bowski's noOb MTK build

I just finished doing the lenses on mine. I cut my lenses in 5 inch sections (To fit my mounting posts). I then used a heat gun on low setting while bending them further than i wanted them to be. Got them fairly warm, then ran them over cold water while still holding them with an exaggerated bend. Repeat a couple of time until you get the curve you need. It doesn't take much of a curve to make them fit. I then trimmed them up so I didn't have a lot of excess material to possible rub my nose or something. The lenses supplied are nice and thick but take a little work to get a curve in them.

• Like 1

Do many people disconnect the cod from the abdomen and use strapping? I saw it in Pandatrooper's old build thread.

If I don't do that I might need to trim the top of the abdomen. 

Hey Jill, 

I trimmed a bit off the top of my ab (and have since rebuilt the return on it), but I also cut the cod to fit my 5'4" height.  In case you haven't made the leap yet, here's what I did.  Very happy with how things fit now!

Thank you so much for linking me to that Cricket. I had put it aside to think about. Your thread is wicked helpful!! I think I'm going to try to replicate what you did. I think I'll be able to get away with just trimming and reattaching the cod. I was just nervous on making the leap lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been busy lately so my build has been on a back burner. Luckily I'm not in a rush. 

However I curved my lenses, glued in some Chicago screws, and set the lenses in. I ended up using modeling clay for the bottom screw on each lens. I molded the clay around the screw and then set it in place. Then let the clay air dry overnight and glue the clay into place. 

bp6yBTu.jpg?1

• Like 1

I've been busy lately so my build has been on a back burner. Luckily I'm not in a rush.

However I curved my lenses, glued in some Chicago screws, and set the lenses in. I ended up using modeling clay for the bottom screw on each lens. I molded the clay around the screw and then set it in place. Then let the clay air dry overnight and glue the clay into place.

bp6yBTu.jpg?1

Looking good trooper! That's how I installed my lenses.

Marc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...