KCP First Order F-11D Studio Replica Blaster

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have spoken to Ken and this project is still a go. Stand by for future details in the New Year. <br>

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

Edited by Oztrooper
  • Like 2

That is great news to hear. Thanks for the update. I really need an FO blaster and if this is ultra accurate then I certainly hope to buy one when they become available. Fight on Ken!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested as well. Still need one for my FOTK.

But I'm curios about a few things. Will there be kits only, or finished blasters, too? If yes: Will there be installed electronics? (I can't do things like that and haven't someone in my area, who could do that for me. :() And the most important thing: How about shipping to germany? I'm affraid to get problems with the german customs... :(

About the price. Well, I think, I'll start to save money now, so I can afford it. :)

FISD merch rules state that items must be in hand before orders are taken. At the least, you should never buy stuff that hasn't been made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry guys for the delays. All I can say is busy! Multiple motion pictures... 4 to be exact, one year long production on a sci-fi show called Altered Carbon, as well as three other TV shows. I just wrapped on Deadpool and X-Men and finishing up a Dwayne Johnson film called Skyscraper. Then.... back on this project. 

FYI, I'll be starting to interview for internships soon. So, if you're in my area and want an interview, hit me up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kcpstudio said:

Sorry guys for the delays. All I can say is busy! Multiple motion pictures... 4 to be exact, one year long production on a sci-fi show called Altered Carbon, as well as three other TV shows. I just wrapped on Deadpool and X-Men and finishing up a Dwayne Johnson film called Skyscraper. Then.... back on this project. 

FYI, I'll be starting to interview for internships soon. So, if you're in my area and want an interview, hit me up.

I was wondering if this project was dead.  My blaster is a piece of....and I need a new one.

3 hours ago, kcpstudio said:

Welcome back Ken! 
One quick question: is France anywhere near your area?! :D

It would be great to see this project get some traction. Just bought an F-11d blaster kit last month but always hoped to see what your blaster will look like when it's completed. Glad you are back. 

9 hours ago, kcpstudio said:

Can we be jealous?  Man, sounds awesome!

We'll need to agree to something when it comes time for a run. I've already invested a ton of time and materials into the CAD as well as the masters. Even helped others with their CADs here at Whitearmor.

The issue I have with product in hand first is this. First, in order to keep pricing down, I need to lock in so many orders. Price has a huge factor on time and materials. I have had way too many guys back out of past projects and I was left holding the costs. I was doing a run of concept phasers on the RPF. Everyone wanted one. I had 70 + orders placed with all hard commitments for a two week turn a round. Meaning I garanteed they would have their props within two weeks once all funds were collect. Then, when it came time to pay up, half dropped out and most of those wouldn't answer emails etc. I refunded everyone else that paid... and I did that within 1 day. I don't have time for that. 

I think my name and imdb credits should be enough to assure people they won't get screwed or expect a long wait. 

Once I begin the project, it gets completed within agreed lead times with or without issues. This is what I do for a living. 

Now, if it is expected that I have finished kits in hand before selling, then each kit will be treated as individual builds and priced accordingly. You can't have it both ways. I'm truly sorry for those that have got screwed in the past.... however... you're not dealing with a fan building in his mom's basement or dad's garage. 

Please don't take my post as being rude. That's not what I'm trying to get across. These kits will need a ton of molds and resin. I need to make sure I'm not using my company materials or my company's working capital on a replica project and then fight to get paid. So we need to figure something out before I move forward. I have proven the project with CAD and master parts photos. I have proven their accuracy. In fact, there are members here that know just how accurate. (Hint hint)

but seriously gents, we need to come up with a hard core list first then establish something. Otherwise, this project is dead before it begins. 

I thought this project was dead so I bought another blaster kit last month:wacko:. I would need some time now to pull funds together for one of these but having a price to save towards would be helpful if you are able to make some projection of cost. I understand that you need to secure committed buyers first to move ahead. Tricky and risky as you mentioned from past experience.   

Are you considering a payment plan so there is some funding coming in to get things rolling or one lump payment for each kit?  

Haven't thought about a payment plan. First, I'd like to make a list of hard core peeps that want in on the run. I'll give a rough idea on cost based on the number of guys that go in on the run. Then commitment with 50% will be required from everyone before I initiate work. This way everyone is moving as fast as the slowest man. Drop outs lose their 50%... no excuses. I'll give an exact time to completion. At that point the balance and shipping/handling required prior to shipping. Everyone pays their balances prior to shipping the lot. This way I'm not continually running out to ship boxes every other day. This way everyone is on board and it gets done as a team effort. No one left behind. No headaches for me. I'm not waiting or begging to get paid and you guys are not waiting months to get your items. It's fair for everyone and is how runs should be conducted. It's unfortune for everyone when people screw others. Most of the time it's because those guys bite off more than they can chew and end up robbing Peter to pay paul. 

If I have an exact number of peeps in on this and everyone moves together, everyone wins. I think this is fair and weeds out guys that pay some money and disappear or guys that order and disappear. 

Again, this is what I do. I build under ridiculously short lead times. I can't afford to sit on a project. Now that I'm wrapping up my last film for the year, I've got chill time to persue personal projects. I also have one other gent on my side to bring in for a mold and casting fest, here, to knock everything out in a very reasonable and on track time table. 

Cheers

Again, I would need to know roughly how many guys would be in for one. When I get to that point, I will give estimates based on rough qtys. Then, the more people that go in on it, the cheaper it gets. But in order to get the best pricing... we need to have enough guys in on it. 

I could just give a number based on one offs but then no one benefits. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 9:03 AM, lithiumus said:

Hey Ken,

Any chance you can update the Photobucket links?  Photobucket really wreaked havoc on a lot of forums by disabling 3rd party linking...  and yes, I'm interested but I'd like to see the pics then Ill PM you with a commitment, etc.  Thanks!

I second this. Could you please update the Photobucket links?

I'm very interested and willing to commit once I have more information and pictures of what to expect. 

• 2 weeks later...