Rogue One Gaskets

Troopscoop

The Entertainment Weekly photo spread from a couple weeks ago confirmed that Rogue One stormtroopers have gaskets. Today however, we've learned that the shoretrooper and stormtrooper appear to have cloth gaskets--different from the TFA trooper and the Rogue One Death Trooper. What are your thoughts on the material being used?

3ymIIaG.jpg

Although Disney could probably make their own cloth gaskets similar to what Imperial Gaskets is doing, the material looks like corduroy fabric this time around. It's not as prominent a rib as the rubber gaskets. It kind of looks like this.

rBVtVnL.jpg

Wishful thinking? A quick google search pulls up nothing for black corduroy sweaters or long sleeved shirts, but is it too crazy to think that they'd just get a hundred yards of the material and make their own undersuits?

Also--woot for actual vents instead of stickers and a vocoder that's not painted on!

I'm trying to figure out the boots on the shore trooper. Both boots have a logo visible on them and I cannot figure it out. <br><br>

Then there is the backpack on the TK...it's odd and that too I'm trying to figure out. The metal greeblie on it should help locate it.

• Like 1

The gaskets aren't gaskets. The entire under suit is that ribbed material. <br><br>

Also I took a ton of reference photos of the shore trooper and TK's...

The Mrs. can do that.

I'm trying to figure out the boots on the shore trooper. Both boots have a logo visible on them and I cannot figure it out. <br><br>

Then there is the backpack on the TK...it's odd and that too I'm trying to figure out. The metal greeblie on it should help locate it.

https://www.ardmoor.co.uk/orca-bay-brecon-chelsea-boots-ob-brecon

I chose the 'Elk' color as the 'Havana' have a  texture that I don't think matches the reference pics. Either way, with weathering, I don't think it'll matter which you get. 

And the pouch is a Yugoslavian M56 ammo pouch. 

On 7/19/2016 at 5:55 AM, netslave said:

I have an old sweater that I think could pass as gaskets in a pinch. -------

I've been searching online for corduroy type sweaters or long sleeved shirts. Was beginning to think they didn't exist! That does kind of look like those gaskets. They're definitely not as prominently ribbed as TFA.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

https://www.ardmoor.co.uk/orca-bay-brecon-chelsea-boots-ob-brecon

I chose the 'Elk' color as the 'Havana' have a texture that I don't think matches the reference pics. Either way, with weathering, I don't think it'll matter which you get.

And the pouch is a Yugoslavian M56 ammo pouch.

You're dead on. Those are the ones I ordered. From a different site tho. And you'll need the mag pouch with the oiler pouch too. The oiler pouch is on the back of the belt.

As for gaskets, like it was stated. The arms and chest are that material. I thought corduroy too. Also, on some pics, you can see the material change when it gets to the rib area. Like a sport mesh type material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

40dd3b4f34a5c8b0a39e3818e0aee6be.jpg3474bfa30b3a89ff7a2c0b8aaea28918.jpg

Here you can see the fabric change. Under the armpit. Good ventilation.

I had a look at these at CE at it's not corduroy.  If I had to guess it looks similar to a jersey type of material hoodies are made from.

Reference image:

28090083610_994ab22afa_z.jpg

Rogue One Shoretrooper Reference CE 2016 by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

If you click through you'll be able to see the full res version on flickr, there's also more for the shore, death and new TK on there.

These are some great pics! Seeing more details than I've seen in other pics.

These are some great pics! Seeing more details than I've seen in other pics.

Me too. We are sourcing the fabric this week. I'll post pictures as soon as we find a match.

The one stormtrooper looks like he has rubber gaskets with a finer rib.

• Like 1

Orca Bay Brecon Gents Chelsea Boots

Saw someone else posted the info up. I'm in Paris right now and I'm going to try and find a pair in the correct color. :D

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On a DT but I'd be amazed if it's not the same stuff on the shores neck seal (which appears to attach direct to the under suit)

27755437954_6811b10d8f_c.jpg
Rogue One Death Trooper Reference CE 2016 by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Bottom left corner, right of the webbing you can see a cut edge of the gasket material (not the under suit). It appears to be a cloth covered neoprene or rubber. This looks to be used for all the "rubber" looking gaskets and neck seal, perhaps in a different size.

This has to be a commercially made material?