EVA foam TD armor for my daughter.

iconoclasta_88

Hi everybody.

It's been a while since I last posted, even longer since I started a thread.

Due mainly to a change in work line after being unemployed for a few months, and the lack of progress in any armor related projects or trooping.

But, here I am again...

And this time, wanted to share with you what I have been working in for the last few weeks: an EVA foam Sandtrooper armor for my daughter Vale.

She is 5 years old and finally asked me to build her an armor. She first asked for a pint "Princess Sandtrooper" armor, to follow her "Princess Darth Vader" one I built for her last year. So I got a WTF's children's kit and started making up my mind to paint pink a perfectly white armor.

Then the big brown box arrived and when she saw the armor, out of  the blue asked me to keep it white, add some sand and lose the tutu. I was really excited, a real armor... But then, she was to short for the armor to fit. So I opted to build the helmet and complete it with an EVA foam armor. 

I worked it all from scratch, drawing and matching the patterns on newspaper, and then taking it to the actual foam. Fitting and modying... working out the details and fixing my own mistakes. I wanted the armor to look as close to the real thing as possible. There are many things that are impossible to achieve of course, but so far I think I am getting close to what I thought it should be. 

Here are a few pictures, hope you find it interesting and exciting... my daughter has mixed feelings so far. She is not keen of so many fitting sessions and the so, and still has not seen the big picture, but still very excited about being a Santrooper like her dad. :)

This is what we first designed for her armor:

post-3106-0-49685000-1468352892_thumb.jpg

But, then she changed her mind...

And we started to work on her sandy armor.

post-3106-0-64159400-1468352726_thumb.jpg

post-3106-0-21286300-1468352738_thumb.jpg

I wanted to make it as accurate as possible.

post-3106-0-29860100-1468352807_thumb.jpg

Even on the insides.

post-3106-0-97597600-1468352884_thumb.jpg

Still a lot to do. Shoulder bells, buttpiece, details on the backplate, handplates, thighs and shins... Also need to make the ammo pouches and work something out to have the screws inside the bucket hidden to avoid any danger for her.

Weapong will be my old modified Hasbro E11. 

And need to do something about the boots. Don`t know if I will get plastic ones, or just let her wear snickers. 

What do you think?

Progress and pictures to come.

Saludos.

• Like 2

THX for your comments Bros.

Here is a small update.

Finished the whole torso with details and missing plates.

And had the first real fitting.

Vale was excited and so was my wife. And me of course.

;)

8B478EC7-F3B7-4B0B-B27F-B2AC1D3FE4E5_zps

B2D90462-084D-4F7A-A67D-E9D88E680429_zps

More to come soon.

Saludos.

• Like 5

This is amazing!<br>

A couple of questions if you don't mind?<br>

Is it a standard size helmet?<br>

Are you using CA superglue for armour?

Too adorable!!!!!! If it was approvable, my armor would be bright pink hahaha!!!

Nuts to that. I approve of bright pink armor. I'm a dude that wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink. Now pink armor? I'd totally rock that!

• Like 3

This is amazing!

A couple of questions if you don't mind?

Is it a standard size helmet?

Unless I'm mistaken, Travis mentioned that he originally purchased a WTF kid's TK kit, which means that the bucket is about 80% full scale.

Unless I'm mistaken, Travis mentioned that he originally purchased a WTF kid's TK kit, which means that the bucket is about 80% full scale.

Aah cool, thanks.

Hey Bros!!

Thx for all your comments.

Yes, pink armor would look great. 

Just like her pink Darth Vader costume...

post-3106-0-76114200-1468530448_thumb.jpg

:)

This is amazing!<br>
A couple of questions if you don't mind?<br>
Is it a standard size helmet?<br>
Are you using CA superglue for armour?

About the helmet. 
Yes, it is a kid's WTF's armor, but afaik, it is from one of his previous armor runs, so it is smaller than the one he has available right now. I can tell you just by the looks of the parts, maybe not so much the helmet, that the armor is smaller than 80% the size of a regular one. 

About the glue... for armor I always use transparent E600 and a bit of white E600 for the looks of black elastic glued to the interior of limbs. 

Fot this project, I used just hot glue from a gun directly to the foam. Worked perfectly. Has a few seconds of game for me to position, just a bit. But then it stays and if you try to remove parts, it will rip the foam apart.

Hope that helps.

Saludos

Edited by iconoclasta_88
  • Like 1

Armor is all finished and awaiting for weathering. 

I am very happy with how it turned out. And except for a little mistake on the insides regarding the strapping of the ab to the kidney plate and a little detail on the shin cover strips, I think it came out way better than I thought. 

I added many details as in the real ANH armor regarding shape and trimming. Maybe they wont be noticeable but I know they are there and thats enough for me... ;)

I can't upload pictures from my office connection, but will try to add some later from my cell.

Saludos.

• Like 1

Here they are. Pictures of the finished armor and some details.

Hope you like it.

Saludos.

C3F13B1B-67AA-49A1-AFFF-4C102F791436_zps

605DD85A-ADDA-4056-A90D-9263FA963BAF_zps

300D2DCE-5544-46A1-9B3F-F0334E1A6EB9_zps

EA40E34B-09CC-4467-B61B-C1B958CB0EBA_zps

8D8EA333-5982-48B0-8CF7-941BFD23C45A_zps

7412565B-AD30-482E-905A-F29313F77131_zps

591832B8-D91E-4B33-A501-F8D40EF9DF92_zps

Edited by iconoclasta_88
  • Like 2

Thx for your kind comments!

I am now looking for a good looking undersuit. Most likely will settle for ballet tights and long sleeve top.

Also looking for gloves and think we will opt for all white sneakers.

I'll post more Picts of the next suit up soon.

Saludos.

• Like 1

Too adorable!!!!!! If it was approvable, my armor would be bright pink hahaha!!!

After approval you can do whatever you want. Just not for official troops....
  • Like 1

This! This is absolutely amazing and awesome job putting it together. Like Jeff said most adorable trooper ever.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1