Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack part found

Just found a piece of the new TK backpack from Rouge One.
It is the section with the circles on the back, which is an internal top piece of a plastic ammunition box
Here is the link to a German military disposals store that has them for sale.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 5

When posting found-parts posts, it's nice to post a comparison instead of leaving it up to others to hunt it down. ;)

It does look very close though. Although I think the props used on the backpacks are casts of the part, instead of 1 original per backpack. Some softness in the edges of the prop part leads me to think so at least.

6906_8.jpg 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Just remembered I took a reference of the back pack with fill flash so you can see inside better.

28089833540_9bc7e11d6a_z.jpg

Rogue One Stormtrooper Reference CE 2016 by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Looks like a direct mount to what ever the bag is, looks to be a bergen with a few extra packs.

On 7/19/2016 at 10:36 PM, Locitus said:

When posting found-parts posts, it's nice to post a comparison instead of leaving it up to others to hunt it down. ;)

It does look very close though. Although I think the props used on the backpacks are casts of the part, instead of 1 original per backpack. Some softness in the edges of the prop part leads me to think so at least.

6906_8.jpg 

-----------

Geez, anyone would have thought you were actually there!! :P

Edited by gmrhodes13

Geez, anyone would have thought you were actually there!! :P

I was. But for some reason I didn't take a picture from that angle myself so I had to go looking for someone who did.

• Like 1

That'

Here's themaninthesuitcase's (Chris's) picture:

28089833540_b101555496_k.jpg

Thats not a cast , its the real thing painted up for sure.

Here's themaninthesuitcase's (Chris's) picture:

There's a whole bunch of reference I took on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/themaninthesuitcase/albums. All are available for download at full resolution, there where taken with a D700 and a SB-900 flash so quality should be better than a phone picture

I'm new to reference photography and now I'm wishing I spent longer on this but: A: I over heated the flash. It was dark and was firing on full power most the time I think. B: The eldest and wife were very much getting impatient with me.

FTW I'm pretty sure the Death Troopers boots are Doctor Martins. Those soles are too recognizable for them not to be.

• Like 3

There's a whole bunch of reference I took on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/themaninthesuitcase/albums. All are available for download at full resolution, there where taken with a D700 and a SB-900 flash so quality should be better than a phone picture

I'm new to reference photography and now I'm wishing I spent longer on this but: A: I over heated the flash. It was dark and was firing on full power most the time I think. B: The eldest and wife were very much getting impatient with me.

FTW I'm pretty sure the Death Troopers boots are Doctor Martins. Those soles are too recognizable for them not to be.

You took great pictures nonetheless. :)

• Like 1

I would agree with that.

They're either Dr Martens Mayer or Talib. Both share a sole but the uppers have subtle differences. This has been documented in other threads but I think this post is the first to put them together and highlight the differences.

Talib was the closest I saw but still not quite there. The seam around what would be the top of the shoe is missing, and I've not seen it on any of the current range which is disappointing.

Little mad at myself I didn't check here. Found the box on a Japanese sit for $26 ish and ordered it. I'll probably just order another one so I have two :D

I recal talking to a few people at CE Europe and saying I'm sure it's a grenade case from some European army. Sure enough it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Joe.Gravelle
  • Like 1

So...for us US folk, how would one obtain this reasonably priced ammo plastic box (as shipping looks to only be for Europe :mellow: ). Anyone see a US alternative? Or any plans to do a group buy for US people through some third party?

I am willing to act as a third party for shipping if needed

So...for us US folk, how would one obtain this reasonably priced ammo plastic box (as shipping looks to only be for Europe :mellow: ). Anyone see a US alternative? Or any plans to do a group buy for US people through some third party?

I am willing to act as a third party for shipping if needed.

This US store has the box in stock.  The picture on their website doesn't show the center piece, but I called to confirm that it's included with the box.  I got mine in on Wednesday and everything looks great!

https://colemans.com/shop/containers/norwegian-military-waterproof-airtight-storage-box/