Emma's First ANH Stunt [WTF] - any help is appreciated!

Last post of the day. Trimmed the biceps (usual comparison photos below) My brother is playing video games in the basement so I'll have to save the very loud fine-tuning with the Dremel for tomorrow. 

vRMmShJ.jpg&key=073c07c6f6c478ef33caf33adbf4e3690d5a48aee7b6fdebb54882136f2d6dbb
uatYKT0.jpg&key=99123f3bde1445c5321f1f6540daba9e6c51dd365e11ed7598c1fa4d756b26b1

Lastly, I put what I /think/ is the right pairings of biceps next to each other. If they are labelled 1-4 top to bottom, then the pairings would be 1/2 and 3/4. 

cDuXjcz.jpg&key=53dc3e26181f24aab0591ec7355dc7185bc93e70c2fac2256750553eda972ab1

It's so hard to tell. The biceps sort of have this outward curve that makes it somewhat better to tell which is which but also the edges don't line up very nicely... I'll have to do what I can with the dremel tomorrow and then pray that cover strips will mend all. Surely I'll get better at this as time goes on? One can hope...

Felt like I've made some good progress in two days time!

Last post of the day. Trimmed the biceps (usual comparison photos below) My brother is playing video games in the basement so I'll have to save the very loud fine-tuning with the Dremel for tomorrow. 

vRMmShJ.jpg&key=073c07c6f6c478ef33caf33adbf4e3690d5a48aee7b6fdebb54882136f2d6dbb
uatYKT0.jpg&key=99123f3bde1445c5321f1f6540daba9e6c51dd365e11ed7598c1fa4d756b26b1

Lastly, I put what I /think/ is the right pairings of biceps next to each other. If they are labelled 1-4 top to bottom, then the pairings would be 1/2 and 3/4. 

cDuXjcz.jpg&key=53dc3e26181f24aab0591ec7355dc7185bc93e70c2fac2256750553eda972ab1

It's so hard to tell. The biceps sort of have this outward curve that makes it somewhat better to tell which is which but also the edges don't line up very nicely... I'll have to do what I can with the dremel tomorrow and then pray that cover strips will mend all. Surely I'll get better at this as time goes on? One can hope...

Felt like I've made some good progress in two days time!

The one with the “thumb print” is the left side. (Top:left, bottom:right) mines a 4 year old WTF kit too. 8d8e83284689b677346e4e316c69823b.jpg
00a1cbb8eebca193482ceffe63e37a86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, EmlanThane said:

I used some scrap strip cut to approximately 15mm wide and trimmed to to length of the forearm- I covered the strip in E6000 and in one fowl messy clumsy swoop, clamped both halves to the inner cover strip  and quickly secured with magnets.

Hi, looking good, E6000 gluing is always challenging because of the swoop :laugh1:. just a quick question :

Did you left the 7.5 mm from the internal edge in the black arrows direction ? I say this because It looks ,( I'm not sure if it's a light effect or not) like the cover strip didn't cover the edge? It's not a big Deal but is a personal option.

iKb9hVT.jpg

UCXTO6m.jpg

For the Biceps pairing, take a look to this page

Cheers.

Edited by TKSpartan
add info

6 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, looking good, E6000 gluing is always challenging because of the swoop :laugh1:. just a quick question :

Did you left the 7.5 mm from the internal edge in the black arrows direction ? I say this because It looks ,( I'm not sure if it's a light effect or not) like the cover strip didn't cover the edge? It's not a big Deal but is a personal option.

iKb9hVT.jpg

UCXTO6m.jpg

For the Biceps pairing, take a look to this page

Cheers.

I’m not sure I entirely understand what you’re asking, I’m sorry. After I made those marks with the pencil I trimmed down to a 7.5mm thickness (that photo with the trimmed edge is not shown), then when I glued the cover strip I put it on the inside so it’s not visible. The second cover strip will go on the outside.  Do you mind rephrasing the question or does that answer it? Thank you for the link to biceps info!

8 minutes ago, EmlanThane said:

I’m not sure I entirely understand what you’re asking, I’m sorry. After I made those marks with the pencil I trimmed down to a 7.5mm thickness (that photo with the trimmed edge is not shown), then when I glued the cover strip I put it on the inside so it’s not visible. The second cover strip will go on the outside.  Do you mind rephrasing the question or does that answer it? Thank you for the link to biceps info!

oh, Ok, I think I go it, the external cover Strip is not glued yet. is it?  Thats because I said if it was a ligth effect that it appears that the external cover Strip didn't cover the ridge ? Sorry . :56pullhair:

oh, Ok, I think I go it, the external cover Strip is not glued yet. is it?  Thats because I said if it was a ligth effect that it appears that the external cover Strip didn't cover the ridge ? Sorry . :56pullhair:

Yes that is correct! No outer cover strip glued yet- the gap is still visible because there is only a cover strip on the inside!

9 minutes ago, EmlanThane said:

Yes that is correct! No outer cover strip glued yet- the gap is still visible because there is only a cover strip on the inside!

Cool Emma, you're in the right path.

Cheers.

What happens if the cover strip is still 15mm but each bicep/forearm side is greater than 7.5mm? That is, is it allowed if the junction is thicker than the cover strip? My follow up question then would be how do you remove E6000.... my forearm junction width seems slightly variable (some points it is 15mm, others 20mm)... I am frustrated that I can't seem to get a straight line... Plus, for the bicep... I am afraid if I have to go down to exactly 7.5mm per side, the opening will be too narrow for my wider arm.

BzA1TK0.jpg

Thank you in advance for help!

I have baby hands.... how are these for gloves? Hard to find chemical gloves in medium these days.... https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Resistant-Cleaning-Protective-Industrial/dp/B01MD0ZFQD/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=black+rubber+gloves+medium&qid=1590872800&sr=8-11

And for the E-11 blaster, https://www.etsy.com/listing/722047026/star-wars-e-11-blaster-rifle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e-11&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=096b96e5913b01370c3d119fbad2bd0ea9c9a150%3A722047026&frs=1 Is this acceptable? Not sure how to tell... Anyone know any reliable blaster vendors? I am not interested in assembling my own... I have enough on my plate right now as is :P

While I await information on the biceps and forearms joint length here, I began trimming the back. I left minimal return edge on the sides (can I remove it all/should I  remove it all to avoid cracks?) and left a whole lot of return edge on the bottom because I'm going to be using the bracket method to secure the torso.

CHJDx8k.jpg

wxCKJep.jpg

ryVXkf3.jpg

RMFXWx8.jpg

Similar trimming methods applied but my hand is getting bruised and battered from cutting thick plastic with baby scissors. Any larger and I can't be as precise with curves though. Bummer.

A quick question going back to the same issue I had with the biceps-

the cover strip doesn't completely cover the joint- there is some minor flat edge visible on either side. Is this sort of thing acceptable?? I have two pictures, one highlighting the gap and the other showing a mock (not real) outer cover strip from the side.

bksK91e.jpg

rUxfNIs.jpg

Excess armor on each side of the cover strip is expectable however, you want the cover strips to run the full length of the armor sections, EXCEPT for the lower thighs (front and back), and shins upper (back only).    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Excess armor on each side of the cover strip is expectable however, you want the cover strips to run the full length of the armor sections, EXCEPT for the lower thighs (front and back), and shins upper (back only).    

Yes, the mock cover strip above does not run the full length of the forearm because it was just a piece of scrap I picked up. Waiting on my new exacto knife to come in before I cut any real outer cover strips (which will be the proper length). Thank you for lessening my worry!

• Like 2

Last update of the night!

I trimmed the chest plate with scissors and a Dremel. Left a lot of return edge on the bottom (not sure if I can take more off, or if I'll be using that edge for part of assembly- may trim more if I find the bottom edge isn't useful) and little to none on the sides and top to prevent cracking and stress.

0RtN9Y1.jpg

bO6J9yI.jpg

4wKhC4R.jpg

81fJ9bD.jpg

Kq5mQdS.jpg

Lastly taped the back plate and chest plate on just to see how they fit by default:

iu447Dq.jpg

I'm nervous about getting these pieces to fit height wise, but there's plenty of resources out there about short TK's. I'm even more nervous about having this all fit width-wise. I'm on the heavier side for my height, so it's an added challenge. We will have to see how the kidney and ab plate connects when I trim those next. Wait until we get to the thighs...:peace:

The plan is: The WTF kidney/butt comes attached. Because I am using the bracket system to assemble the torso I will have to use heat to form new return edges on the top of the butt and bottom of the kidney where the cut will be made. That will be interesting..

For now I also glued the inner cover strip to the outer forearm for the right arm. I'm letting the left arm glue joint finish curing before putting any stress on it by joining the backside.

That's a wrap for tonight!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EmlanThane said:

I have baby hands.... how are these for gloves? Hard to find chemical gloves in medium these days.... https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Resistant-Cleaning-Protective-Industrial/dp/B01MD0ZFQD/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=black+rubber+gloves+medium&qid=1590872800&sr=8-11

And for the E-11 blaster, https://www.etsy.com/listing/722047026/star-wars-e-11-blaster-rifle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e-11&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=096b96e5913b01370c3d119fbad2bd0ea9c9a150%3A722047026&frs=1 Is this acceptable? Not sure how to tell... Anyone know any reliable blaster vendors? I am not interested in assembling my own... I have enough on my plate right now as is :P

Hi Emma, The Gloves are ok and the blaster is not acceptable , It 's not the ANH Style.  Mine is a "Praetorian Blasters"  one, It;s not the cheaper but a great one. 

Another suggestion is when testing the armor parts It would be better if you wear the inner black clothes that you're going to use with it.

Cheers  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan

Hi Emma, The Gloves are ok and the blaster is not acceptable , It 's not the ANH Style.  Mine is a "Praetorian Blasters"  one, It;s not the cheaper but a great one. 

Another suggestion is when testing the armor parts It would be better if you wear the inner black clothes that you're going to use with it.

Cheers  :salute:

Thank you for your feedback! When I do official fittings I will definitely wear the proper inner clothing. This was just for fun but I’ll be sure to dress appropriately for the serious measurements.

Investigating under suit materials- I have black leggings I plan on wearing and am looking at a black compression top- I wonder if something like these are acceptable, or if the seams are problematic? I'm checking what other people have used here on this forum but lots of it is over my budget currently or not in stock in the proper size (I would probably be a large). 

1. https://www.amazon.com/TSLA-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Baselayer-Compression/dp/B07T454ZPY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=compression+top&qid=1590956768&sr=8-3

2. https://www.amazon.com/NEKO-SPORTS-Compression-Workout-X-Large/dp/B07DQW6TW7/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=compression+shirt+long+sleeve&qid=1590956259&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUjJNRURORjEzRDA1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDI3NjkwMUk0M0NZVFlQRUVWUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjA2NTkyM0lUT1NMTUlETFRFViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3. https://www.amazon.com/MSBASIC-Black-Sleeve-Shirt-Women/dp/B07GNCDRK6/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=lycra+top&qid=1590956561&sr=8-12

^This one doesn't have any seams and has more of a turtle neck, but it's a women's cut and might be too tight on me.^

Will get to work with trimming some more stuff later today- very exciting! My hand is starting to get bruised from using the scissors so much...

22 minutes ago, EmlanThane said:

Investigating under suit materials- I have black leggings I plan on wearing and am looking at a black compression top- I wonder if something like these are acceptable, or if the seams are problematic? I'm checking what other people have used here on this forum but lots of it is over my budget currently or not in stock in the proper size (I would probably be a large). 

1. https://www.amazon.com/TSLA-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Baselayer-Compression/dp/B07T454ZPY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=compression+top&qid=1590956768&sr=8-3

2. https://www.amazon.com/NEKO-SPORTS-Compression-Workout-X-Large/dp/B07DQW6TW7/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=compression+shirt+long+sleeve&qid=1590956259&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUjJNRURORjEzRDA1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDI3NjkwMUk0M0NZVFlQRUVWUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjA2NTkyM0lUT1NMTUlETFRFViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3. https://www.amazon.com/MSBASIC-Black-Sleeve-Shirt-Women/dp/B07GNCDRK6/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=lycra+top&qid=1590956561&sr=8-12

^This one doesn't have any seams and has more of a turtle neck, but it's a women's cut and might be too tight on me.^

Will get to work with trimming some more stuff later today- very exciting! My hand is starting to get bruised from using the scissors so much...

Hi Emma. I think you will not have a problem with number 1 and 2. I don't really like number 3, because that turtle neck can be too much when putting your Neck Seal, Especially when the sun starts to heat up:laugh1:...According to the CRL, the only requirement is:"Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos".

Regards.

• Like 2

Sivvan Women's Comfort Long Sleeve T-Shirt/Underscrub Tee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KY7HALU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rJc1Eb4QN2PXA

CompressionZ High Waisted Women's Leggings - Compression Pants for Yoga Running Gym & Everyday Fitness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015QOIGCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qKc1EbDBTSA3D

These should work pretty good for you and they are pretty affordable. Man there are a lot more options for women than there are for men!! :)

• Like 1

Ordered a compression top (listing number 1 above) in an XL (I used their sizing chart).  I personally am not a fan of female cut clothing because I don't have an inward curve to my body, and I plan on wearing a binder to compress my chest in costume. Waiting for my exacto knife to get here so I trimmed some other stuff that doesn't require straight edges- the abs! trimmed pics here:

r5UU340.jpg

P4M6jqX.jpg

MNiRa3R.jpg

yfmISbT.jpg

Again, I will wait to trim the top of the ab until I know how much return edge I need for brackets. And I plan on waiting till I have a rough fit of the thighs to trim the cod (which needs to be taken in anyway- I can hardly walk with it pressed against my body!) 

My question of the night is this: Is this gap between chest and ab normal? How do I remedy this gap- I've seen other people's chest plate sit naturally flesh to the ab... so what did I do wrong? DID I do anything wrong?

s2eXy5X.jpg

Probably will start gluing some more first inner cover strips ofnthe biceps but don't want to do outer cover strips until I have my exacto knife and second inner cover strips on the pieces I've already started glueing until I can fit the pieces properly with the undersuit on. Patience, patience, patience....I'm no jedi,  that's for sure....

You have quite a lot of return edge there

Gallery section can be of help ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You have quite a lot of return edge there

Gallery section can be of help ;) 

I'll trim the bottom of the chest and see what happens- I wanna make sure I have enough room for brackets, but I can't find a good rule-of-thumb width out there

28 minutes ago, EmlanThane said:

I'll trim the bottom of the chest and see what happens- I wanna make sure I have enough room for brackets, but I can't find a good rule-of-thumb width out there

• Like 1