Emma's First ANH Stunt [WTF] - any help is appreciated!

A month and a half into waiting for my boots from Imperial Warfighters and they arrived today! Some pictures and a few observations:

Iu7BGRU.jpg

The boots came painted, with one or two chips in it, likely from shipping. This is easily fixable with a dab of white paint or even White-Out.

The logo on the back tabs is what concerns me. They need to be all-black, yes? How do I go about painting elastic? Can I try filling it in with sharpie? Will that work?

axVqwpZ.jpg

There are other some rough patches I might clean up with paint. What paint should I use? Not the same white gloss I used for the hard armor, or do I do that?

BMFcNRO.jpg

bkmj8HW.jpg

Overall, pretty worth the money and wait time, but just a few modifications I have to make. Any advice on how to fix the paint job and cover up the black tabs on the heel would be much appreciated!

I also tried them on- they are a bit roomy but narrow, so some foam in the heel or toe might be enough to make it more snug. Otherwise, they fit as well as I had expected.

Otherwise progress has been slow. I've had a few other projects distracting me but I want to keep pushing on this project before I go back to school (which will be about a month from now--- ah!).

Edited by EmlanThane

I have tabs on the front of mine, a loop of elastic through with snaps on the end which attach to the inner front of the shins, helps to keep them straight and pulled down when bending ;) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

I am off to school soon and must put this project on hold once again. While my progress tapered off toward the end of the summer, I think I did a lot of good work and I'm happy with what I did. I'll be back!! 

*temporarily vanishes into the shadows for a few months for school*

• Like 1

I hope school goes well for you, Emma! My wife are both in the education field, so it’s all very much on our minds now. We here will look forward to seeing your TK progress when you get back to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1