Good evening. My name is Bobby. I just joined the forums over at the 501st Northeast Remnant after meeting them at the Atlantic City Boardwalk comic con and the Heroes and Villains Fan Fest in Secaucus, NJ. I am hoping to officially join the 501st soon. Just trying to debate which costume I want to make. I am leaning toward Stormtrooper as my first costume. Actually, I think I am decided that this will be my first. I'm hoping I can talk with some of you regarding your experiences in making a Stormtrooper costume, as well as reading up on the best places to buy the costume kits.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. 

Edited by RoadDoggBC

Hello and welcome aboard

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Booby welcome! Take a look at the getting started section. There are some vendors in there you can check out. Post up any specific questions and we will help get you squared away. Enjoy the journey!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Bobby and welcome to FISD! Like my buddy Allan said, check out the getting started thread and you will find most of the information you are looking for. Have fun and good luck!

• Like 1

Hello Bobby! Welcome to the FISD! What part are NJ are in?

• Like 1

Welcome Bobby.  As a new trooper myself, you'll find the boards here very informative.  I've been through the ringer with getting my armor together. The FISD folks, and my local garrison were both excellent resources.  It was very intimidating at first, but dont think for one second that you are alone.  These guys have the answers and are will to share, myself included!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you Eric. I really cannot wait until I finally have my costume!

Hi Booby welcome! Take a look at the getting started section. There are some vendors in there you can check out. Post up any specific questions and we will help get you squared away. Enjoy the journey!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you Allan for the welcome. I do plan on taking some time to read through the getting started section. I can't wait to get started!

Hey Bobby and welcome to FISD! Like my buddy Allan said, check out the getting started thread and you will find most of the information you are looking for. Have fun and good luck!

Hello Steve. I plan on having a ton of fun. Thank you!

Welcome Bobby.  As a new trooper myself, you'll find the boards here very informative.  I've been through the ringer with getting my armor together. The FISD folks, and my local garrison were both excellent resources.  It was very intimidating at first, but dont think for one second that you are alone.  These guys have the answers and are will to share, myself included!

Hello Jesse. I was sitting in work today thinking to myself, WHAT DID I DO DECIDING TO MAKE A STORMTROOPER???? I started thinking this costume was going to be a pain to make. But I noticed so many members are Stormtroopers. Can't be too too difficult if so many troopers are here. And I am sure many are like me, or were like I am now, wondering (or wondered) if they would even be successful in making a costume. But I will give it my best shot. And I am thankful so many people on here and on the 501stNER are so understanding, patient, and helpful!

Hello Jesse. I was sitting in work today thinking to myself, WHAT DID I DO DECIDING TO MAKE A STORMTROOPER???? I started thinking this costume was going to be a pain to make. But I noticed so many members are Stormtroopers. Can't be too too difficult if so many troopers are here. And I am sure many are like me, or were like I am now, wondering (or wondered) if they would even be successful in making a costume. But I will give it my best shot. And I am thankful so many people on here and on the 501stNER are so understanding, patient, and helpful!

I was in the same boat.  Go through some of the build tutorials. I believe Ukswrath has an excellent tutorial on ANH stunt.  There are also different levels of certifications for your kit.  The CRLs on the 501st site (visual guides) will show you what is required for basic approval (in black), and then followed by Expert Infantryman (in blue) and ultimately, Centurion (in red).

Start with the basics and get your fit right. We're here to help, myself included. I can tell you, getting approved is one of the best feelings in the world.  The moment that all those hours pay off and you get that email with your TK ID.  

Also - check in with your local garrison and get out there and SQUIRE.  Sign up for an event and see what happens on a troop and get to know your local folks as well. There's a wealth of information to gain.

• Like 1

I was in the same boat.  Go through some of the build tutorials. I believe Ukswrath has an excellent tutorial on ANH stunt.  There are also different levels of certifications for your kit.  The CRLs on the 501st site (visual guides) will show you what is required for basic approval (in black), and then followed by Expert Infantryman (in blue) and ultimately, Centurion (in red).

Start with the basics and get your fit right. We're here to help, myself included. I can tell you, getting approved is one of the best feelings in the world.  The moment that all those hours pay off and you get that email with your TK ID.  

Also - check in with your local garrison and get out there and SQUIRE.  Sign up for an event and see what happens on a troop and get to know your local folks as well. There's a wealth of information to gain.

OK well I think I already have found a potential issue. Maybe it isn't, but maybe it is. So, basically, admitting here, I'm not a thin guy. I got meat on my bones LOL. Anyways, from the looks of it, my waist size may be a 44. Honestly, I'm unsure of that cause my jeans are 44 but they are loose on me, I mean, i put on a belt to the last hole and still the jeans feel loose. Everything I am finding as far as Stormtrooper kits seems to fit waist sizes up to MAYBE 42. Sounds like I may not be a fit, body wise for a trooper. 

We all have different body types, and there a plenty of troopers here that don't fit the movie mold. Keep in mind that technically the ab plate and kidney plate do not need to close all of the way. You can have gaps on the side for basic level approval.

However, you can also shim the sides to close all of the way with some extra ABS. You will learn all about how to do that here if that is the path you eventually take. Look at the various vetted armor makers on the getting started page and see what sounds right for you. AM may be a good choice. We are here to help with the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey yo, Bobby!

That's my best Jersey impression.

Check the build threads, there are troopers of all sizes here. You'll find the info you need.

And welcome to the beginning of a medical journey.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk