Rogue One Gaskets

Troopscoop

This has to be a commercially made material?

Yes i think so they will not create a new material :-)

The only question is what material is it and where to buy

It's also called industrial mesh. All the local fabric stores have something similar, in black, but it's all too big of weave. I ordered from a photo. I'll be going to Seattle to visit my textile warehouse to see what they have for me. We have matched the material for the webbing already, which is Nylon. We have it in stock, but we are wanting to get all of the parts together before we offer anything.

• Like 2

I've been looking at the neck seals on the Shore trooper tonight and just gone back to the DT. They aren't the same.

The shore looks to be using a foam rubber material, and there's a zip at the back. For the DT they are using that cloth covered material I mentioned before, the textures are clearly different on both when viewed at high resolution.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya All!

Thought you might find these images useful .. I know plenty of them are awash over the net, but here are detailed images of the 3 types of Shoretroopers as shown at SWCE ..

https://www.facebook.com/683878695009366/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1168362669894297

• 2 months later...

adding a thin foam backing to the spandex, and stitching, can create the rib effect shown in the picture. similar to car upholstery detail

i'm sure whom ever sewed this had access to state of the art machines in order sew in perfect parallel rows. Look at the stitch pattern. The stitching matches across all rows as if it was stitched all at once with multiple needles in unison. Im sure china can pull this off.

Edited by cjdesign

• 2 weeks later...

So this is what I bought. I bought 2 of the Navy colored sweaters. While they definately have a little bit of a weave, kinda similar to Netslave's, I think they'll pass basic. I'm going to be dyeing them black, and using 1 for the knee gaskets. ---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

My eBay sweaters came for my R1 TK. What does everyone think? Cotton, should pass basic, and very thin too!

Here's the link, they appear to be all out of ribbed shirts (the others are not ribbed).----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 year later...
Guest Banjo Billy

The gasket material almost looks like faux leather, or thick foam backed vinyl with the lines sewn it? I've been looking everywhere for the material to make a patroltrooper undersuit. 

• 7 months later...

I have a few questions about the gaskets/undersuit for the TK.

On 7/20/2016 at 8:15 PM, themaninthesuitcase said:

Per Chris’s reference album... back up about 20 photos for the ROTK.

Zoom in on the right side of the butt...that almost looks like denim. Sweatpants? What is that material? You can see very fine ribbing.

-----------

And if you look at this photo - it looks like the right arm gasket at the shoulder has much larger ribs than the left side. Is that correct or am I seeing things? Even if it is different, it’s not in the CRL, so it shouldn’t matter, correct?

-----------

I haven’t found RO harness detail yet, is there a post for that?

Thanks everyone!

Edited by gmrhodes13