Anyone know a good way to install a lens?

I have the typical sheet of transparent plastic that comes as standard with ATA helmets, I've seen multiple build threads but they all seem to brush over the lens with little acknowledgement. Is anyone able to give a detailed tutorial or suggest a tutorial on lens installation?

Thanks

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some trim it into 2 pieces and glue to the helmet. Others use the screws fit the ears to secure it to the helmet, like wrap-around style.

Does that help?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some trim it into 2 pieces and glue to the helmet. Others use the screws fit the ears to secure it to the helmet, like wrap-around style.

Does that help?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yes thank you! Do you think you could shed some more light on the screw attachment method? Likewise which one would you say is better?

Look up the TK 1636 YouTube channel then follow the tute in the 'helmet lenses' episode. Works great1

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2

He is using hockey goalie helmet face mask screws in this post.  I have tried this and it worked pretty well in my new ATA helmet. I used 4 screws and posts per eye though instead of 2 per eye.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28633-howto-ata-helmet-build-hand-painted-details-pic-heavy/?hl=%2Battaching+%2Blenses

Edited by veracious12b

On 7/15/2016 at 4:58 AM, Punisher2-2 said:

TK 4205, nice approach to the lens install, I second the previous post with a request for some more elaboration on the process...looks very well put together.

The inside of that bucket is 100% sexy. Here's another pic TK4205 posted in another thread (sorry, not sure how to format picture posts)

Ow47CmC.jpg

I'd pay good money one day to have the inside of my bucket look like that.

• Like 1

I agree, nice job! Put a link in this thread, if you don't mind, once you set up a tutorial thread. ;)

All that said, I wouldn't want my eyes to perfectly seal against the helmet. The extra airflow from the the slots around the edges is pretty important on hot troops.

I agree, nice job! Put a link in this thread, if you don't mind, once you set up a tutorial thread. ;)

All that said, I wouldn't want my eyes to perfectly seal against the helmet. The extra airflow from the the slots around the edges is pretty important on hot troops.

With six fans, it feels like an air conditioner in my bucket.

Just a couple holes. In the end I opted for screen accuracy and ditched the SpyEar.

With a chin switch, you can flip the fans off and on if you really need to hear. 

• Like 1

That's an epic helmet build. I'll certainly keep it in mind as i pimp my own bucket.

Is that black Sugru around the eyes?

Epoxy putty, 

Sagru may work, but I've not seen that product local to me.

I used Industrial Strength Velcro. That's it! No special work done because it's only you seeing the inside of the helmet. Then I put padding inside and painted it black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got pics? Velcro would make it easy to take out a lens if you needed to.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes thank you! Do you think you could shed some more light on the screw attachment method? Likewise which one would you say is better?

Here's how I've done mine. I used modeling putty to mount some long 5mm nuts ( don't know the technical name for them!) And then painted the putty. I then drilled out the lenses and screwed them in

f48d8cf4c36478bdacf52f3f382c4d6d.jpg

• Like 1