KCP First Order F-11D Studio Replica Blaster

Put me on the list.  But I'm interested in seeing the prototype and understanding the cost.  If this is a $1000 dollar blaster, that's probably a non-starter for me.

Same here... tentatively interested pending pricing.

Ken, I assume all of the aluminum parts on the blaster will be real metal on your version?

As stated in throughout the thread, the prop will be 100% exact to the screen used guns. All parts that were metal I will be cnc machining out of aluminum. All plastic parts, I will be using a two part thermo-set high performance plastic. All grip pads will be cast rubber... including the trigger. All fasteners will be the exact size, lengths, and finish as used on the screen guns. And.... all kits will have the exact flashlight that was used. The torch will already be permanately sealed in the plastic pullout housing and the bezel ring already permanately mounted to the lens bezel of the flashlight. This is exact to the studio setup but I'm doing this on my end as I would like to protect the identity of the make/model of the torch that was used. The front sight cover will be laser cut acrylic thermo formed to final shape... just like the original. <br><br>

The only thing I'm doing different is casting the grip pads out of black rubber. However, anyone that wishes plastic as the screen guns had, I will cast them plastic.<br><br>

Cheers

Same - I'm in with the same reservations as everyone else. Everything looks amazing!! A quick question and it might sound completely off the wall but it's in regard to the d ring holder placement

In the two blasters I have assembled- the d ring came installed vertically which I assumed was wrong. The blaster "screen used" (and I use that lightly ) that they have on display at Disney Launch Bay has it installed horizontally. Just like the blasters their terrible looking troopers carry (their blasters actually look pretty darn good)

Why is yours positioned diagonally?

Edited by Pencap510

The aluminum sling ring on the back has a screw that threads into it from inside. It swivels. The placement must be purely something Disney did on their display. But, you can spin that piece. some of the guns production made were glued in place while others were screwed and could spin. Mine will be exact and screwed into place... snug but can spin.

• Like 1

TY... are you curious how accurate my CAD is or a prop you took pictures of?

The prop Disney displays - I guess I assumed theirs was spot on as most of the launch bay displayed models/movie used props seems spot on, and though I can't notice any differences I'm sure there are some

The prop Disney displays - I guess I assumed theirs was spot on as most of the launch bay displayed models/movie used props seems spot on, and though I can't notice any differences I'm sure there are some

There are some between KCP's and this one, but only because there is a lot of different screen-used blasters. For what it's worth and if you want a second opinion, I can assure you that Ken's blaster is absolutely identical to the version he is replicating.

Edited by The5thHorseman