CptCasey's ANH Stunt Build Thread [MTK]

Let me know what you think. I think I'm essentially finished. I need to polish the armor and add some foam to the thighs so they sit straight. Also need to figure our out how to keep the shins from twisting.

IMG_4031_zpsj5ajmmio.jpg

IMG_4032_zpsqhyhjkly.jpg

IMG_4035_zpsadmmdcfy.jpg

IMG_4037_zpsoayfieif.jpg

IMG_4039_zps7uf7y3tc.jpg

IMG_4038_zpso8rr7yen.jpg

IMG_4040_zpszhuferqs.jpg

My wife took the photos in a hurry. I've got a buddy who is a professional photographer that has an eye for details so he's going to help me take submission photos once my hyperfirm e-11 arrives (FedEx says Tuesday). Any tips on the photography side  that I can share with him?

Edited by CptCasey

I saw that after I took the picture. Shins are definitely high. This is my first time putting it all on. It kinda hard to see how things look on you and my wife has no idea how things are suppose to look. I don't see how someone could put all this on by themselves. 

Looking Good Justin. Your TK fits you well.

A few things I saw are:

. your elastic shoulder straps are being pulled out, exposing them.  Try to restrain them with your abs shoulder straps or a thin metal insert glued to the elastic.

. the tube stripes on the right side of your helmet are out of alignment. They should be a consistent pencils width away from the side of your bucket

. move those shins down

. your drop boxes have drifted too far to the outsides of your belt

. your back plate is overlapping your kidney plate. It might just be the way you are standing, but check your strapping.

:duim:

Thanks Brad

-I see what you are talking about the shoulder straps, but not really following how to fix them. Any tutorial or pics that you can link for me. I've started searching the forums, but not really seeing anything on the straps.
-I never noticed that my tube stripes drifted to the side on the right. Good catch.
-gotcha on the shins. That was one of the first things I noticed. That and the back plate overlapping. Those are fixed. 
-I was worried about the drop boxes being too far in that I think i secured them to far out. 

Planing on working on these issue this weekend. 

Thanks Brad

-I see what you are talking about the shoulder straps, but not really following how to fix them. Any tutorial or pics that you can link for me. I've started searching the forums, but not really seeing anything on the straps.

-I never noticed that my tube stripes drifted to the side on the right. Good catch.

-gotcha on the shins. That was one of the first things I noticed. That and the back plate overlapping. Those are fixed. 

-I was worried about the drop boxes being too far in that I think i secured them to far out. 

Planing on working on these issue this weekend. 

I think Brad means to shorten your shoulder straps pulling the back and chest plates closer together at the same time drawing the bells closer.

The tube strips should be a #2 pencil width from the face but were not going to make you pull out a ruler. Just ensure they're straight as possible.

Drop boxes edge should be aligned with the end of the ammo belt.

Beautiful job  :duim:

Busy weekend. Didn't get to work on my armor. Plan on fixing the belt tonight. Good new is that my Hyperfirm E-11 came in. I think she needs name. 

0996D42B-4D95-4E47-A176-365827C88873_zps

6C0EACDC-0C10-4763-ABC0-1E8B3B106B3B_zps

Edited by CptCasey

• 1 month later...

Been slacking a bit but everything is fixed. Drop boxes look good and ordered new set of tube stripes and fixed that issue. Readjusted the back of the shins and added some bootstraps to them. Shortened up the should straps and they look really good now.

Saturday, I did a photo shoot with my buddy for submission pictures. He should have the pictures to me this week so I can finally submit to my GML for approval. From what I've seen, they look fantastic. I'm so excited to get them back. 

Got my photos back and they turned out great. It's one thing to see the pieces of your armor and put them on, but it's amazing to see photos of you yourself in armor. 

Submitted my application and photos to my GML. Now it's the waiting game to hear back.

Here are some of my favorite shot. 

JustinCasey_097_0317_zpsqmswl35v.jpg

JustinCasey_111_0317_zps9s7njy0l.jpg

Edited by CptCasey

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Passed EIB, need to make a few adjustment and then march into centurion. Also I'm working on my electronics for my helmet. Will post more once I'm actually done.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Submitted for centurion. Had to fix a snap on the belt, adjust the sniper knee a little, and tighten up my thigh straps. Prolly took me longer to suit up than it did to fix it. Almost done with electronics. Life has been super busy. I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of new things.

Finished the electronics in my helmet. Pretty much followed Ukswrath's gen 4 electronics thread. Using a Antigravity sport 12v and 5v into a cat5 cable that goes to bucket. It's running two sets of fans on a custom bracket, a ROM/FX with hovi speakers, and Ukswrath's SHA. It was really fun to put together.

BB7C122E-4D3B-4B17-96A1-624E79C80E18_zps

DA53A4DB-B7D4-436B-8EB3-F693077FB143_zps

So finished my electronics in time my first troop. March of Dimes's March for Babies. Had such a great time and met some really great people in my garrison. Can't wait to do it again. 

Oh...and I made centurion today!

Edited by CptCasey

Fixed all the old photobucket links 

Edit: After if fixed all the links, my server died. I'm working on restoring my server, but might be a few days before I get everything back up and running.

Edited by CptCasey

Excellent move, Photobucket have caused plenty of major issues for our forums over the last few years and trying to fix that has been a massive undertaking.

Thank you for taking action on yours.:duim: