KCP First Order F-11D Studio Replica Blaster

On 8/4/2016 at 1:55 PM, kcpstudio said:

Just a little sneak peak. Enjoy!

j7ColTS.jpg

I can definitely attest of the high quality! I see you even have the notch for the switch carved into the magazine right where it should be.

That "Mid Grade Hero" blaster will be beautiful! (love the way of naming it by the way)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Yeah... not sure why the studio called this particular piece a "Mid Grade Hero". Anyway, as you know first hand Germain, there is a ton of parts to this. Molding and casting will be.... well... let's just say interesting. Lol I think while Shawn is at my shop, we'll try and get as many to the guys that need them.

I'm not sure if Shawn is the same Shawn who did this amazing replica of the Nostromo pistol from A L I E N, and also the Se-14r from A New Hope, but if so I'm sure you guys will manage! That's still going to be a lot of work for sure.

• Like 1

Some more eye candy. And a peak at some close details not seen unless you had the prop right in front of you. I don't have the grip pads in the CAD pics because I may do all those in actual rubber vs the cast plastic used on the production guns. Enjoy!

j7ColTS.jpg

PSa57DF.jpg

WT3qOJy.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

There's more Germain. Just wait until I post all the pics and ask me some questions. Keep in mind, some details are not there due to the blaster needing to mount to the carrier lock on the leg. Otherwise, you'll be going back to your drawing board again. I'll point out the details you need to fix on your model when I get to that point. Let me finish up what's on my plate and get the rest of these pics posted. <br><br>

Cheers brother

There's more Germain. Just wait until I post all the pics and ask me some questions. Keep in mind, some details are not there due to the blaster needing to mount to the carrier lock on the leg. Otherwise, you'll be going back to your drawing board again. I'll point out the details you need to fix on your model when I get to that point. Let me finish up what's on my plate and get the rest of these pics posted. <br><br>

Cheers brother

Man, you're killing me!!

The most blatant thing for me right now is that I need to totally review my End Cap. I relied too much on the Sterling L2A3 End cap when I modelled it and seeing your pictures I realize I have pretty much everything wrong. 

But, for anyone who had his doubts, I think the renders you already posted show how genuine your CAD model is.

Oh... my model is genuine alright. Oink oink... wink wink. Lol<br><br>

Germain, if you want help getting your model adjusted, let me get a few things off my plate this weekend and I'll lend you a hand. I'll take a look at your model and let you know what changes you need to make. Yes, your end cap needs to be changed. <br><br>

Cheers brother

• Like 1

Don't worry Ken. Don't go wasting too much time checking my model against yours. I have never pretended for perfection, and I don't have much time to spend again on this F-11D. I'm happy to see that you're taking up the lead like that.

I know when I'm beat :D

• Like 1

Hi Germain... you're not beat at all bro. You did a fantastic job with the reference you had on hand. Like I said before, I was so fracking impressed by your model. The offer stands if you like to make corrections. No waste of time at all. It's just one fabricator helping another fellow fabricator. What are you using to do your designing? my primary design software is Solidworks.

• Like 1

Actually, I learned 3D Modelling not so long ago so I started with a frienly user software called "123D Design" by Autodesk. It's not very powerful and I often have to struggle with it, but pushing it to its limit is always challenging to me.

Anyway. I don't want to derail your thread Ken. Let's focus on your F-11D blaster!

Here's the Forearm Grip Pad details. Its hard to tell from this pic but... the prop actually has different diamond like patterns with various sizes and angles. Instead of the plastic cast ones found on the studio props, I'll be casting these out of black rubber.

8a27LWC.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

That's a toss up. Yes I could make a shucks ton of room for electronics. However, it comes down to if you guys want me to keep the CAD exact to the studio prop or mod it for additional electronics. The gun will already have the cavities for the same electronics used by production.

• Like 1

I'm looking to get one or two of these as a kit and installing my own electronics...keep it to the studio prop and I'll figure it out from there...

Yeah... I've been kicking around if I keep everything original or hollow out things. Once I get to that point, we'll have this discussion again. Jeff, on the bottom side of some of these parts, you could easily cut a channel and run additional electronics. I do have the sound files, so... we could go a tad crazy if we wanted to. Again, I'm almost ready to start a list. If you guys want one, I suggest you get on the list. I've got another scifi TV show just handed to me. I can't say what it is. But, for those of you in your late 40s, you will know this show. It's a reboot. Netflix just ordered a set of episodes. Im excited about this one. Yet another childhood show I'll be a part of the franchise. I also have yet a second scifi production and I have Deadpool sequel coming up. So, needless to say.... once I get this initial run done, I'll be tied up until I get breaks in between productions. At that point, I'll be making them to order.

• Like 1