Rogue One Death Trooper Build Thread

That muzzle looks a lot like a keyless drill chuck.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13MM-Keyless-Drill-Chuck-SDS-HBM-Power-Drill-Driver-Adaptor-W132-/310671934141Not an exact match but there's a number about.

It does. But that's how the connection for the barrel on the Rexim-Favor SMG it derives from looks, so it's "original".

gallery_12157_63_7640.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it's a Harley Roller buckle from either a parachute rig or ejector seat.<br>

Martin Baker Ejection Seat Strap-Assembly Yoke.

You are correct that it's a Harley Roller Buckle the other d-rings come from aircraft/aircrew safety harnesses too.

20160727_195346_zpsup84mv9e.jpg

20160815_234022_zpsirux8jxm.jpg

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I discovered that the military also has V rings on their tactical belts. I found out this by looking on eBay and I found some close enoughs, but they weren't SA enough. My Dad pulled out a belt he had and the belt buckle is nearly perfect. I'm not sure how wide it should be, but the shape/proportions look just right. The only difference is that it is rounded and black. All that needs to be done is removing the center adjusting bar, and then painting it aluminum with Rustoleum (?). I posted to the R1 Trooper Armoury group on Facebook, and they led me to a company called Condor, saying that their belts are much cheaper (this belt is expensive apparantly), so I may shoot for those. If you look them up on eBay, you can find it ("Condor Tactical Belt"). I'm still needing to track down the buckles. Marktoots, do you by any chance have a link to the buckles? I searched them on eBay, but with no results.

Also, does anyone have pics of how these 2 buckles are connected? I can't figure out how it's going to work, and also do these go on TOP of the straps of the DT, or do they actually serve as buckles for them?

Edited by Par_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! New to the thread, but I was wondering if anyone has started on the armor pieces? I'm really interested in doing a Rogue One Death Trooper but I haven't been able to find anyone that's started on the armor.

Hi.

Yes there are a few armour builders who are working on the Death Trooper armour as well as helmets, etc.

Due to the special operations nature of this character there is a lot of discussion on the armour over in the Spec Ops Detachment forum. There is also a Facebook group that is discussing all the R1 armour ("R1 Trooper Armory")

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a Pair of Jered on Ebay if someone wear that Size.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-MODERN-LEATHER-LACE-UP-DR-MARTENS-JERED-ANKLE-BOOTS-SIZE-UK-9-EUR-43-BLACK-/201688014467?hash=item2ef58ade83:g:tL4AAOSwNRdX~Ob1

I had to contact Dr. Martens directly and they only had large and really large size..... only one left in my size luckily.

Adding my photos from London in hopes that they help with builds and research. I'd like to do this as my next build but we'll see. :)
The low light made for slightly blurry images but they still show a lot of detail.

_DSF5069_resize.jpg

_DSF5068_resize.jpg

_DSF5067_resize.jpg

_DSF5066_resize.jpg

_DSF5065_resize.jpg

• Like 2

So haven't updated in a while, but have been slowly acquiring parts.

E655FEFC-FA47-4BB7-9F0E-88FC1E8CAD93_zps

MP40 pouch from Epic Militaria. Had to trim off an extra tab and color the stitching black.

47CFA5B3-3CF1-440B-B37D-A40FA60099F7_zps

SE-14c from Shawn Morgan with a scope from ebay

Ammo pouch - Condor Barrage Chest Rig with open face belt buckles

Green led finger lights for helmet

Yaya Han 4-way Pleather fabric for gaskets/poncho

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2016 at 7:04 PM, marktoots said:

You are correct that it's a Harley Roller Buckle the other d-rings come from aircraft/aircrew safety harnesses too.

20160727_195346_zpsup84mv9e.jpg

20160815_234022_zpsirux8jxm.jpg

Who makes the REAL shoulder buckles? Martin Baker is what I’ve found as the closest thing but they are not cheap and normally you have to buy the whole ejection harness. Hence the steep price tag. 

2 hours ago, Tboy7630 said:

Who makes the REAL shoulder buckles? Martin Baker is what I’ve found as the closest thing but they are not cheap and normally you have to buy the whole ejection harness. Hence the steep price tag. 

You might want to try these guys for info:

http://501stspecopsdet.net/

or the Death Troopers build page on facebook.  There is a ton of info on those sites.