Shadow Trooper Questions?

So recently I came across a local here in Fayetteville who is selling Shadow Trooper Armor for $300. I'm going over to his house this weekend to inspect the Armor, and take pics to post here (to get everyone's opinion), but considering my son wants to join the 501st, and we've been looking for an affordable option that includes Armor (he wants TK or Tie Armor), I figure if the kit is legit, the price is right. My only concern is the guy isn't in the 501st, and honestly never heard of the organization. He bought the Armor years ago, and wore it to movie premiers and events, but never happened across a 501st member (I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, considering there are so few of us in Fayetteville). My question is, I've been out of the Armor game so long, and I know my FX Armor I wore back between 2002-2005 probably wouldn't pass today, what should I look for?<br><br>

Here's a pic he provided of the Armor. He said he bought it second hand years ago. I've compared it to pics of the poopie Supreme Armor Rubies sells, and this looks like a legit Fan / Artisan Kit, and not some commercial garbage. Plus it looks to have a Pauldron, which isn't standard to the Commercial kits... Like I said I'll post more pics after I go to his house...------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Well, the shadow Stormtrooper is actual part of the Spec Ops detachment, not FISD. You can find them here: http://www.501stspecopsdet.net

The armor itself looks like classic FX armor which can be approved, with some tweaks. I can't really tell from the photo but the helmet also looks like an FX which cannot be approved. Those are wonky and too large, called Frankenbuckets by some.

Anyways, the cost is about what it's worth but may not be all you hope for in armor. I'd go on the Spec Ops site and chat about it over there and you might even find a better setup that can be approved.

Hope this helps!